ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 scores

Alleghany losing 14 to 0....can't cover a pass....gonna be a long night....I should have known after North Surry game...but I thought there would be some improvement since then.

Ive never said you wasn't but i didnt expect this early lead on riedsville. Keep it up.

Alleghany losing 14 to 0....can't cover a pass....gonna be a long night....I should have known after North Surry game...but I thought there would be some improvement since then.

I don't think Alleghany has ever been strong covering a passing game. If I was Lyons knowing what I was up against, I would have installed a straight blitz package and went after the QB all night.

Yeah well running up the middle is working for us well...but Lyons is determined to call sweeps and lose 5 yrds every carry.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Yeah well running up the middle is working for us well...but Lyons is determined to call sweeps and lose 5 yrds every carry.

Ground and pound. Control the clock. Sweeps don't work when you're overmatched by speed. One every now and then sure. Hit them where it hurts. 3 yards in a cloud of dust.

Reactions: KW23
amen can u be our coach? Haha

Sign me up. I feel Alleghany has struggled to build an offensive identity for years. Play mountain football. I think teams try to get too fancy. Run a solid triple option with the fullback being the feature back or a zone running game out of the I.

Reactions: KW23 and PUNTSTER
Elkin 15
Starmount 14

E Surry 21
Reidsville 14

N Wilkes 14
E Wilkes 14

Ashe 21
Alleghany 0

S Surry 0
W Stokes 6

Forbush 7