ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ East Montgomery

That's what she said. I don't see that many but I see 3,000 as being a realistic number. I'm sure the cost would be same Pride.
E Mont's max seating capacity is 2,000. I expect 1,500 -1,800 being a more realistic number. I was at all W Mont's playoff games last year and had no problem getting a seat (home side) and there were empty spaces around me. The visitor's side was pretty full for both Walkertown and Starmount.

The last time we played there in 2013, I didn't get a seat and was standing 4 deep over in the corner of the end zone. If the capacity is 2,000, there was that many in 2013 unless there were a bunch of empty's on their side. And I expect there will be more than that this year. It would be interesting to find out how many actually show up.

According to a really good friend of mine on another site, they are selling advance tickets at EM because they are expecting 5,000 people at this game. People are losing they ever-lovin' mind over this thang!
I assume the pre -sale ( at EMHS office) is to help the flow around the ticket purchasing area which can be congested at "normal " games. Seating Capacity is a relative term that doesnt include "the hill(s)" on the home side and the standing area along the fence on the visitor's side. When I played late 80s - early 90s , we had somewhere between 3500-4000 people at some of the late round playoff games and vs WM.

I assume the pre -sale ( at EMHS office) is to help the flow around the ticket purchasing area which can be congested at "normal " games. Seating Capacity is a relative term that doesnt include "the hill(s)" on the home side and the standing area along the fence on the visitor's side. When I played late 80s - early 90s , we had somewhere between 3500-4000 people at some of the late round playoff games and vs WM.
With all that being said, i expect 2500(+/- 200) people to be there.

Well let's get this thread moving! EM has the ability to score but doesn't have the ability to keep from being scored on. WM has scored more points than EM and played one game less. EM has allowed almost 100 more points than WM. I'm an Ex-Eagle myself (class of 93) but I don't see EM pulling this one out. WM has too many weapons on Offense and the best Defense EM has seen all year! But I can agree that it will be crowded and good for concessions!

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
I can't remember any Stanly County Teams ever fighting for a Conference Championship against each Other. This should be special. Predicting this game takes away from the excitement

I'll have my actual prediction after the SD game tonight. I can start the thread but I can't bring myself to actually talk about the game until the next one is done. :)

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
Obviously this is a huge game and the east kids will play with the most energy they have all year. But after watching my mustangs play both, I just don't see east stopping west from scoring. Against east, we lined up and ran right at them with the same couple plays and they really didn't have an answer until the 4th qtr. but, to their credit, they got stops late when they had to. Against west, we got totally manhandled. I see west scoring in the 40's like they have just about every week since conference play started. WM 42, EM 21

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Although East is greatly improved from recent years. They're still not ready to de-throne the Warriors. The "Game of Thrones" still resides in Warrior Land.

Yes EM is closer to the Jerry Daniels era than they have been in a long time! They believe in themselves and they have been working hard! All the hard work and dedication is paying off. But, WM has been doing the hard work dedication dance since these Seniors were in the 8th grade! Coach Eddins was looking towards the future and the future is now! These guys are the most prepared and mentally focused group that possibly has ever been through WM! I'm not scared to say WM rolls 35-14!

Looks the little 'ol Warrior team will be facing future 2A em next Friday night!! 70 more students than WM and will still get a loss. On the brighter side, at em won't have to worry about personal fouls, unsportsmanlike penalties or ejections tonight. Just hope if they venture across the river they behave.

I

Interesting! Have they ever played for a conference title before? Some of u Montgomery county historians should know.
Technically, no. In 1990 they played in the Central Tar Heel 2A- 1A split conference. WM ( CTH #1 seed 2-A) EM ( CTH #1 seed 1-A) . EM beat WM ( I think WMs only regular season loss)

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
In 1990, East was and up and coming Team. The same thing is happening now
Believe it or not by 1990 EM was already an established program. We had already been to 2 Western finals ( 88,87) and also made the Western finals in 1990 ( as well as '91). We lost all of them though. Those future NFL 1st round draft picks were tough to beat. This years team is hopefully signs of things to come.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Those late 80's, early 90's EM teams were very good. Unfortunately, Murphy and Swain had some once in a lifetime type of talent coming through them thar hills during that time.

Those late 80's, early 90's EM teams were very good. Unfortunately, Murphy and Swain had some once in a lifetime type of talent coming through them thar hills during that time.
Yep, I would be shocked if there has ever been a 1-A team as good as the Murphy team with Carl Pickens ('87). They destroyed us and we never tackled that guy. ( pushed him out of bounds a couple times)

You hear that EM91...... that's the sound of the drums coming from Wadeville. Seven days from now you'll be hearing them loud and clear and will be reminded who West Montgomery is. You and your band of eagles can have the next 7 days to pine over how y'all can win this game when in reality you are realistic enough to know you won't. Enjoy the hype.

I heard the message tonight. "Just Another Game". I'm not commenting on this thread until it's over. No need to pump it up and make more out of it than it is. Then it's on to the playoffs.

It is.... to us. This is as close to the State Championship game em will EVER get...no need to make more out of it than it is. The em booster's club should reserve a float in the Star Christmas Parade if they win this game. When they move up to 2A they will become more irrelevant than they already are if that's possible.

Bend quiuet 2 luong. Mr. Buzzard an Mr. BDee r da sam humeine bbieng. Eat Mongomary will wine by 24 paints. Dfince will jumped oft sized erey play. Eat will shot doun Wst ofince. Finale scoe is em 46 amd wst 0.
BDee is nout nyce. He ez mein to he's twen Mr. Buzzard. Xoxoxoxo to me frind, Mr. Buzzard. BDee leaves hims alone.

Bend quiuet 2 luong. Mr. Buzzard an Mr. BDee r da sam humeine bbieng. Eat Mongomary will wine by 24 paints. Dfince will jumped oft sized erey play. Eat will shot doun Wst ofince. Finale scoe is em 46 amd wst 0.
BDee is nout nyce. He ez mein to he's twen Mr. Buzzard. Xoxoxoxo to me frind, Mr. Buzzard. BDee leaves hims alone.
^^^^^^^^^^
Boy, it takes talent to even type that bad on purpose! If I'm translating this correctly you think me and BD Harris are the same person?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT