ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 scores

Hard to play against such an unorganized team. Kind of sad for LC. They have done very good athletes. They showed that at Robbinsville and sounds like they did at Murphy as well. They self destruct from lack of discipline. If they had the fundamentals and right attitudes they could play with anybody in the SMC.

Absolutely. They have athletes all over the field but the disorganization and lack of discipline kills them. I don't even know how many penalties they had for 12 men on the field. One of their TDs came from 12 that the refs didn't catch. The coaches couldn't help but run their mouths which accounted for several UC calls and at one point I was fully expecting the refs to call it.

However, on the field I saw a lot of good sportsmanship as well. Helping our players up, pats on the back, etc. After the game their players even came over and joined our guys in prayer. I think they have some good kids and wish them the best going forward.

Hard to play against such an unorganized team. Kind of sad for LC. They have some very good athletes. They showed that at Robbinsville and sounds like they did at Murphy as well. They self destruct from lack of discipline. If they had the fundamentals and right attitudes they could play with anybody in the SMC.
They would dominate the SMC with the right coach. Teach those guys some fundamentals and some no nonsense discipline they would be a handful. Funny story, while playing for Coach Colvin my senior year while scoring one of my few career touchdowns I got humbled! I was on my way to the end zone one Friday night against Andrews, at the 5 yard line I started pointing my finger at the defender who wasn’t going to get there in time, I crossed the goal line and handed the defender the ball. On the way to the sideline I heard coach Colvin yelling at me, I thought it was for some instruction on the kickoff but boy was I wrong! I got 10 feet away from him and he started pointing at the bench, I was confused and said coach i don’t understand, he said “ let me show you I can point too, now sit down over there and point all you want to because we don’t do that #^**}{%# stuff on the field “ I sat there the rest of the night. I apologized to him after the game and he said I was apologizing to the wrong person, I should apologize to the young man from andrews ( which I did) he said champions are champions on and off the field. Thanks coach Colvin for all you did for our program, truly an honor to play for you !!!!!

Murphy Fans: I feel your pain this morning..
Life Christian Academy definitely leaves a bitter taste in your mouth on Saturday morning..I didn't even want to ever go to another football game again after they left Graham County.

That team had to of had over 200 yards in penalties last night. They could be awesome with some discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT