ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth (6-0) vs East Forsyth (6-0)

Do you guys believe EF will be able to handle WF in the trenches? They're huge. Grimsley was able to put up 316 yards rushing against EF

From what I hear, West OL is stout and East has struggled against teams who could run right at them (Scotland, Grimsley) and control the clock. East D is stronger against the pass when they can get after the quarterback and the DB's can fly around and make plays. That's how most games end up once the O gets a decent lead. Friday's game with Grimsley looked to be headed that direction but East shot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers (again). Then Grimsley hung around, the Eagle D was on the field more than normal, and before you knew it the game was about to be tied up. But, when their backs were against the wall they bowed up and made the plays needed to win. I mean once they got the onside kick, who didn't expect Nora to run right over them and score again? But East stuffed the run two straight plays and then the pass rush slammed the door.

I think you'll see 4 quarters of focus and effort this Friday, which unfortunately doesn't happen often because East is usually up huge by halftime. The Grimsley game was really good for these kids. The West running game is very good but I don't think they can run it down east throats like many are thinking. West backs are not that style. West will move the chains but it'll be play action or misdirection set up by the run game that will be the difference in my opinion.

These teams know each other so well. They'll take away what they want to do and force each other to go to their 2nd and 3rd option. Who can manage that the best takes this one. First one to 21 wins. I'm going with the hometown Eagles.

Reactions: nepsy7 and Veejay4
I'm so sorry my man. A guy said something about expecting EF would win the State this year. I made a commit about Vance possibly going small 4A and giving their defense the 10 star rating and shutting out their offense. My Goodness it's a high school football board? I didn't see the ATRISK! stating conversation is only limited to WF vs EF. I thought it made for great conversation. Let me let you get back to the game.

Do you guys believe EF will be able to handle WF in the trenches? They're huge. Grimsley was able to put up 316 yards rushing against EF

Lol. Neps you're good with me. Glad you can give it and take it. I really think people are blowing up EF all of a sudden after a close game with a team that's better than we expected.

West gonna try to shove it down like they've done everyone else. They very well could but to neutralize that we need to jump on them and force them out of that "3 yards and a cloud of dust".

If their O is what we've heard it'll get interesting if we go up a couple scores. If we struggle O wise and our D gotta win it then we could be in some trouble.

I'm not saying West can't win but we got dudes talking about a 20 point victory almost.

Don't see it. You blessing us with your presence in KVille Friday or no?

Reactions: nepsy7
From what I hear, West OL is stout and East has struggled against teams who could run right at them (Scotland, Grimsley) and control the clock. East D is stronger against the pass when they can get after the quarterback and the DB's can fly around and make plays. That's how most games end up once the O gets a decent lead. Friday's game with Grimsley looked to be headed that direction but East shot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers (again). Then Grimsley hung around, the Eagle D was on the field more than normal, and before you knew it the game was about to be tied up. But, when their backs were against the wall they bowed up and made the plays needed to win. I mean once they got the onside kick, who didn't expect Nora to run right over them and score again? But East stuffed the run two straight plays and then the pass rush slammed the door.

I think you'll see 4 quarters of focus and effort this Friday, which unfortunately doesn't happen often because East is usually up huge by halftime. The Grimsley game was really good for these kids. The West running game is very good but I don't think they can run it down east throats like many are thinking. West backs are not that style. West will move the chains but it'll be play action or misdirection set up by the run game that will be the difference in my opinion.

These teams know each other so well. They'll take away what they want to do and force each other to go to their 2nd and 3rd option. Who can manage that the best takes this one. First one to 21 wins. I'm going with the hometown Eagles.

About as spot on as I've heard. Hope it goes like you said.

Reactions: nepsy7
About as spot on as I've heard. Hope it goes like you said.
As much as we'd like to think otherwise, these are still teenage kids, yes even the ones who play for Vance and the creek. And they are susceptible to letting off the gas and lack of concentration from time to time. Maybe even looking past an opponent every now and then no matter how hard coaches preach against it. No one on either side will be looking past this Friday. I can guarantee that!

Reactions: Veejay4
Now you wonder how Charlotte teams end up in the comment section? Said absolutely nothing about Mallard Creek. But you found away?
Ground game was not effective against the Creek 106 yards rushing against The Creek and 202 in the Air was pretty good.

So back to my original question. Grimsley had a lot of success on the ground against EF. Watching both teams Grimsley and WF. I believe WF is much more explosive on the ground. How do you think EF will be able to handle their ground game? It's a question, not an argument.

No I used that example to support my argument. Nothing at all against Creek but you made an hypothesis based off a belief Vance has a superior D and HAPPEN to be from Charlotte (imagine that).

What I referenced fit like a lego piece to what you said. We were supposed to get mauled by Creek because of their D1 talented D. That's all we heard.

If you stay on course with what we're discussing my narrative fits. If you all veer of course and make it about Creek winning then that wasn't the bases for the comments.

Of course you all won't go off this time. I believe you can do it Neps!!

I would be front and center, but I have obligations at the Creek. This is going to be one hell of a game.

I think a lot West Forsyth hype comes from their destruction of a diminished Dudley squad to start the year off. Page is not a bad team but West's failure to get out of the 20s on offense is telling. They wont score 3 touchdowns against EF. They better stop the first option, Marshall, because when he is on, Lyles and #7 will give you fits. 31-14 EF.

I think a lot West Forsyth hype comes from their destruction of a diminished Dudley squad to start the year off. Page is not a bad team but West's failure to get out of the 20s on offense is telling. They wont score 3 touchdowns against EF. They better stop the first option, Marshall, because when he is on, Lyles and #7 will give you fits. 31-14 EF.
Thank youuu, WF hype is only there cause of their thrashing of Dudley, I’ve seen those two big boys for Dudley, they’re no way near better than the 2 interior DT at EF, #99 and #19 can go for all 4 Qtrs and it’s very rare they are just gonna let somebody run threw there gaps. Then add #5 and #18 on the ends it may be a long night for WF if there oline can’t handle EF dline...

Thank youuu, WF hype is only there cause of their thrashing of Dudley, I’ve seen those two big boys for Dudley, they’re no way near better than the 2 interior DT at EF, #99 and #19 can go for all 4 Qtrs and it’s very rare they are just gonna let somebody run threw there gaps. Then add #5 and #18 on the ends it may be a long night for WF if there oline can’t handle EF dline...

So do you believe WF OL is better than Grimsley's OL?

I would be front and center, but I have obligations at the Creek. This is going to be one hell of a game.

Understand that totally.

They're not listening.

Yes I do 100% but I also believe East front 4 will have a way better game against WF then they had against Grimsley

West OL size is definitely factor. An even bigger factor is while Grimsleys line may not be quite as big EF won't be tasked with having to key both the QB along with RB.

The defense can play a lot faster this Friday than they did the last. It will be a difference in line size absolutely but it will also be a difference in schematics that may favor EF defensively.

WF QB just doesn't pose the same threat as Grimsleys did. That's make a world of difference.

West OL size is definitely factor. An even bigger factor is while Grimsleys line may not be quite as big EF won't be tasked with having to key both the QB along with RB.

The defense can play a lot faster this Friday than they did the last. It will be a difference in line size absolutely but it will also be a difference in schematics that may favor EF defensively.

WF QB just doesn't pose the same threat as Grimsleys did. That's make a world of difference.
As an outsider looking in EF has trouble with the run. I know nothing about WF but I have seen EF play twice and each time they have been whipped up front. So I don't care if GRANDMA SALLY is back there if the holes are as big as they were last week and in the state championship game they will still have that problem. By no stretch was SC oline all that and the qb's were not a major factor in run so there has to be something else going on. EF is playing with dynamite if they continue to give up big yardage on the ground. I'm sure they are more concerned about their play than what WF brings. A lot of times it's more about what you do or don't than what the other team does. Hope this game is on HSOT sounds its the game of the year outside of MC and Vance thus far.

This game might be the game in the state this week. And this game has replaced Parkland vs Carver as the must see game in the county. I know both teams and coaches and fan bases. Both coaches have won a ton of games the past decade or so and will both look forward to this game(even though they will not publicly admit it). If this is Vegas you give East a slight advantage due to home field but after that its anyones ball game. East is the Champ they have the winning big game mentality. West is loaded and has a team that the Clemmons faithful feel is the best they have had in years. So I say its too close to call East by 1 Now back to hudl

Well, we’ll see. I have no reason to believe they would hold East to 0 point. Honestly that just ridiculous to think.
The Vance is D is definitely legit. I wouldn't be surprised if they did hold East to 0, and I'm not a Vance guy.

Same argument we heard in '15 when Creek came to town that we (EF) hadn't seen a D like theirs. I believed we moved the ball just a little against the mighty Creek.

That's how your argument sounds.
I'll give EF credit. They are a scrappy team and can give many teams fits.

As an outsider looking in EF has trouble with the run. I know nothing about WF but I have seen EF play twice and each time they have been whipped up front. So I don't care if GRANDMA SALLY is back there if the holes are as big as they were last week and in the state championship game they will still have that problem. By no stretch was SC oline all that and the qb's were not a major factor in run so there has to be something else going on. EF is playing with dynamite if they continue to give up big yardage on the ground. I'm sure they are more concerned about their play than what WF brings. A lot of times it's more about what you do or don't than what the other team does. Hope this game is on HSOT sounds its the game of the year outside of MC and Vance thus far.
Unfortunately HSOT isn't streaming this game.

Unfortunately HSOT isn't streaming this game.

Would've thought otherwise. No different than the local station that's been broadcasting games this year somehow chose Dudley vs Smith to broadcast this Friday night.

They had to have a prearranged schedule. Dudley vs Smith used to be worth the price of admission but it's been fairly one sided lately.

Would've thought otherwise. No different than the local station that's been broadcasting games this year somehow chose Dudley vs Smith to broadcast this Friday night.

They had to have a prearranged schedule. Dudley vs Smith used to be worth the price of admission but it's been fairly one sided lately.

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. I think this is the best game in the state Fri

Nick Stevens over at HSOT stated that Winston-Salem Forsyth County schools don't allow livestreaming. That's why the game isn't being covered.

It won’t matter if it’s live-streamed or not, this game is going to be so packed you’ll have live updates on about every play every second lol

Great link below on this week game by the Winston Salem Journal:

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/h...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Little Tidbit:
The last time East Forsyth lost in “The Nest” was to West Forsyth October 6th 2017.
This is a good article. I'm serious when I say what I'm about to say. If East wins, their great reward is county bragging rights, the inside track to the CPC title and another deep run in the playoffs.

Poor old West Forsyth, if they win, their reward is the same except they get to go the 4AA west.

Should be a great game.

I'm hearing West Forsyth is really jacked for this one! If East can't slow down the run this week against a better team this one is going to get ugly. Whoever is calling plays for EF better give Marshall the ball 25 times because they have to keep the EF defense fresh against this ground and pound West Forsyth attack. I hate to say this but the more I watch these teams the more I see West as a clear cut favorite. Changing my prediction. West dominates

WEST - 38
EAST - 17

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I'm hearing West Forsyth is really jacked for this one! If East can't slow down the run this week against a better team this one is going to get ugly. Whoever is calling plays for EF better give Marshall the ball 25 times because they have to keep the EF defense fresh against this ground and pound West Forsyth attack. I hate to say this but the more I watch these teams the more I see West as a clear cut favorite. Changing my prediction. West dominates

WEST - 38
EAST - 17
West can’t play off emotion the whole game. Emotion can also cause mistakes.

Like I said big game in the state. And that is true about both teams the one thing about West Forsyth is they will be in the west 4AA bracket. That feeling has to be like the feeling a new inmate has on the HBO show OZ, but this might be their best team under Snow so who knows

Nick Stevens over at HSOT stated that Winston-Salem Forsyth County schools don't allow livestreaming. That's why the game isn't being covered.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know but def not surprised considering it's Forsyth Co.

WEST - 38
EAST - 17

Coming from you I feel even better about our chances. Was it the 7 on 7 film you saw or no?

According to 247Sports The Tarheels are now showing interest in West Forsyth 3 star ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ RB G’Mone Wilson. I think G’mone is definitely faster than Grimsley’s RB Nora. A very physical RB as well and he’s a true 5’11 185lbs, compared to a bigger Nora. The West O-Line is so big with those 6”5, 6’6 monsters along with a 6’6 QB it makes him look short. He is NOT a short RB. He is much more physical than people think.

Last edited:

WEST - 38
EAST - 17
My man did you just say WF dominates??? Until proven otherwise EF is the best team in the triad in all divisions , they’re riding a 21 game win streak and they know that they didn’t play well last week so do you really think there just finna give this game away to WF , heck’s no they’re finna buckle down and show WF that they’re the big boys in town and WF rushing game is good but the rb for WF is nowhere near better then the Grimsley rb...

WEST - 38
EAST - 17

They were jacked last year too at home. Again emotion goes so far. So now emotion and your 7 on 7 film study got you picking WF.

WEST - 38
EAST - 17

My man did you just say WF dominates??? Until proven otherwise EF is the best team in the triad in all divisions , they’re riding a 21 game win streak and they know that they didn’t play well last week so do you really think there just finna give this game away to WF , heck’s no they’re finna buckle down and show WF that they’re the big boys in town and WF rushing game is good but the rb for WF is nowhere near better then the Grimsley rb...
Still not listening.

Feels to me like people are overplaying the close Grimsley game some. EF got up early and as 17 year olds often will do especially against a team who has really been a non-factor for years they shifted down.

Lot of talk about WF run game and big Oline but I think it will be more about the WF defense............EF offense gets up a score or two and it will be interesting to see how patient WF will be with pounding it or if they will get out of what they want to do.

I also read a decent amount WF penalties. How the Refs call a pretty intense rivalry game will be a big deal. 80-20 run to pass teams cant afford to get off schedule and 2nd and 15 is a much different series than 2nd and 4. Gonna guess EF will get 8 in the box and try and force WF out of what they want to do.

Feels to me like people are overplaying the close Grimsley game some. EF got up early and as 17 year olds often will do especially against a team who has really been a non-factor for years they shifted down.

Lot of talk about WF run game and big Oline but I think it will be more about the WF defense............EF offense gets up a score or two and it will be interesting to see how patient WF will be with pounding it or if they will get out of what they want to do.

I also read a decent amount WF penalties. How the Refs call a pretty intense rivalry game will be a big deal. 80-20 run to pass teams cant afford to get off schedule and 2nd and 15 is a much different series than 2nd and 4. Gonna guess EF will get 8 in the box and try and force WF out of what they want to do.
Oh I agree,
That is the scariest thing for West Forsyth! How will the defense react to East QB Lyles! He’s a State Champion QB MVP. This guy is fire when he’s on his game; seems to always get 3rd down and makes huge plays in crucial situations. That’s the one category where EAST has a decisive edge.
Now, West QB Ferguson has thrown a TD every game, he completed 9 of 13 last week, so they will mix it up! West has two nice WR’s... Ferguson has to play really good to win.
Coach Snow does not call the plays anymore and it seems to be a positive. West finally has a RB who’s not beat up going into this game like the past few years. G’Mone only carried it 8 times for a 133yds last week. Those days when Bobby Clark & Darion Slade, who were beat down by game 6 hopefully are over.

Last edited:
I recall a ton of flags last year in Clemmons. Hope the refs will let the kids just play, get into a rhythm.

Looking forward to this one more than any regular season game in a long time. East is less experienced than last year but still on the state title short list. West appears to have their best team in years. Been plenty of close games but can't recall a matchup where both were playing at such a high level coming in. Stadium will be rocking, kids will be jacked! Nothing better, let's go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Warhead1
Coming from you I feel even better about our chances. Was it the 7 on 7 film you saw or no?
RELAX! I've been watching Football in this State for years. I just call them like I see them. I picked West to win the CPC back in June and I'm sticking by my pick. East struggles with the run this year and this is the best West Forsyth team they have had in the last 10 years in my mind so with that evidence why would I not pick West?

Everyone keeps cracking on me about the 7v7 comments okay haha. This was my point. I knew the West running game would be unbelievable this season with those MONSTERS up front and one of the top 3 RBs in the Triad in my mind in #1. When I saw that West could throw the ball too unlike years past I thought they were now a very dangerous team. I'm not saying West has the best passing game in the State or even in this game. I give that edge to East QB #4 but when I saw that they could complete balls down field on obvious passing situations and have the best Oline in the Triad thats what I based my pick off of.

Now for my pick. East Forsyth was exposed last week. If the Eagles don't clean up the mistakes in the run game on defense and West can get in 3rd and 2 all night East Forsyth is in trouble. I see that happening more than last week. Not trying to offend anyone just saying what I think. If they come out and prove me wrong I will be here to say I was wrong but until then West is still number 1 in the conference this year. East Forsyth is smaller at LB this year than last and West is much bigger up front than last. Hoping for a great game! See you guys tomorrow night!

Reactions: CPC4LIFE and nepsy7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT