ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell playing 3a with 1a numbers.

From what I hear he isn't happy down there, I hear Lincolnton wants him but I hear he wants the west job he would have his work cut out for him at either spot
I must admit he is my pick for the job. May be the homer in me but I'd say Lincolnton is the better situation, but he would succeed at either. I hope West can finally get some stability, those folks have been through a lot up there in Gamewell.

But is he the right fit for either school? I know he is a great coach, but this would be his 4th different school in how many years? Both these schools need a long term commitment not a short term stepping stone. Just my opinion guys it seems someone at the assistant level that was hungry and would build consistency might work better.. At least maybe for west

But is he the right fit for either school? I know he is a great coach, but this would be his 4th different school in how many years? Both these schools need a long term commitment not a short term stepping stone. Just my opinion guys it seems someone at the assistant level that was hungry and would build consistency might work better.. At least maybe for west
I get it. I think C English is a prime example. A solid assistant from a strong school

From a community standpoint Glass would be a favorite. He knows the area very well....

Sure I agree but lincolnton may be the better pick right now. Lincoln county is growing and only going to continue to expand. Caldwell county. Not so much

Lincolnton is a job that you take for the long haul, not a stepping stone job. He is my pick for it but we dont typically hire outside the Lincolnton "family". Coach Gibson was the first coach we have had that wasn't from Lincolnton I believe so there is some hesitation to go that route again. I have heard that he is very interested in the job and the feeling is mutual. We will not hire someone that isn't committed to being here 10+ years imo.

I can understand Lincolnton job, which it needs its own thread on the 2a board. But I really do not understand how West Caldwell get this much talking. What are you all offering? Is this a 12 month job? How many classes will you have to teach? Are ALL the athletes in the weight class doing the day? These are some of the things that are going to be needed for some of these unrealistic expectations the community is living in the past.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT