ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

TarHeel_Gregg

Oct 11, 2014
Just wondering, and bewildered,...... A team with 9 starters back from a 10-3 conference champion and after 8 games giving up 38.1 points per game. They have a coach whom has at least 20 years experience as a defensive coach before being a head coach! Just scratching my head here! A program that got a quick shot in the arm and placed back on the map in football will soon be back to 0-11 season's. It's sad that Chip English worked so hard to make Warrior football competitive again just to see the sky fall. True the Warriors are 5-3. All 5 wins were against weak opponents and surrendering 42 points to South Caldwell, OMG!.... if you through out the season opening shutout of East Burke, the Warriors are giving up 43.6 ppg.

Alot of things haven't went the warriors way this year unfortunately. The head coach has been battling some health issues since the summer, I have been critical on the warriors as well but once u set back and look at the whole picture it makes since. The debt is at all time low which if u look around the state all the numbers are down, they have been hit with the injury bug since week 1 and a couple suspensions. But for the Warriors the battle begins after this year losing 20 seniors to be replaced by a winless jv team and with a winless middle school program. But on the bright the future for basketball is looking up with the hire of Jesse Beane he will bring back the warrior tradition that has been missing the last 2 years.

May have lost a lot of seniors but if I was hearing correctly, at the beginning of the season they had 17 returning starters , 9 defensive and 8 on offense. The feeding system may be down, both middle school and jv but I saw some lean years in those programs during the biggerstaff era but coach Big still developed players! I don't know, saying let's wait for basketball sucks. Football is your revenue sport and is what people talk about on the HS level.
I Love my Tar Heels but I'd wish also that they'd get a quality coach and become a contender in football. UNC also has issues with coaching. I know in 80's and 90's, especially when Biggerstaff was at WC, the Warriors were prominent. Now Hibriten is there prominent football power in the county. The WC program got tore down with coaches like Buzz Sims, Mark Buffamoyer, Mike Setzer any many other bad hires were brought in. A good coach builds a program and he builds it from the ground up, gets community involved, gets feeder programs stronger to develop the younger kids coming up and teaches discipline, fundamentals and installs the winning attitude. I just don't know......... I know you have to figure in the coaches health but damn, his assistants must be horrible!

Reactions: beamer24
All the assistant coaches are offense minded as u can tell in all the scoring the coach that is running the defense is horrible everyone sees that. But in reality the defense on returned like 4 starters should have been more one kid moved to Hawaii another was academically ineligible one is the starting QB another has been injured all season. It's it's just a totally different having the coach they have now instead of Reeves he got the best out of the kids. Fact of it is Titus meant so much to the program and u didn't really see it until now. Same thing happened after the graduation of Darren Dula in 2003. But hopefully we will get someone at the middle school to teach our kids how to play football and then once they get to west it will be much easier. That y Hibriten is so good cause they have good coaches at every level and the kids are game ready by the time they get to high school.

As much as I was glad that our Red Tornadoes won the game, it reminded me of an Arena Football game on grass. Neither team played good defense, but West Caldwell, other than their punt team played so much better than HHS with special team play.

the demographics of west caldwell's district have changed a lot over the last 10 to 15 years. Futbol and not Football is the sport a lot of these kids grow up to play. I don't say that as a negative or with any malice, but the statistics show it.

Reactions: icardcav3
I don't want to say anything bad about Danny Anderson because he built a great basketball program at West, but he is the reason the football program got to where it was.

Hibriten has built a great football program with a coaching staff that has stayed together. And with that kids have left West and went to the Panther's and you can't blame them for that. Hibriten still has to take the next step but with that weak conference they play in may come back to haunt them.

Reactions: beamer24
Coach A always gets the blame for football but that's not the case football won from 93 to 02 with him there. The true story to what happened to west football is the community wanted styron out and they got him out and after that a bunch of terrible hires lead to terrible football. Everybody says coach A stopped kids from playing football but that isn't true, I can name many of good basketball players that played football

icardcav3 you said all the assistant coache's are offense minded, I sure agree with that because that's the worse defense I think I have ever seen.

icardcav3 you said all the assistant coache's are offense minded, I sure agree with that because that's the worse defense I think I have ever seen.
The defense is really bad this year but after further thinking they only have 3 returning starters on D this year

Coach A always gets the blame for football but that's not the case football won from 93 to 02 with him there. The true story to what happened to west football is the community wanted styron out and they got him out and after that a bunch of terrible hires lead to terrible football. Everybody says coach A stopped kids from playing football but that isn't true, I can name many of good basketball players that played football
Coach A should get the blame because he made the bad hires and as for stopping kids from playing football he didn't do that but he advised against them playing.

Ok so what if he did I can promise u not one of them players they didn't play football would have made much of a difference. A couple basketball players isn't going to make an 0-11 team that much better. U should put the blame on coach buff for running the Thornton kid off to hibriten and then after him they just kept going over there and good recruiting by monty.

Ok so what if he did I can promise u not one of them players they didn't play football would have made much of a difference. A couple basketball players isn't going to make an 0-11 team that much better. U should put the blame on coach buff for running the Thornton kid off to hibriten and then after him they just kept going over there and good recruiting by monty.
who hired coach Buff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard they kept going over there because if Cannon would leave the basketball players alone Anderson would leave the football players alone

The AD isn't the only one who hires the principal and the hiring committee have a say so

I heard they kept going over there because if Cannon would leave the basketball players alone Anderson would leave the football players alone
Haha that's bull in 2010 HHS had way more talent in basketball then west. The big reason they went over there was cause Monty would promise them anything they wanted to get them over there

I guess it's coach A fault the middle School had 15 kids on the team today. The fact is it don't matter if chip would have stayed or not west would struggle over the next couple of years nobody is building the middle School program and if u dont have a feeder program then your high school program will pay for it.

I guess it's coach A fault the middle School had 15 kids on the team today. The fact is it don't matter if chip would have stayed or not west would struggle over the next couple of years nobody is building the middle School program and if u dont have a feeder program then your high school program will pay for it.
Nothing is coach A's fault now he's gone

I don't know who the blame will go to now but things will more than likely get ugly again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT