ADVERTISEMENT

West Montgomery 35 Walkertown 26

The better team won tonight. I said WM would beat WT by 8, and I was close. Great teams play a full 4 quarters, especially in the second half, and I saw right at the end of the 1st half, WM had this game won. WT ran out of fumes, and their play calling was on par with Albemarle's lol. You guys had me scared, there for a minute. No YVC team in it would make us look even more pathetic. Congrats.

......that is impressive for a new school....looks like Walkertown is heading in right directions with football and baseball. I saw baseball team last spring and was impressed they way they play against Chatam Central. I did check out the facilities at WT and glad to see that they done a good job over there.

Great second half for the Warriors. West Players showing how much They want to stay in the Playoffs and that will payoff the closer They get to the Championship

Thank you Walkertown. The first half WM team will be done in a week or two. The second half team can beat anyone. We need to stay focused. Almost let that one get away. Good job Warriors. Hats off to Walkertown.

Walkertown gave WM a fit in the first half but the Coaches made adjustments and the kids woke up! I agree with Fanatic, if WM plays like they did in the first half again then it might be over soon. Not sure if Walkertown was that good or WM was that frazzled but they couldn't get anything going. The second half almost halfway through the 3rd qtr these guys came alive and started fighting! They showed that they will not give up! Proud of those WM Warriors!

Those big bodies leaning on you for 4 quarters takes its toll. As bad as that first half was, the second was equally impressive. I had a sick feeling when that td was called back. But, they kept plugging, and scoring. And the D was lights out second half, minus that one pass play. And that one in the first. We surely must have the most tipped pass td's in the state. Knock it down fellas. Win and move on baby. Even if it is ugly.

Walkertown has a history of starting fast, exspecially against MA and ES the past 2 years, . but dying in the second half handle their first punch then it's your. Maybe something to do with easy schedule non-conference slate. Will say this, their o-line did a great job of protecting QB, but couldn't generate running game. WT QB made some poor throws in second half and WM got 3 picks. But he was a good QB and line protected him well.

Excellent write-up in the WS Journal. I highly recommend listening to the pre-game speech. What a classy program Walkertown is building. Classy coach too. Keep your heads up Walkertown. I haven't noticed any of their fans on here, but you should be proud of what is going on there.

Link

spot on about the fast starts but Pack still looking for that signature win....have a lot of juniors and sophs back next year

Huge win for the Warriors. Any team that advances to a state title game has to overcome a game or two like this. GATA WMont!

I stand corrected.... WM won.....

Two BS calls by the refs and we still won.........no reason that they should still be throwing flags aganist us. Keep it real. and next week... Happy Tgiving..........

Originally posted by BDHarris:
I stand corrected.... WM won.....

Two BS calls by the refs and we still won.........no reason that they should still be throwing flags aganist us. Keep it real. and next week... Happy Tgiving..........

That was a thought provoking post

This post was edited on 11/24 9:31 AM by GoldenCross

Congrats to the Warriors, missing that football already, best of luck no need to stop now! Took in the first ever swim meet last Friday, pretty cool at times not very spectator friendly though. Wish coach Chris brown the best hope he gets that ring couldn't happen to a better guy

#go 7 & 8

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT