ADVERTISEMENT

3A West Henderson Coach Joey Bryson Resigns

Not interesting at all. He's coming off a suspension where he cussed out a ref from what I heard, but one thing that needs to be remembered about him is that his dad was Tommy Bryson, the gentlemen who was kidnapped and murdered by Philip Stroupe in 2017. The court case has been an ongoing saga and it's evident that Joey has a lot of pent up anger.

I've watched Joey for a long time, back when he was at NB, but something changed in him back in 2017 as it would all of us. This is best for him so that he can work on Joey.
I was referring to it being mid-season as it being interesting... in aspects pertaining to basketball only. I'm very well aware of Joey's situation as I have many close ties to the Mills River community. It was truly a tragic situation with Tommy and I don't blame the man at all for being angry! God knows I would be battling my demons as well. Was def not trying to insinuate anything. Joey's a good coach and a good man. I wish him nothing but the best. This will be a very coveted job if it doesn't go to Ward.

Not interesting at all. He's coming off a suspension where he cussed out a ref from what I heard, but one thing that needs to be remembered about him is that his dad was Tommy Bryson, the gentlemen who was kidnapped and murdered by Philip Stroupe in 2017. The court case has been an ongoing saga and it's evident that Joey has a lot of pent up anger.

I've watched Joey for a long time, back when he was at NB, but something changed in him back in 2017 as it would all of us. This is best for him so that he can work on Joey.

I would think he isn’t the only coach in wnc to cuss out a ref? Is West Henderson really that appalled? They’ll be hard pressed to find a coach with a winning record that hasn’t went off on a ref

I would think he isn’t the only coach in wnc to cuss out a ref? Is West Henderson really that appalled? They’ll be hard pressed to find a coach with a winning record that hasn’t went off on a ref

My understanding of the situation after speaking with WHS parents is he tried to go into the officials locker room after the game. A female principal tried to stop him and he pushed her aside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT