ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth needs 2018 game

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Home or Away Week 2 or 5- contact Adrian Snow at the school

Last edited:
Scotland is not traveling to The Creek next year, and Harding will be horrible. If WF is returning a lot, i would imagine Mallard Creek would travel to West Forsyth.

They took the whole team to Ohio State or Clemson this summer so i would presume anywhere in the state. At the same time im sure Walkertown or Carver would like a check

If you know anything about Forsyth County Schools (as your name says you do) none of the 4A schools want to play the lower classification schools but are made to by the school Board. And yes it is about getting the check, those schools rarely host.

Reactions: Veejay4
Scotland is not traveling to The Creek next year, and Harding will be horrible. If WF is returning a lot, i would imagine Mallard Creek would travel to West Forsyth.
I don't want to hijack the thread but am just curious. Why is Scotland not traveling to the Creek?

If you know anything about Forsyth County Schools (as your name says you do) none of the 4A schools want to play the lower classification schools but are made to by the school Board. And yes it is about getting the check, those schools rarely host.

One of those schools is trying to lighten their schedule.

West Forsyth could play a very strong 3A or 4A school. I think 2A Hibriten would have been a good game this year. Only an hour and a half. A lot of good matchups within two hours or less of Lewisville. 2.5 hours will get them very deep into SC and VA.

Prefer Mallard Creek play a strong SC school. If WF and MC are good enough they will meet in the playoffs. As a fan I wish Shelby would host a split the gate with MC. Shelby would not give up season ticket money and have the concessions. Do it on Thursday before school starts or a Saturday before college football kicks off.

Last edited:
One of those schools is trying to lighten their schedule.

West Forsyth could play a very strong 3A or 4A school. I think Hibriten would have been a good game this year. Only an hour and a half. A lot of good matchups within two hours or less of Lewisville. 2.5 hours will get them very deep into SC and VA.

Prefer Mallard Creek play a strong SC school. If WF and MC are good enough they will meet in the playoffs. As a fan I wish Shelby would host a split the gate with MC. Shelby would not give up season ticket money and have the concessions. Do it on Thursday before school starts or a Saturday before college football kicks off.
If West isn’t losing a whole lot Hibriten would still be a good game next year too

Reactions: btango
I think Page has week 6 open, this year S Guilford picked their endowment game to be @ Page because they knew our gate would be big

They took the whole team to Ohio State or Clemson this summer so i would presume anywhere in the state. At the same time im sure Walkertown or Carver would like a check
Those games are preset. I can't confirm but I believe EF has to play Carver again at Carver this time.

Thankfully we were able to schedule Raleigh Sanderson which is still playing this week.

Forsyth Co. does us no favors locking us in to lesser opponents.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Word is it is because the deal with MC last year required the Scots to play at the jamboree they have at Memorial Stadium the first weekend in 2018.

It was a great game in a great atmosphere. Frankly I like that MC schedules these road trip games week one. Good for the program and good for me.

I have no issue playing Scotland again but would also love to go to some other spots. Shelby, Crest, Richmond, Dudley....think those matchups are what make HS football fun and also energizes your off season preperation. You think Scotland kids worked a bit harder knowing they had the Creek coming??? Of course they did.

Why would you play a huge gate endowment game when you have to give a percentage to NCHSAA?

Correct. That is not the reason schools pick an endowment game. Normally out of some type of necessity for one of the schools.

I would like to see us play the creek again or any other top 10 team in the state, win or Loose, those type of games do make you a better competive team. So far we have been tested in every way. We are looking good next year as well. One thing we do know is our coach will put any team on our schedule. When you play the Creek and WF type programs that leaves the door open for opportunity for other schools. 34 is going to have to take break, #10,4 will be continue there game somewhere else next year. The rest of the RB will be back next and playing this week until the end of the season. First hand look what’s coming back next year on Friday night. Good luck to all programs playing Friday night.

I know that the new carver AD is trying to get out of the East & West games. From the look of this thread he must have gotten out of the West game cause we played West during week 2.

I know that the new carver AD is trying to get out of the East & West games. From the look of this thread he must have gotten out of the West game cause we played West during week 2.

That is good for both schools. WSFCS should have never made those four smaller schools play the big ones. But my understanding was one of them complained about not getting a portion of the large gates.

Pssh... just like in Davidson county a decade ago. North didn't want to play East, West, or Central but they cried about not getting money. Then they cried when we'd stomp a mudhole in them. Make up your minds, or better yet just shut up...

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Really wish they wouldn’t have opened two new schools RIGHT next to Carver and open enrollment wasn’t allowed.

It pisses me off what the county did to my school.

Really wish they wouldn’t have opened two new schools RIGHT next to Carver and open enrollment wasn’t allowed.

It pisses me off what the county did to my school.
Is that what has happened to Carver ? I know that they have been pretty good but struggled last few years. I know 1 thing for sure that band and dance team at carver was freaking great !!!! Best I have seen went and watched them at Shelby a few years ago.

Is that what has happened to Carver ? I know that they have been pretty good but struggled last few years. I know 1 thing for sure that band and dance team at carver was freaking great !!!! Best I have seen went and watched them at Shelby a few years ago.

Yup. Built Atkins right down the road and Walkertown a few miles away. Forsyth county population didn’t warrant those schools being built. We should be 3A contenders every year.

And if you think the band is good now. It was amazing in the 2000s. They always put on a show.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
We just going to schedule Richmond every week want have to worry about losing again. You don't even know why it was scheduled like this just got to stir it up 69 points.

I have no dog in the fight but...

151117_LEX_emoji-oxford-dictionary-word-of-year.jpg.CROP.rectangle2-mediumsmall.jpg

tooooooooo funny

Reactions: sikner51
Forsyth don't forget they opened WS Prep too within a five mile radius of Carver!!! If those three schools weren't opened we would be 3AA contenders every year in football and basketball. But also in Winston the right coach can get it done. Just have to use open enrollment to your advantage!!!!

Reactions: ForsythCo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT