ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth (6-0) vs East Forsyth (6-0)

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
This game in my mind is the most anticipated East v West game since the 2015 playoffs. Thoughts & predictions?

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
East by 14 at home. Won't have the QB worries with Grimsley we had last week. D should be able to get after it a little more.

Have already been told to get to the gates early. At East you're let in at 6 as opposed to Grimsley where for some odd reason they're gates didnt open until 20-25 after 6. I still might be early on that time.

East by 14 at home. Won't have the QB worries with Grimsley we had last week. D should be able to get after it a little more.

Have already been told to get to the gates early. At East you're let in at 6 as opposed to Grimsley where for some odd reason they're gates didnt open until 20-25 after 6. I still might be early on that time.

Most definitely get there early. This game is going to be packed. I usually park where the buses exit by the stop sign. It says no parking, but that clearly only during school hours. Gotta have an exit plan at East lol.

The East Forsyth offense better show up ready to score points. If this is a 21-17 type of a game West Forsyth wins! I honestly think that East Forsyth loses by 17 points. West Forsyth running game is legit and if East cant stop the run they're in big trouble. West has waited an entire offseason for this game. West wins the CPC Friday Night

This game comes down to WF OLine vs EF Dline. WF has big time recruits on their oline, while EF has under the radar guys on their dline but they are still top quality players . If the East dline can stop the run game East wins, while if west oline can dominate the trenches west wins.....

This game comes down to WF OLine vs EF Dline. WF has big time recruits on their oline, while EF has under the radar guys on their dline but they are still top quality players . If the East dline can stop the run game East wins, while if west oline can dominate the trenches west wins.....

Who are the big time recruits on WF line?

This is going to be standing room only; a jammed packed Eagles Nest! I picked East to repeat as State Champs, I think West wins this by 1pt... but East Forsyth goes on to win the State 4-A Title.

Reactions: Veejay4
This is going to be standing room only; a jammed packed Eagles Nest! I picked East to repeat as State Champs, I think West wins this by 1pt... but East Forsyth goes on to win the State 4-A Title.

If Vance goes 4A and plays EF, I predict EF will have a donut on the score board at the end of the game.

Just like they were supposed to beat Page in 2016 too huh?
Nope! It depends on who you were talking to? They didn’t have 8 or 9 FBS guys flying around on the defensive side of the ball either. If you’re not used to playing a defense like theirs, a week would not be enough time to prepare.

Nope! It depends on who you were talking to? They didn’t have 8 or 9 FBS guys flying around on the defensive side of the ball either.

Well, we’ll see. I have no reason to believe they would hold East to 0 point. Honestly that just ridiculous to think.

Last edited:
well we’ll see. I have no reason to believe they would hold East to 0 point. Honestly that just ridiculous to think.

You only put 21 against Grimsley, so that's about right. I'll give them 7 points max.

If you havent had a chance to see this years Vance defense you should really take a look. One of the best I have seen.

Also imagine saying that after we just witnessed Charlotte Catholic get beat to a pulp by Weddington after playing two other private schools in very close games.

Also imagine saying that after we just witnessed Charlotte Catholic get beat to a pulp by Weddington after playing two other private schools in very close games.

CC has nothing remotely close to immolating what Vance has on defense. ‍♂️ I don’t know if they make the cut for 4 A, but if they did? They would be my pick & I would have no problem eating crow, if they didn’t bring home the Ship! They would be a huge mountain for EF.

Not sure I follow?

CC has nothing remotely close to immolating what Vance has on defense. ‍♂️ I don’t know if they make the cut for 4 A, but if they did? They would be my pick & I would have no problem eating crow, if they didn’t bring home the Ship! They would be a huge mountain for EF.

My point is this. Every game is different. To say that Vance would leave East with 0 points on the board is just baseless speculation. I’m drawing comparison to CC because most people thought their defense would contain Weddington, but that was no where near the case.

I’m not comparing Vance to CC. I’m using them as a scale reference.

My point is this. Every game is different. To say that Vance would leave East with 0 points on the board is just baseless speculation. I’m drawing comparison to CC because most people thought their defense would contain Weddington, but that was no where near the case.

I’m not comparing Vance to CC. I’m using them as a scale reference.

I get that! But you’re using your reference in regards to a team with 0 FBS guys on defense to 8 or 9 with Vance. You saying EF is going to repeat is the same as me speculating Vance would hold them to zero points. They’re both just opinions.

I get that! But you’re using your reference in regards to a team with 0 FBS guys on defense to 8 or 9 with Vance. You saying EF is going to repeat is the same as me speculating Vance would hold them to zero points. They’re both just opinions.

okay. Who on the team is an FBS caliber player besides Power? Not even joking, I just want names.

Most definitely get there early. This game is going to be packed. I usually park where the buses exit by the stop sign. It says no parking, but that clearly only during school hours. Gotta have an exit plan at East lol.

Our traffic is terrible there. I usually get there about 6 let my son run around some with the team before they warmup.

okay. Who on the team is an FBS caliber player besides Power? Not even joking, I just want names.
Stephen Sings: WDE, VTech commit
Marqui Lowery Jr: CB, App State commit
Stefon Thompson: LB, Syracuse commit (This year, the best player on defense)
Solomon Sutton: LB, numerous FBS offers
Donta Armstrong: DE,TE UNCC commit
Jahlik Cooper: DB, 4 FBS offers
Power Echols: LB, 4 star
Kaseem Vauls: DL, 2021 FBS offers

Reactions: KGillie91
If Vance goes 4A and plays EF, I predict EF will have a donut on the score board at the end of the game.

I predict Vance would too and were going into overtime. There offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

Had some close folks went to the Creek vs Vance game and let's just say Vance O is nothing to write home about either.

Somehow again we just don't want to leave all that is Charlotte out of the conversation.

My Goodness! Is it in the contract somewhere we gotta mention (Plug In Charlotte School) when we're just trying to hype up our rival on here.

What... we ...tell ....you ....about "if" from the other post (popping hand with ruler).

Last edited:
Stephen Sings: WDE, VTech commit
Marqui Lowery Jr: CB, App State commit
Stefon Thompson: LB, Syracuse commit (This year, the best player on defense)
Solomon Sutton: LB, numerous FBS offers
Donta Armstrong: DE,TE UNCC commit
Jahlik Cooper: DB, 4 FBS offers
Power Echols: LB, 4 star
Kaseem Vauls: DL, 2021 FBS offers

Solid group of young men. They still not holding EF to zero. Honestly, they’re not blowing East out either. Absolute worst, you see an East/Butler type game.

I predict Vance would too and were going into overtime. There offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

Had some close folks went to the Creek vs Vance game and let's just say Vance O is nothing to write home about either.

Somehow again we just don't want to leave all that is Charlotte out of the conversation.

My Goodness! Is it in the contract somewhere we gotta mention (Plug In Charlotte School) when we're just trying to hype up our rival on here.

I'm so sorry my man. A guy said something about expecting EF would win the State this year. I made a commit about Vance possibly going small 4A and giving their defense the 10 star rating and shutting out their offense. My Goodness it's a high school football board? I didn't see the ATRISK! stating conversation is only limited to WF vs EF. I thought it made for great conversation. Let me let you get back to the game.

Do you guys believe EF will be able to handle WF in the trenches? They're huge. Grimsley was able to put up 316 yards rushing against EF

The East Forsyth offense better show up ready to score points. If this is a 21-17 type of a game West Forsyth wins! I honestly think that East Forsyth loses by 17 points. West Forsyth running game is legit and if East cant stop the run they're in big trouble. West has waited an entire offseason for this game. West wins the CPC Friday Night

Considering you're the same person that based CPC predictions off 7 on 7 then I'm encouraged as an EF follower.

Grimsleys O is more versatile than West from a schematics standpoint. West QB can't hurt us multiple ways like Grimsleys could.

No way West comes in and beats EF by 17 at the "crib" after putting up 21 against a lesser Page team that we slaughtered. Our D is just a tad better than Pages.

I'll be the first to tip my hat to you on here if that happens. Grimsley is a "game" team and someone I don't want to see in the playoffs. I expect some good football but 17 point win?

Nope! It depends on who you were talking to? They didn’t have 8 or 9 FBS guys flying around on the defensive side of the ball either. If you’re not used to playing a defense like theirs, a week would not be enough time to prepare.

Same argument we heard in '15 when Creek came to town that we (EF) hadn't seen a D like theirs. I believed we moved the ball just a little against the mighty Creek.

That's how your argument sounds.

Same argument we heard in '15 when Creek came to town that we (EF) hadn't seen a D like theirs. I believed we moved the ball just a little against the mighty Creek.

That's how your argument sounds.

Now you wonder how Charlotte teams end up in the comment section? Said absolutely nothing about Mallard Creek. But you found away?
Ground game was not effective against the Creek 106 yards rushing against The Creek and 202 in the Air was pretty good.

So back to my original question. Grimsley had a lot of success on the ground against EF. Watching both teams Grimsley and WF. I believe WF is much more explosive on the ground. How do you think EF will be able to handle their ground game? It's a question, not an argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT