ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery @ Albemarle

I hope Mallard Creek doesn't run into any issues like Independence did 9 years ago :rolleyes:.

Knowing North Carolina, they will probably build another high school to break that up like they did with Butler. Rocky River high school split that school in 2.

Last edited:
Glad to see the most humble poster from Albemarle back.... I'm sure he's been very crucial to the success of Randy Moss' son!! LOL!! Geez... congrats you were a good football player. I'd love to see you come on here one time and not sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back. Kinda of makes you wonder why you feel the need to blow your own horn so much. But, guess that's how you get through life... enjoy the game. I'm sure you won't be watching because you'll be reminding everyone in the stands how great you WERE.

Glad to see the most humble poster from Albemarle back.... I'm sure he's been very crucial to the success of Randy Moss' son!! LOL!! Geez... congrats you were a good football player. I'd love to see you come on here one time and not sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back. Kinda of makes you wonder why you feel the need to blow your own horn so much. But, guess that's how you get through life... enjoy the game. I'm sure you won't be watching because you'll be reminding everyone in the stands how great you WERE.
BD Harris what in the world are you talking about? For your info I check these boards daily. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not around. Are you obsessed with my career or something? No I had nothing to do with moss success because his dad train him. You are more than welcome to come to Charlotte after the season and see the player that I do train.

The Albemarle vs. West game may be pushed up to 4-4:30 fyi.

Guess the element that exists within the two communities that neither of us are proud of rears it's ugly head once again. It is the world we live in today. If it makes for a safer environment I support the decision 100%.

Guess the element that exists within the two communities that neither of us are proud of rears it's ugly head once again. It is the world we live in today. If it makes for a safer environment I support the decision 100%.
Well I remember how security was beefed up at the game last season..should we expect to see the same?

Reactions: sway1532
Exactly it is about a bunch of knuckle heads trying to be thugs... (on both sides of the river)

Back to the game: Watched a few minutes of practice at WM's indoor facility yesterday. These two programs are on completely different levels in so many areas that it's not even possible to compare them. This game should & WILL be a total blowout barring a bunch "home cooking" by the zebras which has happened a lot thru the years at AHS!!

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Albemarle has been decent against the run minus the first two games. This week We are getting back in the caliber of the first game. West isn't Concord so They want be playing 2 sting in the second Quarter. Concord was the best Team We will play in the next couple years

So why the time change? Do the schools want the game played during daylight hours to discourage mischief or is something else going on? Assuming it is not a weather issue - forecast for Fri is clear.

Back to the game: Watched a few minutes of practice at WM's indoor facility yesterday. These two programs are on completely different levels in so many areas that it's not even possible to compare them. This game should & WILL be a total blowout barring a bunch "home cooking" by the zebras which has happened a lot thru the years at AHS!!

It's no doubt in my mind that you have it in for Albemarle. That's o.k.

We all know that West Montgomery has an excellent coach as well as staff. We all know that West Montgomery has had stability in their program at the helm the last 6 years. On top of that, their BOE hasn't taking away the coaches supplement pay for a season in volunteer coaching.....We know that West Montgomery will beat the brakes off of Albemarle. We know....we know...we know...

The enjoyment of Albemarle loosing is as follows:
1. Alabama loosing
2. Duke basketball loosing
3. Lebron James loosing
4. New England Patriots loosing

I guess there's no need to go to the game this Friday. Albemarle shouldn't even show up I guess.

Albemarle has been decent against the run minus the first two games. This week We are getting back in the caliber of the first game. West isn't Concord so They want be playing 2 sting in the second Quarter. Concord was the best Team We will play in the next couple years

I want to see West Montgomery play a team like Concord or Davidson Day or Central Cabarrus; or any other team in the YVC for that matter. The SMC looks like the only conference to schedule a "Real Team" out of conference here lately. We'll see how "Above the shoulders" West Montgomery really is when they schedule some competition!

I will agree that the big play 1 or 2 play "drives" have been down this year as compared to the past. They are more longer smash mouth type drives. I like that better cause it allows the defense to rest more. Therefore, our defense is actually much better this year. Hopefully we can keep it rolling against Albemarle. I will be interested in the honest opinion of our Albemarle poster friends after the game, assuming we show up. Still concerned about the slow starts.

I don't think beating up on Albemarle is a true test as to just how good WM is. This is a real down year for us and I think the game will show that. The numbers game will put us at a real disadvantage against WM. All good programs have these kind of years. When the game is over I will give the victor his just dues. Go Dogs.

You guys have seen Albemarle this year Buddy. I haven't so I'm still going to be anxious until it is over. Overconfidence is exactly what the WM boys don't need. We have already dealt with that earlier in the year.

Reactions: sway1532
Albemarle sucks! lol.....nothing to really see! They are somewhere in between UA and East Montgomery.

But we play hard, and that's what matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
As I see it Foot. Our best game was against Thomasville. Since then the wheels have come off. Coaching change, trying to install a new offense at the last minute (big mistake), low numbers, inexperienced coaching staff. Just add all that up and it is what it is. I agree with sway. The kids play really hard and that is all we can ask. WM should win fairly easy.
PS. If you can come early Foot come on up in front of the pressbox and say hello to myself and the rest of the NCC. I have great respect for you as a poster and I can't say that about all of them.

Just being real when I say West isn't Concord. We should know about thinking We can beat Everybody. We was there. This possible time change for Friday's game will hurt the gate money

Hey Buddy I'll try. If the time gets moved up like old hateful Sway says, work might get in the way.

Understand. Just saw on facebook looking at the Albemarle athletic calendar it has the game starting at 4. Guess if it keeps the peace I'm for it.

Just being real when I say West isn't Concord. We should know about thinking We can beat Everybody. We was there. This possible time change for Friday's game will hurt the gate money

Oh 0 doubt that we ain't even close to Concord. I meant your opinion on where we stack up to WM teams the last couple of years. That is the parts of the game we play well in, if we are able to.

[QUOTE="sway1532, post: 198656, member: 4248"

It's no doubt in my mind that you have it in for Albemarle. That's o.k.

We all know that West Montgomery has an excellent coach as well as staff. We all know that West Montgomery has had stability in their program at the helm the last 6 years. On top of that, their BOE hasn't taking away the coaches supplement pay for a season in volunteer coaching.....We know that West Montgomery will beat the brakes off of Albemarle. We know....we know...we know...

The enjoyment of Albemarle loosing is as follows:
1. Alabama loosing
2. Duke basketball loosing
3. Lebron James loosing
4. New England Patriots loosing

I guess there's no need to go to the game this Friday. Albemarle shouldn't even show up I guess.[/QUOTE]

Hilarious Sway! So you're not only a FOOTBALL EXPERT, you are now a mind reader!!! Sorry to disappoint but I could care less about AHS. Most of their posters (like you) are always talking a lot on here but not really saying anything. It is entertaining at times but mostly just makes people wonder how in the world anyone could know so little yet talk so much??

As far as my post, I was at WMHS yesterday & spent just a few minutes watching them practice. I made an educated observation based on what I have seen while watching both programs this year. At the moment, Albemarle is a completely irrelevant football program. They are middle of the pack in an extremely weak football conference. Comparing them getting beat or loosing (guess you meant losing??) to the joy haters have when Bama, Duke, LJ, or New England is a prime example of you living in the past. However, I am sure that there are many people glad to see the Bulldogs get embarrassed on the field after all the years of running up the score. Based on what I have seen on the JV & middle school level, the downward spiral of AHS football is nowhere near finished.

U have fun Friday watching the beat down (if you show up)!

FYI-- Please share: Both football games this week have been moved to 4:30 pm. The JV game Thursday will be here and the Varsity game Friday will be at Albemarle, both at 4:30. Also no handbags, backpacks, or similar items will be allowed into the stadium.

Thanks for the spell check @Trench Warrior. Need guys like you in this cruel world.

That's great that you took an "educated" observation, I expect nothing less from you. I for one don't live in the past. Isiah 43 explains it best..

We may be in a downward spiral...or we may not be, either way I could care less.

Anyway,

I hope Albemarle drops 50+ on West Montgomery.

Oh 0 doubt that we ain't even close to Concord. I meant your opinion on where we stack up to WM teams the last couple of years. That is the parts of the game we play well in, if we are able to.
Probably as good as any of the 3. When You had the 2 good Running backs You was a scoring threat every play. I don't hate on West Montgomery because I respect the Fans on here. Most of Us are more Friend than Foe

Move the game up? What gives ? Normally u would think the NCC would be behind something like this. Is this because if the MG kid shooting at Alb last year? Is itbecause the MG kid got murdered in A town this year? Is Sway wanting to go to both games or is there only one Ref crew and they are having to double dip and do the NS/EM game. I along with others will not be able to attend with that start time.

It's a good opportunity to catch two games on one Friday night. I don't care how much security You have something can still happen on School property with the game being one and a half Hour after School. It's scary

Foot I'm trying to find out what's behind this early start. Think I know but waiting for conformation. Will post when I know for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT