ADVERTISEMENT

West Craven at Ayden-Grifton

Ayden-Grifton been out with Covid. Will this be a factor?
I don't think they were out with covid technically because if they were they would not be clear to play friday night. My understanding is that they had 3 maybe 4 players that either tested positive or were caught up in contact tracing. They didn't pull out of their game with James Kenan. James Kenan refused to play them is what I heard. The ice is thin under this game right now. Both Ayden and West Craven have a lot of students in quarantine. As it stands we are good to go. We shall see.

Reactions: UNC91 and Hon Dines
Probably so. West Craven was out earlier. When they came back, the first game they were not as sharp and run out of gas in the 4th quarter.
Our game last Friday against Havelock was their first game after covid protocol and almost 2 weeks out. It affected Havelock also. Still I know it was our best game so far this season. Even though we lost 27-14 2 of their scores were on busted plays we made. We had 4 starters out and had guys on special teams for the first time. We drove down and scored and then kicked off to Havelock and they run it back for a td to go up 7-6. Later we turned the ball over on downs at the 10 yard line and Havelock on 1st and 10 get's a 90 yard td pass play. Corner was expecting help from the safety and didn't get it. So those 2 plays were huge mistakes for us. I thought our offensive line looked good against Havelock but certainly Havelock was affected by the layoff. I don't think they are as dominate as in years past. Will be interesting to see how they play New Bern. New Bern looks to be a top team in the East in 4A.

I don't think they were out with covid technically because if they were they would not be clear to play friday night. My understanding is that they had 3 maybe 4 players that either tested positive or were caught up in contact tracing. They didn't pull out of their game with James Kenan. James Kenan refused to play them is what I heard. The ice is thin under this game right now. Both Ayden and West Craven have a lot of students in quarantine. As it stands we are good to go. We shall see.
You heard wrong, AG called off the game Thursday night, why, we don't know. But JK was ready and willing to play.

You heard wrong, AG called off the game Thursday night, why, we don't know. But JK was ready and willing to play.
I hope they don't wait till Friday to do the same to us. If they had covid last week there is no way they can play this week. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
I was afraid they would wait till today to cancel and they did. At first I was pissed then one of the coaches explained that Pitt county is different than Craven. They don't quarantine the whole team. Just the sick players and contact tracing players. Craven shuts the whole team down. So Ayden has been fighting this battle all week and don't have the players to compete in conf play. I don't blame them. I'm on to SWO to watch them and the Bulldogs clash.

I was afraid they would wait till today to cancel and they did. At first I was pissed then one of the coaches explained that Pitt county is different than Craven. They don't quarantine the whole team. Just the sick players and contact tracing players. Craven shuts the whole team down. So Ayden has been fighting this battle all week and don't have the players to compete in conf play. I don't blame them. I'm on to SWO to watch them and the Bulldogs clash.
They did us the same way, but they had to know beforehand that they wouldn't be able to play.

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT