ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell HS Boys Basketball Coach job opening?

WC will get a quality coach, one way or another, IMO. The D1 college assistant that has been offered the job would be a tremendous hire, one of the best in the state. Of course when you have a strong tradition of basketball like the Warriors have had, they've got options I'm sure, options that your average Western NC team wouldn't have a chance at, again IMO.

Reactions: icardcav3
icardcav3 Well they have not named a coach and it's the end of the week so do you know what is going on.

That bunch out there could not make the hire that they needed happen.They have made West Caldwell the doormat of the county in most athletics,as long as the Warriors are under the administration they are under they are doomed. I hope they get a good coach but I don't think it will happen. And by the way icardcav3 I don't think they can make a good hire.

The problem is the whole school board is ran by hibriten people they will not go out of their way to help west Caldwell. If Billy's wife could have got a job he would be here but like I said it's hibriten ran. If he was interested in going to hibriten they would find her a job. But this time it's not west Caldwell's fault. Just hope they make the right choice and don't go down the same road as last time with are young inexperienced guy, this group of kids needs someone with a back bone not a push over.

The problem is the whole school board is ran by hibriten people they will not go out of their way to help west Caldwell. If Billy's wife could have got a job he would be here but like I said it's hibriten ran. If he was interested in going to hibriten they would find her a job. But this time it's not west Caldwell's fault. Just hope they make the right choice and don't go down the same road as last time with are young inexperienced guy, this group of kids needs someone with a back bone not a push over.
That's a load of crap you want to blame the Hibriten people because the bunch out at West can't get the job done. Hibriten has just out smarted the administration at West in everything, at least they are smart enough to get coaches that are in it for the long haul. maybe we can switch principal's and AD's with them:p

I have no idea who you are talking about, but negative comments listing people’s names are not needed.

Carry on otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not mistaken you yourself said something about the principal by name, and it was negative

Last edited:
I edited both of your post, do not post negative things using coaches or administrators names.

Yes I have been told that the principal's out at West are the problem and I'm going to make sure that the new Superintendent know's what is going on out there.

That would be great cause that one man has destroyed everything from running coach A off to hiring a terrible replacement so on so forth. The way the students act inside the school is awful so I hope something is done. The one guy that needs to be at West is at collectsville right now.

I have watched this thread for some time now and it’s so funny that the state of your basketball program is being blamed and thrown at multiple parties. 1) I’m tired of hearing that the school admin ran Coach Anderson off. Coach Anderson was in his second stint back at the school and knew the cupboard was running dry decided to get out who can blame him for that every coach in America does that. Coach Anderson is great coach and will be in someone’s hall of fame with over 650+ wins in his career. 2) The next coach that you said was a horrible hire after coach A won his share fare of games and had a good stint. Was Coach Lyerly the #1 choice probably not at the time nobody else wanted the job and Lyerly was the only option. Young coaches need support and with your administration at the time not being the most athletic minded group they weren’t going to be a patient because you had stability the last 25 years with coach Anderson. Other factors aside. Coach Lyerly must be decent because he is a Freedom now and They named him the interim head coach on the girls side while the girls coach was out on maternity leave, and they went 23-5 won a conference title and conference tournament title. And by the way blasted WC girls by about 50 at West. 3) The gamewell community and people are chasing this Billy Anderson ghost. He never will be the coach at West Caldwell. East Carteret is a gold mine with athletes. Why would you leave the beach? West Caldwell has just had a string of unfortunate events occur that has led to shakeups in the basketball program. Still a good place to coach i would assume. But sooner or later you folks will have to wake up and realize that nothing remains the same and things happen. The things of 20 years ago are gone. And sooner the people realize this, the better off West Caldwell may be....

I have watched this thread for some time now and it’s so funny that the state of your basketball program is being blamed and thrown at multiple parties. 1) I’m tired of hearing that the school admin ran Coach Anderson off. Coach Anderson was in his second stint back at the school and knew the cupboard was running dry decided to get out who can blame him for that every coach in America does that. Coach Anderson is great coach and will be in someone’s hall of fame with over 650+ wins in his career. 2) The next coach that you said was a horrible hire after coach A won his share fare of games and had a good stint. Was Coach Lyerly the #1 choice probably not at the time nobody else wanted the job and Lyerly was the only option. Young coaches need support and with your administration at the time not being the most athletic minded group they weren’t going to be a patient because you had stability the last 25 years with coach Anderson. Other factors aside. Coach Lyerly must be decent because he is a Freedom now and They named him the interim head coach on the girls side while the girls coach was out on maternity leave, and they went 23-5 won a conference title and conference tournament title. And by the way blasted WC girls by about 50 at West. 3) The gamewell community and people are chasing this Billy Anderson ghost. He never will be the coach at West Caldwell. East Carteret is a gold mine with athletes. Why would you leave the beach? West Caldwell has just had a string of unfortunate events occur that has led to shakeups in the basketball program. Still a good place to coach i would assume. But sooner or later you folks will have to wake up and realize that nothing remains the same and things happen. The things of 20 years ago are gone. And sooner the people realize this, the better off West Caldwell may be....
Lol coach A didn't leave west for any of those reasons u listed. He left cause of a poor principal at West and he wasn't getting the same respect he had gotten for all the years prior. Antonio did a good job is what u said how many games did u attend? The players coached their self's the players were the boss. Never in the history of west Caldwell basketball was a player allowed to quit the team multiple times like they did with Antonio. And lastly Billy 100% wants to come back but unfortunately no one up here can pay his wife what she deserves.

Lol coach A didn't leave west for any of those reasons u listed. He left cause of a poor principal at West and he wasn't getting the same respect he had gotten for all the years prior. Antonio did a good job is what u said how many games did u attend? The players coached their self's the players were the boss. Never in the history of west Caldwell basketball was a player allowed to quit the team multiple times like they did with Antonio. And lastly Billy 100% wants to come back but unfortunately no one up here can pay his wife what she

It tells you that something is bad wrong at a school with the success that the basketball program, that coach A built into one of the most respected and successful programs around can't get a coach.

So what is going on out at West, can that AD not get a coach. With the success of the basketball program you would think he would have a lot to choose from.

What choice ?sounds like to me it’s a bunch of hopes and wishes for your basketball program. Heard football numbers are not good out there either. With Hibriten winning a state championship in football you are probably looking at a major shift of your athletes going a couple miles up the road.

You can't blame them for going to Hibriten when all your athletic programs are terrible who want's to be a part of it. Looks like maybe Keller has started to take the basketball talent and we know the football talent has moved to the other side of town. It is very sad what has happened at West. I think West needs a new AD who can take the athletics off life support. ;)

You can't blame them for going to Hibriten when all your athletic programs are terrible who want's to be a part of it. Looks like maybe Keller has started to take the basketball talent and we know the football talent has moved to the other side of town. It is very sad what has happened at West. I think West needs a new AD who can take the athletics off life support. ;)
Its carma for all the gamewell morons who wanted coach A gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT