ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 The Mountain Conference Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Conference play starts this week and should have some interesting games. The Covid caveat applies of course but hopefully most of these games will be played.

Reynolds @ North Buncombe-Postponed/cancelled due to covid

Erwin @ Enka- To my knowledge this game is still on for this week. Erwin seems to be improving week by week and is coming off a big win over Brevard. The offense is starting to click and they could top Asheville for the 3A playoff spot in the conference. Enka is improved but coming off a tough loss to Madison.

Erwin 35
Enka 14

North Davidson @ Asheville- Asheville's tough non conference schedule continues. North Davidson has started off slow but is a solid team who has beaten Asheville badly in past games. This years game should be closer but I don't think Asheville will win this one.

North Davidson 34
Asheville 20

Roberson @ McDowell- Roberson has been a bit disappointing this season but they are changing their whole system from a spread passing attack to the triple option. The defense has been the bigger issue however. McDowell did not look very good despite winning a close game at winless Avery. This game should be a toss up.

McDowell 28
Roberson 27

Conference Power Rankings

1. Reynolds
2. Asheville
3. Erwin
4a. Roberson
4b. McDowell
6. Enka
7. North Buncombe

I’ll take…..

Erwin by 17
Asheville by 3 (Asheville is good, I trust their coach)
TC Roberson by 10

Really wish ACR/NB were playing, seems they will have to play on a Monday or something to get it in. I do find it odd that in college and pro if 1 person test positive he sits not the whole team, but in HS the whole team is punished, I don’t make the rules though, Buncombe County has some strict protocols for this.

I’ll take…..

Erwin by 17
Asheville by 3 (Asheville is good, I trust their coach)
TC Roberson by 10

Really wish ACR/NB were playing, seems they will have to play on a Monday or something to get it in. I do find it odd that in college and pro if 1 person test positive he sits not the whole team, but in HS the whole team is punished, I don’t make the rules though, Buncombe County has some strict protocols for this.I
According to CDC if the others on the team have been vaccinated they don't have to quarantine unless they show virus symptoms.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
McDowell played pretty well and pretty much dominated the game from start to finish. They need to do better in the red zone only going 2 for 5. I can't believe how down TC is. The triple option did not suit them at all.
I didn’t think that offense would suit them. That’s a tough one to implement in a few months like they tried from spring to fall this year.

First game Asheville has been healthy since Shelby jamboree. That’s also a good question since I know nothing about ND. I’ll say a little bit of both. 54-0 final
Glad to hear y’all are healthy again. Like to see Asheville back to where they belong. I assume your QB is back also? As for ND, they aren’t great, but I didn’t see this coming. Congrats!! See ya in a couple weeks!

McDowell played pretty well and pretty much dominated the game from start to finish. They need to do better in the red zone only going 2 for 5. I can't believe how down TC is. The triple option did not suit them at all.
Didn’t really look much like a triple option. More like the QB being a RB and looking for the hole and trying to bust through it. Some mis-direction handoffs thrown in as well.

I think we all know Reynolds and Asheville are the best 2 teams in the conference, the better question may be who is third?

Robbinsville will be much better next year. This year was suppose to be a down year. Some locals thought we would go 3-7 or 4-6. In 2023we should be really good.
Asheville should have backup line that's better than our starters with that many kids.
Asheville has more kids in high school than Robbinsville has K-12.
Robbinsville also plays both ways with 80% of our kids.

Can't wait to see the cougar stadium in person.
Hope we pick up Roberson next year.

I know we are playing NB on Monday but I’m not taking anything for granted. We will still have several starters missing this week due to protocol. Not sure yet if they will be available on Friday for the Enka game.

Last edited:
I wish we had another conference game this Friday but we get to play a very talented Chase team. Hopefully they will prepare us for the speed of Erwin, Asheville and Reynolds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT