ADVERTISEMENT

West 1A scores round 2

Last score I heard on Murphy vs PLP Murphy was up 57 to 41 with 2 minutes left in game. Should be over niw

After 3 Qtr Greystone 33 Robbinsville 32. That's the last score I seen. I can't find anything on Cherokee & Mitchell girls. Cherokee boys lost in a close one

BOYS
Albemarle 58, Swain 50
WSP 95, Rosman 55
West Montgomery 68, Cherokee 67

Hayesville was up 44-40 on Avery with about 5 minutes left last I heard

Avery 64, Hayesville 54. Avery was up 50-49 with 1:20 left, so guessing they closed it out at the free throw line. Good playoff showing by Hayesville after an up and down regular season, and they are a very young team, so I think this indicates they will be tough next year.

Overall, looks like mbd hit the nail on the head a few weeks back when he said he didn't see any SMC boys teams making it out of the second round this year. Bit of a down year for the SMC, but a lot of young teams and I'm thinking Cherokee, Rosman, Hayesville, and maybe Murphy all going to be very good next year.

Avery 64, Hayesville 54. Avery was up 50-49 with 1:20 left, so guessing they closed it out at the free throw line. Good playoff showing by Hayesville after an up and down regular season, and they are a very young team, so I think this indicates they will be tough next year.

Overall, looks like mbd hit the nail on the head a few weeks back when he said he didn't see any SMC boys teams making it out of the second round this year. Bit of a down year for the SMC, but a lot of young teams and I'm thinking Cherokee, Rosman, Hayesville, and maybe Murphy all going to be very good next year.
Hayesville couldn't miss from 3. Avery is a 4 qtr team and continued to play through adversity early on to hang with them. At the end of the 1st they were up 20-16 with 15 of their 20 points being from 3. They ended up 13/29 from 3. Hopefully Puckett & Pritchard will be fresh and ready to play on Saturday.

Last edited:
Hayesville has a bright future ahead of them that's for sure. Does anyone know anything about Bishop? I'm sure Avery will need Puckett & Pritchard healthy for this one.

The WHC women are representing the conference well. Good luck to the remaining 3. Tough loss for Mitchell last night. Sounds like Mitchell had a shot for the win at the buzzer that went half way down and then rimmed out.

Hopefully Avery's guys will be healthy by Saturday. Good luck to All WHC teams.

Bishop can shoot the 3 ball....plays in a tough conference...will be a good one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT