ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ Albemarle

spiketomandjerry4

Jun 27, 2015
Too Soon??!! Finally a healthy and rested AHS win's this in tough fashion, 31-28. This one goes down to the wire and could go either way. This is a win/win for us as we have been humiliated the last two years. If we keep it close it will be an improvement. I also heard we had a really good lineman who recently enrolled from a rowan county school. This will add much needed depth to our o and d line.

Albemarle has no shot. U need more than 18 total players on the team to beat them. Albemarle looked horrible in qtr number 1 and quarter number 3 vs south freakin davidson last night, they got no shot none

We all know that South Stanly is going to win this Conference. They have right now as much of a chance as anyone. We are getting into the thick of it now

Most fans try to predict a game with their heart and not their head. I totally set aside that I was a player and graduate at Albemarle, before I try to call a game. I just hope that Albemarle fans are not gaining ANY confidence on the last two wins. NO, the offense is not CLICKING and the defense is not playing better. The level of competition the Bulldogs have faced the last two weeks is possibly the worst in the state of N.C. .

West Montgomery is bigger, FASTER, and stronger than Albemarle at every position. I will say this Warrior team is not quite as good as past years, but I still look for them to win the West and lose in the State Championship to James Kenan.

I really hope that the Warriors don't embarrass the Bulldogs like they really could. This game will not be close and if you think it will, you've got your old Bulldog glasses on. Take them off and admit what is on the field. I will always support my Bulldogs, and I will always tell the truth about what I see on the playing field. This year.......well, they are who they are.

West Mont. 54 Albemarle 12

Reactions: sway1532
If the players don't think they have lost already they have a chance to stay in this game. Just because they have nothing to lose and WM will walk in like they already won.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
That is the one WM weakness that scares me and should give you hope. Slow starts and playing to the competition instead of playing to their capability. Hopefully they will be over that come time for Albemarle. Talk to you next week.

Good one! If UA is "matters to attend to" then we have a huge confidence booster from a fan.
Not exactly. I believe in taking it one week at a time regardless of your opponent no matter how good or bad they may be. Remember it's anybody's game week in and week out, that's why you play. These are young men we are talking about here.......

Not exactly. I believe in taking it one week at a time regardless of your opponent no matter how good or bad they may be. Remember it's anybody's game week in and week out, that's why you play. These are young men we are talking about here.......
I agree completely if these kids were scared to play they would quit I hope to see an Albemarle team that plays for their lives.

Until everyone is on the same page, Albemarle has absolutely no chance in hell to compete against West Montgomery. I love the Bulldogs, but there's some serious problems within house that won't be cured by defeating Chatham Central and South Davidson. Some within the program sacrifice their time for the team. Others sacrifice each other to explain the losing.

I'll give the Bulldogs 7 points. That's 7 points in what they will score. West Montgomery 41, Albemarle 7.

It's good to know that the Bulldogs are 2~1 in Conference even if We played a couple Teams that are part of the three blind Mice. Albemarle is still athletic and building confidence will make this Team better. As far as Coaches are concerned it would be nice if all of Them where energetic after each good play. Most of Them are

Will get to see this one in person finally. Hoping to be able to detect some improvement since earlier in the season. Still holding out hope AHS can keep the North Stanly streak intact. . . . :)

Sometimes I believe some people pop hydrocodone and are numb to the fact that Albemarle "Isn't Albemarle". I'll be at this game, but Albemarle takes an L.

We need to keep it as close as possible. But West Montgomery Will turn up the heat when felt threatened like they did last year.

We don't have better athletes or coaching staff than they do....it will take the football God's to front us 28 pts from the jump if we're going to stand a chance,

Keep it close...

Last edited:
This is not the same Albemarle team as last year from many standpoints. Obviously different coaches and a new system, however if you look at our personnel, and hopefully we are starting to get some sort of stability in the backfield and up front on the o line, we are complete opposite from last year as well. We have a much bigger o line, faster qb but cant throw it as well, much bigger and more physical backs, gigantic tight ends compared to a lot of fast skill players to throw to last year. If I remember correctly last year we threw the ball almost every play which will be opposite this year. I think with our team finally getting settled in, it will be a very similar game to Thomasville. Thomasville had WM on the ropes and should have won. We could have easily beat Thomasville and I think if we played this Friday we would get a win. This will be closer than everything thinks.

Faster QB? Bird and Bennett seem neck and neck to me... unless you are referring to #17 being slow?
Sorry, I was referring to Niven's from last year. Niven's looked fast but could never beat any team with his legs. Bird in my opinion is deceptively fast but Bennett is a better running QB. We cant go wrong with Bird or Bennett at QB. I am not sure and don't know a lot about 17.

Sorry, I was referring to Niven's from last year. Niven's looked fast but could never beat any team with his legs. Bird in my opinion is deceptively fast but Bennett is a better running QB. We cant go wrong with Bird or Bennett at QB. I am not sure and don't know a lot about 17.
Ahh ok I see and yes I agree I would like to see Bird run more wing and catching passes from Bennett while he scrambles around. Or throwing it from the pocket if the O line would give him 3 seconds...

Reactions: spiketomandjerry4
I saw Bennett's highlights on huddle. SD Dline broke thru on some plays...doesn't do us any good to have a big line and can't block for 3 seconds. But Bennett is the better athlete all around.

Thomasville game was different. That was the first game of the season and both looked horrible.

I've already predicted. I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong.

Reactions: spiketomandjerry4
Anyone know why Bird isn't starting on offense? I understand him not being at QB I do like Bennett at QB somewhat. but I would start him at wing over #10... I think you could generate quite a few more points that way. but maybe i'm missing something. Anyone know?

You get more offensive productivity with Bennett at QB. Bird is needed on defense where he is thriving.

How many of you AHS guys have actually seen WM play this year? I'm guessing not many, but you still say WM is not as good as last year? The fact is they have not had to play like last year. They could have put 100 on any team in the conference so far but instead gave the young guys a chance to get experience. Probably not a bad move seeing as 20+\- will be graduating after the season. Yes, they have been starting slow but they put up almost as many points in 1 qtr as NS did in a whole game against NM. If you think for one minute WM is worse than last year then you will have a big surprise in 2 weeks. In my opinion they are just getting started!

Indogswetrust, Bird has been a God send at corner. He is more valuable there than most of our offensive backs. I am sure he will get some offensive plays go his way at some point. It is extremely helpful to play two platoon as much as possible and Bird is by far our best defensive back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT