ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth vs Reagan on LIVE TV tonight ..TWC Thurs Night Football

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
http://www.myspectrumsports.com/nc/thursday-night-high-school-football

It's a rival game so throw Reagan's record out the window; anything can happen. Anyway, a rebuilding, very talented 2016 West Forsyth is a top 15 team in the State and should handle Reagan quite comfortably.

West Forsyth is a year away from the 2017 4AA title. The whole team will be back!

Everybody should watch 5 Star (247 Sports) 6'6 230lb DE/TE KJ Henry ... he's got a motor!

Last edited:
Having watched West play several times this year - some thoughts:

Agreed on watching this West team for next year - they are VERY young this year and have some rising stars for sure:
KJ - everyone knows this young man and his upside is ridiculous
Marcus Caldwell - great athlete 5 D1 offers
Mack Duke - STRONG runner with great hands too - need 5 yards? - give this kid the ball
Drew Latham - fearless QB that runs the read option very well - passing decisions improving
McMillion - D1 CB shutdown player
Next year's starters will have no less than 15 kids that will play some sort of college ball
All these kids back along with a strong Sophomore class - next year could be special

I have seen Reagan a couple of games this year - Reagan has a VERY good defense - don't sleep on those young men. Offense struggling especially QB

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It's a rival game so throw Reagan's record out the window; anything can happen. Anyway, a rebuilding, very talented 2016 West Forsyth is a top 15 team in the State and should handle Reagan quite comfortably.

West Forsyth is a year away from the 2017 4AA title. The whole team will be back!

Everybody should watch 5 Star (247 Sports) 6'6 DE/TE KJ Henry ... he's got a motor!

Lol....sure they are

Just my opinion Blue & Gold... "we all have one" thanks for the critique of all
my post... you are truly the best. Lol...

I have learned a painful lesson this past year, you have to be careful with the predictions. Not just for your own team, but those you play. Really expected ND to be undefeated or at the most a 1 loss team. I guess that's why you play the game vs. outcomes that are decided on paper or in forums. Best of luck to you guys @ WF, Davie, Tabor, etc next year, hope it's everything you expect it to be. I won't even speculate about how likely it is that ND goes deep into the 2A playoffs next year.....

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
If you watch the game watch for horrible penalties. Reagan has played two games this year were teams had double or more the average amount of other games. They give out some generous penalties in favor of Reagan.

Good refreees 35-7
Bad referees 21-7

Indeed, but to be fair we knew our offense could play with anyone. The defense has not improved through. Odd considering that they go against that offense every day in practice...

We are so pretty! lol... Hey, it's just fan excitement we are talking about.

I've got nothing against BlaaaEnoughNut or Blues&Goldie! I'm just a fan with opinion. It's a forum; the site... it wants our opinion...and while I'm not perfect with my predictions or analogy , I have been right!..most of the time, so let it rip on here; it's a forum without vulgarity. I don't critique anybody on this forum or challenge anybody's verbal expression; but "if you come at me" I'm coming back!.. Now, I will take a shot at rankings or polls...it's still just an opinion! No big deal.. Honda knows! Forsyth knows!

Reagan has had 2 long TD plays called back.
2 dif possessions.
85 yds
55 yds

2nd no score

Reagan another 50 yd play,, yes another flag, called back

Reagan another 50 yd play, this time no flag
The time warner guys are not liking all these flags

Last edited:
#5 I think thats the Henry kid he looks the part. Really good looking athlete. West has a lot of size on the front but they are getting blocked. Regan as Scots said is getting td's and long runs called back at every turn.

and the guy above made reference to Reagan getting the calls,
they've got nothing at home tonight., after there last 50 yd play it was followed by back to back unsportsmanlike flags to stop drive... WF 7-0 right b4 half

WF - I thought they would look better on D! They are getting gashed. (2) 50 plus runs back to back tells me a lot.

Just a joke CPC. You are more than welcome to your opinion. The thing is, hyping up west for next year seems a little preemptive, especially considering this season is not even over. Just keep on keeping on...

Long pick 6 for Reagan 14-7, its a ball game
8 min

WOW 70 yd td run for Reagan 3:55
those dog on kickers miss pat
14-13 WF

Unreal Reagan inside WF 30, 22 seconds.
50 yd fg try,, this has 0 chance

no chance bad attempt shuda went for it, terrible call
fg blocked td WF 21-13
final

maybe this a rival game but WF I don't see as a threat
to the Charlotte powers in the west.

Last edited:
West Forsyth... Average team at best.

Saw them play 2 times this year. Only one who really stuck out to me was Brinkley? I really don't even know if that's his name just what I had heard from fans.

#5 is only hyped due to his size. If you are ranked as a top player in the country you should absolutely hammer people and I have yet to see that from him.

15 kids playing ball at the next level? No disrespect but do you know much about football? If you had 15 kids on one high school team that were good enough to play at the next level, you in most cases WOULD NOT lose. I am all for having avid fans and its great that people pull for their team but dang man, come on!

West Forsyth... Average team at best.

Saw them play 2 times this year. Only one who really stuck out to me was Brinkley? I really don't even know if that's his name just what I had heard from fans.

#5 is only hyped due to his size. If you are ranked as a top player in the country you should absolutely hammer people and I have yet to see that from him.

15 kids playing ball at the next level? No disrespect but do you know much about football? If you had 15 kids on one high school team that were good enough to play at the next level, you in most cases WOULD NOT lose. I am all for having avid fans and its great that people pull for their team but dang man, come on!
You said a mouthful. I watched the game and i would agree with your assessment #5 looks the part and plays it at times but he doesn't have a high motor. He plays way too high. I get it he is 6ft 5" but he pops up like a jack in the box on every snap. He would get mauled against a power run team like Dudley. SC junior tackles would eat him alive as well. He turns it on and off but that is common for young players. I was most impressed with #23 and # 3 on WF. Offensively, they are not much to write home about. Regan outplayed them but the mistakes and the dumb call to kick a 50 yd field goal were killers. You had 12 seconds you can run one out route and then try a hail-mary or at least a shorter field goal. Also very poor clock management by WF. The first play when they got the ball with 1:54 they ran it. You are throwing every play at that point.

East forsyth was able to run outside him all night. When east forsyth played them the right tackle allowed him inside then pushed him and washed him down inside. Beal (East Rb) just ran to the outside and that's what carried East forsyth. Sometimes what appears to be the strongest part of a team is the weakest.

They put the best LB on the right side with the worse DE and put the worst LB with KJ Henry because they assume he will stop the play. It's how East forsyth had sucesss running to him and doing short passes to his side.

Sometimes the eyeball test can play tricks on you.....Some guys pass the eyeball test and everyone makes assumptions they can play (Ryan Leaf comes to mind). Others don't pass the eyeball test and colleges miss out on a gem (Russell Wilson) OR that player goes to a smaller school and then ends up in the league 4-5 years later (Brad Hoover was a great example coming out of Ledford and WCU). I personally love it when the underdog or the "little guy" gets that chance and makes it. I see this in my own son, who in truth is not the biggest kicker in the world. I know for a fact he uses it as motivation, all the way to being ranked the #1 kicker in the country in the class of 2018. The Dispatch once referred to him as "the tiny kicker" (in a game he made 4 FGs , 2 of them 40+ yards) and he still uses that one as fuel. Now kickers are different from DEs, but the same principle of the eye ball test applies. He still enjoys going to these national level kicking camps and beating the snot out of bigger, older kickers who some might assume are better just because they are bigger. I guess what I am saying (in my humble opinion) is that the young man, KJ, has unlimited potential as you can't teach size or speed. These things are God given gifts that can sometimes be supplemented or increased, but for the most part you either have or you don't. Some coach at the next level (let's be honest, he will end up somewhere at a P5 conference school) will give this young man a chance to shine. He already has the tools you can't teach. I am willing to bet he will have success at the next level and everyone on these forums should hope the same. Worst case scenario....he gets a college education/degree and great life experiences as a student ATH. So whether the DE is 6'5" and you think he is over rated or the PK is 5'9" and he feels like he is under appreciated, everyone finds motivation from different sources. No one goes into the NFL because of how good/bad they were their junior year of high school. Good luck KJ, looking forward to seeing you suit up on Saturdays (just don't ever block a FG if you play against the tiny kicker)!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Kicked Off - I loved Chris's 65 yarder at the half tonight. We won't talk about the wind.

Honestly, the 50 yd FG into the wind was better in my opinion than the 65 with the wind. That was a really tough wind to kick into/with tonight. Would have loved to try a really long one there at the end!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT