ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ Albemarle

The way we have started at times in the first quarter Follower, we may not score before 7:00 this Friday either! lol

Unless we suddenly get 4-6 starters out, which was the case against Thomasville, Concord, West, and EM.... then WM is over estimating us. This will be a lot better game than all these WM fanatics are predicting. I am not saying that we will win but it wont be a blowout. Write that down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Rich
Albemarle middle school team got beat by West Stanly middle this past Monday. Looks like Albemarle years of ruling the county is over.

Unless we suddenly get 4-6 starters our which was the case against Thomasville, Concord, West, and EM.... then WM is over estimating us. This will be a lot better game than all these WM fanatics are predicting. I am not saying that we will win but it wont be a blowout. Write that down.

And we had 2 OL out and they didn't get to play together as a group until the 4th game of the year and the YVC player of the year last year missed almost the entire game at West Stanly. Everyone deals with that, so keep that in mind when you are doing your score comparisons too. Not saying you aren't correct, but we aren't the same team from earlier in the year either.

Reactions: Buzzard15
Albemarle middle school team got beat by West Stanly middle this past Monday. Looks like Albemarle years of ruling the county is over.

You have kids from Albemarle playing for North Stanly youth league and so forth. I am not surprised....they should be grateful that our school system sucks....

Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
Has any bulldog fans been to see the middle school play this year? besides any outsiders...

And we had 2 OL out and they didn't get to play together as a group until the 4th game of the year and the YVC player of the year last year missed almost the entire game at West Stanly. Everyone deals with that, so keep that in mind when you are doing your score comparisons too. Not saying you aren't correct, but we aren't the same team from earlier in the year either.
Fanatic that's the truth! Our guys have fought hard after starting off very slow! These guys are coming together at the right time! Our toughest conference games start this week, aside from SD. These players and Coaching staff will treat this game just like they do every game. These Warriors will be prepared, being that's the time they are usually practicing anyway. Football is Football no matter what time of day it is!

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
I had the opportunity of sneaking in the stadium and watching practice today. Our team is gigantic! I guess this is the first time we have had all of our starters healthy. I had a nephew who played 4a football in Charlotte and if you look at what we are putting on the field, it could pass for Myers Park or Independence. I think WM will have their hands full. We looked good and ready to play football. I have asked out of work to come to the game. I cant wait to see it!

Hope AHS fans will keep the final score in perspective. On paper at least, WM should dominate. Hope to see continued improvement and better execution of the offensive schemes by AHS. Beyond that, I have no expectations.

I took a trip down too South Stanly tonight to check out the middle school team.

My observations:

We are very athletic! coaching is a little suspect, but we have players....big ones at that. The things we need to work on is toughness(consistency) and discipline.

South Stanly looked terrible and like we've done in the past, we just out 'athlete'd them. Our QB is the real deal and our RB #21 is a beast.

Not sure what @Trench Warrior and @atucker2 is talking about. With good coaching these kids will be great.

Coaching makes a difference.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I took a trip down too South Stanly tonight to check out the middle school team.

My observations:

We are very athletic! coaching is a little suspect, but we have players....big ones at that. The things we need to work on is toughness(consistency) and discipline.

South Stanly looked terrible and like we've done in the past, we just out 'athlete'd them. Our QB is the real deal and our RB #21 is a beast.

Not sure what @Trench Warrior and @atucker2 is talking about. With good coaching these kids will be great.

Coaching makes a difference

From what I was told our middle school has played well just not consistent. Also heard they beat west mont by a wide margin. Against West Stanky heard they were leading the whole game up until the end.

I hope Mallard Creek doesn't run into any issues like Independence did 9 years ago :rolleyes:.

Knowing North Carolina, they will probably build another high school to break that up like they did with Butler. Rocky River high school split that school in 2.

Mallard Creek will have an ADM of over 2600 students this year. It is obvious within the next five years a high school will open in the northern part of the county.

Butler did ok after Rocky River opened in 2010-11 school year. Indy was the school that lost half of their district student body. East Meck was crippled athletically by far the most as they lost more of their district students than the other two and were replaced with the Myers Park non district IB students. Out of 500 new students ZERO played football. Indy got students from Butler and Butler got some really good athletic producing East Meck neighborhoods. Butler did ok.

Question:

1. Is South Stanly and Albemarle merging. next year? I've heard this from a few sources and heard it again last night.

More observations:

I believe the head coach for the middle school is the former North Stanly high school coach, Parker. I know he's the assistant principal.

The one thing these kids needs to learn how to do is "Tackle". I saw too much grabbing jerseys and swinging players to the ground. They need to learn how to square up and run through the tackle.

Speaking with one of the coaches last night, I told him he got a talented group of kids coming up. I saw nothing but athletes...there is one kid that's a tight end; he is good as heck, runs routes good and shifty. There will be no drop off next year....

Looking at the youth league, middle, Albemarle will be o.k. for years to come.

Also heard we got a few new surprises at Albemarle.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogsfan85
lmao I always enjoy your honesty.

Believe me Sway, it hurts to see the Albemarle Football Program in the shambles that it's in now. I graduated from AHS and my son played for Albemarle from 2001-2004 so I remember what a "Good" Albemarle Football Team looks like. I hope that someday this program will return to it's glory.....but for now that seems light years away. I mean no disrespect to any of the players or coaches when I post on this board. I'm just not one to come on here and try to sugar coat or make them look better than they actually are. I said before the season began that this team would be lucky to even "sniff" a 6 win season. I have seen nothing to change my mind thus far. I know we can't expect the teams that we cheer for to win every year and every game. But man it sure is a lot more fun than this.

From what I was told our middle school has played well just not consistent. Also heard they beat west mont by a wide margin. Against West Stanly heard they were leading the whole game up until the end.
WM Middle has most of the starters hurt right now. The halls look more like a pediatric hospital! Seems like every other kid, boys and girls, are on crutches! The Hoss of a RB, Nick King is out with a cracked knee cap. That kid looks like a baby Bo Jackson when he is healthy. The Cline kid that play MLB is a headhunter for sure! He will knock your block off, but he can't do it all alone. I can't wait to see these guys under Coach Eddins! The winning at WM should continue, atleast until the High Schools merge....(WM+EM= WarEagles?)

From the kids I saw last night at Albemarle Middle.....if Smith can't do anything with those kids.....then I don't know what to say.

Our pipeline > Your pipeline

Anything else I can help you with? :p

You must admit that this is always a fun week fellers!

From what I was told our middle school has played well just not consistent. Also heard they beat west mont by a wide margin. Against West Stanly heard they were leading the whole game up until the end.

You heard wrong, Albemarle never even had the lead.

West Middle will be fine. HALF their starters are injured and the 8th grade class is small. WM could very easily be playing 1A in the next year or two. Plus you have to remember 16 and 17 isn't 12 and 13......

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
i
You have kids from Albemarle playing for North Stanly youth league and so forth. I am not surprised....they should be grateful that our school system sucks..

There r kids playing for Albe youth league that live in NS district too. Only a handful of kids playing out of there district.

Albe HS has had NS kids playing for them for years when they shouldnt be playing out of district. Now NS has 2 players transfer in from Albe and they are winning because of Albe players. People should know that they have been building football teams from youth league up for 8 years or so now. All the winnings is from dedication from the community and kids. North will have good teams from now on because the culture has change The North community is some good folk for the most part that loves Football. That why you have lots of people wanting to jump on the NS wagon. North always brings the biggest crowd to any away game and fills the stands on rainy home games.

Albemarle J.V. is full of freshmen. WM has a lot of sophomores on that team. Once Albemarle scored first and then WM started too squib kick the rest of the night while Albemarle tried to get players on the field. Also Albemarle had fumblitis.

Wow..... Is somebody butt hurt??? I don't guess the fact the WM is clearly better coached, conditioned and executed better had anything to do with the fact that your bullpups got taken to the woodshed once again?? Get ready for round two this afternoon. I know you are somewhat of a parody poster but geez man... give it up. The days of Albemarle dominance are over. Accept that and move on.

Reactions: atucker2
Albemarle J.V. is full of freshmen. WM has a lot of sophomores on that team. Once Albemarle scored first and then WM started too squib kick the rest of the night while Albemarle tried to get players on the field. Also Albemarle had fumblitis.
I don't know most of the JV team, but I do know that #5 (Rhone) is a freshman...I heard he had 5 TD's last night...but I was not there so don't hold me to it.

I didn't get to this one either, but I saw the JV's and the Rhone kid earlier in the year. If not for Fred and Jo, that kid would be toting it on Friday nights this year as a freshman. Its good to have such a problem and have a stable ready to go.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT