ADVERTISEMENT

West Columbus vs Alleghany

Looking at their roster they are not big. West does
have some speed,size is not that important
if u have speed and strength. Should be good
game. Good luck WC.

Sparta will be a very cold environment up there in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Early forecast...snow and temps in the 20s. Alleghany is big upfront on the lines. #36 Hampton is one of the toughest players in the league. It should definitely be a clash between different styles.

DeanA Sparta not in the MOUNTAINS IS IT. I THOUGHT
it right on NC VA line off 77.

Sparta is 30 minutes past elkin up the mountain. If Alleghany plays as bad as they did Friday WC will win easily. But hey a win is a win. I will be making the trip this week and I hope the good Alleghany shows up that played Ashe county tough shows up not the one that barely beat bishop mcguinness. Go Trojans!

Alleghany is about 2000 feet higher in elevation than Elkin. If you thought it was cold along the creek bank at Elkin, just wait until you get to Sparta!

Funny thing about this game is that neither team has a reliable extra point kicker. So whomever makes their 2 point conversions could be the difference in this ballgame.

A notable West Columbus Alumni: Otis Nixon: Atlanta Braves early 90s along with several other major league teams.

Also Reggie Singletary of Phil. Eagles.
Ottis brother Donnell played in World Series
with Sanfransisco giants.

They really could beat this team this week. If WC could get by this week,looks good against either team next week. If you have 2good athletes in small 1A u can go
a long way.

From what I've seen, Alleghany should win this game by 10-14. They had two td's called back against Bishop, and were inside the 5 twice and came away with no points. That game should have been put away at halftime. If Alleghany can punch it in when they have their chances, this game won't be close IMO. I think West Columbus resembles East Wilkes, they just got the better of Elkin at the right time, EW could only do it for one half. Alleghany has been two completely different teams at times this year, if they start clicking like they have at times throughout the year, they quite possibly could be sitting in the 4th round.

Originally posted by gotoblueg:
DeanA Sparta not in the MOUNTAINS IS IT. I THOUGHT
it right on NC VA line off 77.
Gotoblueg, Sparta is definitely in the mountains.The elevation is nearly three thousand feet. It's mountainous like West Jefferson and Boone and has similar weather. It's near the Virginia line but Mt.Airy is near I-77. Sparta is west of there.
smile.r191677.gif

Good golly! Alleghany gut stomps the Vikings of WEST Columbus. 63 to 6 final. Jake Hampton with over 300 yards. South hung tough and converted like 6 out of 8 4th and long. #9 and a few others really skilled, the Vikings compiled a lot of yards, but couldnt cash in. They started getting flustered & had several penalties & goof-ups. Trojans keep this up & who knows what can happen?

This post was edited on 11/22 5:19 AM by Junglejimk

U mean West Columbus,not south. Why does a team get
Beat this bad after half time score 22-6.
Must have just quit second half. Safe trip
back home Vikings.

Halftime was 30-6, Alleghany showed what they can do, simple as that. Proud of my baby brother Jake Hampton.

The real West Columbus showed up last night. They won
4 games this year,1 more than last. It won't get any
Better for years to come. Not being negative just the
truth about this program period. It starts at the very
Top of Administration. Proud of the game these kids did
win this year.

Originally posted by gotoblueg:
The real West Columbus showed up last night. They won
4 games this year,1 more than last. It won't get any
Better for years to come. Not being negative just the
truth about this program period. It starts at the very
Top of Administration. Proud of the game these kids did