ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth (6-0) vs East Forsyth (6-0)

East is going to try a 47yd FG with 38 seconds left to tie! Snow is burning timeouts to ICE him

I’m surprised by the score. Where was the defense?

No , EF playing with there QB on one leg and I believe 3rd string RB as Marshall went out on 2nd play of 2nd half

West terrible against the run. Bad tackling, catching blocks, zero depth on defense.

West was too physical, they beat East up! They were dropping! That game was not as close as the score indicates! Coach Snow or his punter opened the door with the dumb fake punt on their own 29yd line with a 34-17 lead that ignited East comeback! West was crushed on Special Teams

Being back home in Winston Salem was a great feeling.

So let's get started. Both of these Defenses are terrible. The End.

#1 for West got what he wanted, when he wanted it. West doesn't really throw the ball because they don't need (against the competition they've played so far) to. #1 gets the ball and he's picking up 4-7 yards a carry or he's breaking down field. East really capitalized off of mistakes to bring the game close and take the lead in the 4th for a brief second. But a discipline West offense and they were right back running the ball down East throat. That kid is flying under the radar, I think he could be a great college running back. He kind of reminds me of Javon Leake from Page. #4 was great as well.

As far as East offense goes, they were able to pretty much do what they wanted to as well, when they weren't turning the ball over or if the coaches weren't deviating from what was working. Seriously a few drives in this game had me questioning East offensive coordinator. That last drive was also ridiculous. East had some pretty big injuries during this game. #4 the QB got injured early in the game and he was hobbling all night, and #1 Marshall messed up his shoulder and was out from the beginning of the second half. But even then, East put themselves in the position to win the game, the play calling was just terrible and their defense can't stop a bloody nose.

As far as playoff implications, East is going to be in the 4A, so they'll have an easier road. But they really need to fix that defense. The run game has been available against them since 2015.

West on the other hand is going to be in some trouble with their defense. I know East has an explosive offense, but even with their backup RBs, they were able to move at will as well.

Overall a very fun game, but both teams have a lot of work to do.

West was too physical, they beat East up! They were dropping! That game was not as close to score! Coach Snow or his punter opened the door with the dumb fake punt on their own 29yd line with a 34-17 lead that ignited comeback!

At first it wasn't. I really thought West was going to run away with it. But they came back and was actually leading at one point without their star RB.

The game was close.

I was wrong, in August. I picked East Forsyth to win the conference and repeat as 4-A Champions. I was wrong, it’s not going to happen. I did pick West to win this game by 1pt....

Gutty game by EF. Marshall goes down they could have folded the tents but they hung in with a offense that was down to maybe 3 or 4 plays all out of the Wildcat. EF plays hard..

West's Oline is as advertised and both backs are very good. Wilson is dynamite. QB has just enough to give you some 2nd thoughts but they are all about running the ball. The fake punt damn near cost them the game. Just awful decision that swung the momentum.

Really think West got lucky here. At least a 10 point swing on the fumble return which was because the kid clearly wasnt used to taking direct snaps.

Whale of a game. Great atmosphere....I have been to The Nest about 4 times now and have seen some great games.

Both teams played good defense at times but way too inconsistent. Both need to shore that up big time if they're going to make a deep run in the playoffs.

West O line opened huge holes all night. And they did just enough with the pass to keep the D honest. If a team can slow down their run, West O could be in trouble, but it will take a very special D to do so. Those 2 backs are impressive.

East O had to basically draw it up in the dirt after losing Marshall and Lyles playing on one leg. That mishandled snap was a killer. Hard to blame the kid when he's never been in that position until tonight. Got to give the guys credit, they were definitely on the ropes down 17 on 2 different occasions in the 3rd quarter, but they just kept battling.

Great game, great atmosphere! Everything you could ask for in a rivalry game! Good luck to the Titans the rest of the way.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Gutty game by EF. Marshall goes down they could have folded the tents but they hung in with a offense that was down to maybe 3 or 4 plays all out of the Wildcat. EF plays hard..

West's Oline is as advertised and both backs are very good. Wilson is dynamite. QB has just enough to give you some 2nd thoughts but they are all about running the ball. The fake punt damn near cost them the game. Just awful decision that swung the momentum.

Really think West got lucky here. At least a 10 point swing on the fumble return which was because the kid clearly wasnt used to taking direct snaps.

Whale of a game. Great atmosphere....I have been to The Nest about 4 times now and have seen some great games.

Having seen the Charlotte big boys and the Forsyth teams now, what's your thoughts on how they match up?

Both teams played good defense at times

Eh. Both teams got breaks I would say. I can’t really say East truly stopped the run game. West penalties and that ridiculous fake punt they tried kept them from scoring a couple times.

Having seen the Charlotte big boys and the Forsyth teams now, what's your thoughts on how they match up?

Anything I say will always be percieved as being a homer. I think a healthy EF team probably wins tonight. In 4a they could win again depending on the matchup.

4aa is just a different animal especially in the West. Everytime I see WF I think the same thing. They are typically very good on one side of the ball and very average on the other. 2013 I thought they were very good on defense and just average on offense. This year the opposite. I have no way of knowing how they would handle an elite passing attack like Myers Park, Richmond or Creek. I know they would have a real issue dealing with MC upfront. Also the WF special teams arent great.

I have only seen one team in 10 years run the ball on MC and win...that was 2017 Wake Forest and they were elite on defense and special teams....that game was 0-0 into the 4th. That includes Zamir, Quavaris Crouch, Elijah Hood, Christian Beal, Bryce Love etc,etc.....maybe WF could do it. I wouldnt bet $$ on it.

Anything I say will always be percieved as being a homer. I think a healthy EF team probably wins tonight. In 4a they could win again depending on the matchup.

4aa is just a different animal especially in the West. Everytime I see WF I think the same thing. They are typically very good on one side of the ball and very average on the other. 2013 I thought they were very good on defense and just average on offense. This year the opposite. I have no way of knowing how they would handle an elite passing attack like Myers Park, Richmond or Creek. I know they would have a real issue dealing with MC upfront. Also the WF special teams arent great.

I have only seen one team in 10 years run the ball on MC and win...that was 2017 Wake Forest and they were elite on defense and special teams....that game was 0-0 into the 4th. That includes Zamir, Quavaris Crouch, Elijah Hood, Christian Beal, Bryce Love etc,etc.....maybe WF could do it. I wouldnt bet $$ on it.

You seem pretty objective so just interested to hear your perspective. Without a lot of matchups between Charlotte and Triad teams, it's hard to know for sure if a team is for real or just a product of playing weaker competition.

East is definitely lacking the playmaking wideouts from last year. Losing the 2 seniors and Crowell being out leaves a huge hole there. They're much more dependent on the run game and QB to work his magic, which leaves them constantly playing against a stacked box. The D is great when teams have to pass, but is not built to go toe to toe all night against a high level running game.

Not saying they can't figure it out, but East is by no means the prohibitive favorite in 4A like last year. Looks like they'll be on the road at some point in November now as conference title is out the window. 4 more games to tighten up and make another run. Love their fight tonight!!

No disrespect but wf has no one like the kids you mentioned. You know that and everyone else does. You are talking about elite 4 and 5 star backs. Wf is plenty good but the best two teams in 4aa are mallard creek and richmond. Vance is right there as well but they have to help that monster defense out when they face equal talent. Myers Park time is coming. Rc defense is good enough to make key stops

Richmond and Mallard Creek would both score fifty on both East and West. Think East may match up better due to more overall team speed.

MC’s trio of RBs would run up and down the field on both teams. Absolutely terrible tackling. Could not believe the yards after contact East picked up.

WF’s Wilson is an absolute stud but he is not putting up big numbers against Mallard Creek going up the middle. WF would put numbers up against Richmond but could not keep up with them. Richmond QB Hood would run wild against both defenses.

I want to see Richmond v Vance and MC v Myers Park in the regional semifinals. Can WF break that up?

Last edited:
Richmond and Mallard Creek would both score fifty on both East and West. Think East may match up better due to more overall team speed.

MC’s trio of RBs would run up and down the field on both teams. Absolutely terrible ya joking. Could not believe the yards after contact East picked up.

WF’s Wilson is an absolute stud but he is not putting up big numbers against Mallard Creek going up the middle. WF would put numbers up against Richmond but could not keep up with them. Richmond QB Hood would run wild against both defenses.

I want to see Richmond v Vance and MC v Myers Park in the regional semifinals. Can WF break that up?
B no one is breaking that up as long as each of those teams don't meet before the semis. Too much of everything for each of them. I want to see mc vs Richmond that is the game!

Last edited:
You seem pretty objective so just interested to hear your perspective. Without a lot of matchups between Charlotte and Triad teams, it's hard to know for sure if a team is for real or just a product of playing weaker competition.

East is definitely lacking the playmaking wideouts from last year. Losing the 2 seniors and Crowell being out leaves a huge hole there. They're much more dependent on the run game and QB to work his magic, which leaves them constantly playing against a stacked box. The D is great when teams have to pass, but is not built to go toe to toe all night against a high level running game.

Not saying they can't figure it out, but East is by no means the prohibitive favorite in 4A like last year. Looks like they'll be on the road at some point in November now as conference title is out the window. 4 more games to tighten up and make another run. Love their fight tonight!!

All depends on health and matchups but I am not 100% sure there not the favorite in the West. I agree, they are a tough bunch. Sad some of their fans weren't the same. There was a run for the exit after the fumble return. They missed a hell of a game. :)

No disrespect but wf has no one like the kids you mentioned. You know that and everyone else does. You are talking about elite 4 and 5 star backs. Wf is plenty good but the best two teams in 4aa are mallard creek and richmond. Vance is right there as well but they have to help that monster defense out when they face equal talent. Myers Park time is coming. Rc defense is good enough to make key stops

Mac, he is not in that category which was my point but he is the next step down. Probably better than Beal. He is only 185lbs so you can get him on ground but he runs very violent and gets to top end in 2 or 3 steps. They use him in alot of ways. In the slot, swing passes, bubbles.

West Oline and running game would be a war against MC and Vance. Fun to watch. The issue for WF is the other side. Dline stands straight up, never got push and LBs and DBs are smallish and not physical tacklers. As Btango said they would go up and down field on West.

MC’s trio of RBs would run up and down the field on both teams. Absolutely terrible ya joking. Could not believe the yards after contact East picked up.

The quick answer is no ( havent seen Richmond) . Could they beat a healthy Butler? Worthy would grind out alot of yards on them.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT