ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

icardcav3 Jesse Beane is going to coach this year and then a new coach is coming next year, that makes know sense. So tell me who's coming

Icardcav3, you are dead wrong on the 3 returning starters, all pre season publications, both news topic and daily record had 9 defensive starters returning. Even WBTV said they had 7 back on offense and 9 on defense. I don't know if anyone quit or got kicked off the team. The defense looked fine against 8-1 North Rowan and pitched a shutout in week one and then something happened. I'm telling you, Holman was not a good hire, period! With what was returning this football team should be much better. Also I agree that Danny Anderson played a very big role in the downfall of WC football, telling his players not to play football and concentrate only on basketball. And hiring some coaches along the way that shouldn't coach even on the middle school level. Chip English put a foundation back in place and all the sudden you're seeing just how fast a foundation can crumble!

Still a horrible defense, the talent is there, just can't understand the 38 ppg they give up. Players seem out of position constantly on defense. Offensively they are a good team and Taye Dula has become a beast with tha Rock (298 yds tonight). It just seems that the defense has no leadership and are plagued with blown coverages kids not playing assignment football. Even if the defense improved to only allow 20 ppg they'd be a very dangerous team in the playoffs

Two of Freedom scores came from west fumbles one picked up and ran for a touchdown and the other led to a score, and one of Freedoms score's was a surprise Brooks getting beat deep. By far this is the best this defense has looked all year. And this West team kept fighting with some hard hits on defense as well.

Also I think maybe this is the first week coach Holman was in charge of that defense, with the way they hit and stayed pumped up the whole game.

Not knocking the offense nor the victory but Freedom still finished with 425 yards total offense. Not sugar coating here, defense still not very good

Once again as I said, the offense was great! Defense played harder and hit hard but still was constantly out of position , especially in the secondary. I think at one point the Freedom QB was like 14 of 15 during one stretch. When it was all said and done it was who had the ball last would win. West scored with 18 seconds left

Icardcav3, you are dead wrong on the 3 returning starters, all pre season publications, both news topic and daily record had 9 defensive starters returning. Even WBTV said they had 7 back on offense and 9 on defense. I don't know if anyone quit or got kicked off the team. The defense looked fine against 8-1 North Rowan and pitched a shutout in week one and then something happened. I'm telling you, Holman was not a good hire, period! With what was returning this football team should be much better. Also I agree that Danny Anderson played a very big role in the downfall of WC football, telling his players not to play football and concentrate only on basketball. And hiring some coaches along the way that shouldn't coach even on the middle school level. Chip English put a foundation back in place and all the sudden you're seeing just how fast a foundation can crumble!
Since u know so much name the returning players. I will name the ones that are not out there. Tucker, Davison, kuncle, fielder,All to graduation. Richardson ineligible, Horton moved away, Kaleb Dula plays QB .

icardcav3 Jesse Beane is going to coach this year and then a new coach is coming next year, that makes know sense. So tell me who's coming
Makes great since hire with in the school someone that will willing step down to bring in the one u wanted to bring in this year. A Anderson will be back at the helm so enough

WEST CALDWELL

Head Coach: DeVore Hollman (1st year as West Caldwell football coach/22-21 overall).

2016 Record (Conference): 10-3 (6-1 in the Southern District 7 (SD7)).

2017 Conference: Northwestern 3A/4A conference (3A).

Returning Starters: 16 (8 offense; 8 defense).

Returning Lettermen: 20

Key Returning Starters: Isaiah Helms, Jr., OL/DL (6-4, 260); Dalton Stepps, Sr., OL/DL (6-4, 290); Taye Dula, Sr., LB/RB/Slot (5-11, 200); Elijah Brooks, Sr., WR/DB (5-9, 165); Kaleb Dula, Sr., QB/DB (5-11, 165); Jeremy Boyce, Sr., DE/RB (5-11, 190); Jadakiss Hendrix, Sr., WR/LB (5-10, 170); Will Gause, Jr., HB/LB (6-1, 205).

Key Newcomers: N/A.

Outlook: The Warriors enjoyed one of their best seasons in recent history, going 10-3, tied atop the SD7 standings with Lincolnton. This year, they have a new challenge in the Northwestern 3A/4A conference. But with 16 starters back, West Caldwell has a lot of reasons – led by senior playmakers, RB Jeremy Boyce (1,488 yards rushing, 15 touchdowns), WR/DB Elijah Brooks (786 yards receiving; four interceptions), QB/DB Kaleb Dula (four interceptions) – to be a major factor in the league race and into the 3A state playoffs.

Copied from the charlotte observer!!!

WEST CALDWELL

Head Coach: DeVore Hollman (1st year as West Caldwell football coach/22-21 overall).

2016 Record (Conference): 10-3 (6-1 in the Southern District 7 (SD7)).

2017 Conference: Northwestern 3A/4A conference (3A).

Returning Starters: 16 (8 offense; 8 defense).

Returning Lettermen: 20

Key Returning Starters: Isaiah Helms, Jr., OL/DL (6-4, 260); Dalton Stepps, Sr., OL/DL (6-4, 290); Taye Dula, Sr., LB/RB/Slot (5-11, 200); Elijah Brooks, Sr., WR/DB (5-9, 165); Kaleb Dula, Sr., QB/DB (5-11, 165); Jeremy Boyce, Sr., DE/RB (5-11, 190); Jadakiss Hendrix, Sr., WR/LB (5-10, 170); Will Gause, Jr., HB/LB (6-1, 205).

Key Newcomers: N/A.

Outlook: The Warriors enjoyed one of their best seasons in recent history, going 10-3, tied atop the SD7 standings with Lincolnton. This year, they have a new challenge in the Northwestern 3A/4A conference. But with 16 starters back, West Caldwell has a lot of reasons – led by senior playmakers, RB Jeremy Boyce (1,488 yards rushing, 15 touchdowns), WR/DB Elijah Brooks (786 yards receiving; four interceptions), QB/DB Kaleb Dula (four interceptions) – to be a major factor in the league race and into the 3A state playoffs.

Copied from the charlotte observer!!!
That can say what it wants Kaleb Dula don't play defense so that whole article is no good.

Icardcav3, check it for yourself

Caldwell County high school football previews | Charlotte Observer
Charlotte Observer › article159443684

Helms and stepps didn't play defense last year Taye played very little Jada Hendrix just now got healthy

Yeah, whatever! The best football in WC history was 1987. The QB was Russell Gibson whom also was starting safety

Icardcav3, check it for yourself

Caldwell County high school football previews | Charlotte Observer
Charlotte Observer › article159443684
If your a true warrior fan and came to the games last year u would know who the kids are and u would know not very many returned

They most certainly did play defense last year, boy you don't know what your talking about. You just mad because I called out your lie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT