ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Swain @ Starmount

Originally posted by gal durnit:
Really? Don't even start. You guys played a great game with a senior dominated team against a bunch of sophomores and juniors without out 2 best players. Kinda the way we smashed y'all in the mouth last year with our seniors. Starmount was the better team tonight without a doubt but don't make it more than what it was. Good luck to y'all.
That sounds a lot like making excuses and complaining to me. When your team is beat 42 to 14 in the 4th round, do you actually expect the other teams fans to not brag a little?

Ramfan are you an idiot? We beat y'all just as bad and gave nothing but props for the Rams. We knew we manhandled a young rams team. You guys took your lumps last year and came back strong this year and did beat guys who were playing JVs or subbing in for the most part last year. We were young. We had one captain who didn't play at all and one who didn't play the 2nd half. Those aren't excuses. Those are facts. I also said we would have needed everyone we had at full strength to give ourselves a chance against a heck of a Starmount squad. That means even if we were full strength it would have been difficult for us to win that game. That means you guys had the better team. An excuse would be, the only reason y'all won was because of blah blah blah. What I said is in fact the complete opposite of that. And to your final point. Why would you brag about winning against us like that? It ain't like y'all thumped a powerhouse version. Y'all were better. We were better the previous year. Take a lesson from your players, coaches, and fans like Deanna and act like you have been here before. I mean you haven't been here as many times as we have or you don't hold the series lead over us but you still should be proud of playing in the title. Those are more facts by the way. Enjoy.

Ramfan are you an idiot? We beat y'all just as bad and gave nothing but props for the Rams. We knew we manhandled a young rams team. You guys took your lumps last year and came back strong this year and did beat guys who were playing JVs or subbing in for the most part last year. We were young. We had one captain who didn't play at all and one who didn't play the 2nd half. Those aren't excuses. Those are facts. I also said we would have needed everyone we had at full strength to give ourselves a chance against a heck of a Starmount squad. That means even if we were full strength it would have been difficult for us to win that game. That means you guys had the better team. An excuse would be, the only reason y'all won was because of blah blah blah. What I said is in fact the complete opposite of that. And to your final point. Why would you brag about winning against us like that? It ain't like y'all thumped a powerhouse version. Y'all were better. We were better the previous year. Take a lesson from your players, coaches, and fans like Deanna and act like you have been here before. I mean you haven't been here as many times as we have or you don't hold the series lead over us but you still should be proud of playing in the title. Those are more facts by the way. Enjoy.
+1

Just let them revel Gadurnit. No harm in that. They did beat us like a red headed stepchild after all. Having all our starters up to 100% would not have changed the outcome (much) either and they will represent the west way better than we could this year.

I was impressed with the few minutes of subs and the Beaner kid. Hopefully we will be in on these boards having more discussions like this for the next several Decembers.

It was a bad night for us vs a great game for them. Its hard for me to fathom how the Rams lost to Mt. Airy and also took a tail whipping shutout from Elkin???

Hopefully, Starmount is playing at their best and will stay there through next week.

Quote: Jungleimk
I decided to wait a couple days to see who gloated, who whined, who trash-talked, and who made excuses before commenting on this game. Thankfully, theres not a whole lot of any of that going on. I dont mind getting a little smack talk thrown back at us after a beat-down like we took Friday. The Rams completely dominated us in all phases of the game. The only way we got on the boards against their 1st string was with a "trick" play. With that play excepted, the Starmount "D" played as if they knew exactly what play we were going to run every time. The Ram offense had their way with us by coming quick off the snap and using lots of lateral movement that forced our defense to hesitate, (does the motion man have it-wait- here come two more backs - do they have it or did the QB keep it) once we hesitated, it was too late, good blocking and quick footed-hard nosed ball carrying Punched it into our secondary and beyond time after time. #11 and #24 displayed some awesome running.

The Starmount team, fans, and community deserve to thump their chest a little if they want. But they are a great football community and they have their attention turned to next weekend. I wish them the best, I think if they play like this past Friday, they stand a good chance of bringing it all home.

As for my Devils, it was an awesome year, we accomplished a lot with what we had. We won a lot of good ones, put up a good fight with some great teams, and experienced two embarrassing defeats at the hands of Murphy and Starmount. Hopefully, the underclassmen will learn from these experiences and have the devils up another notch for next season. I would like to see us step up the discipline and sportsmanship and put and end to trash talk and showboating by our players, It wasnt really bad, but there was some, and even a little bit does not sit well with me or the character & traditions of the Maroon Devils program.

Junglejmk, that was the classiest post I have read all year. Swain will be back, because they are Swain and that is what they do. Sounds like the best team "this year" won. Congratulations to Starmount. Keep it in the West!

This post was edited on 12/7 10:21 PM by BigSkyCountry

This post was edited on 12/7 10:23 PM by BigSkyCountry

Originally posted by WMFootballFanatic:
Let him have his fun and enjoy it. He may not have even been alive the last time Starmount made it this deep
I just turned 70 two weeks ago.I had two boys that got rings in 98. At least I can post on here without name calling. Swain fans keep bringing up last year. What does last year have to do with anything. At least last year when we got mauled we did not get on here and complain about young or injured players. The Rams just took the beating and kept their mouth shut. The Rams did show your team smash mouth football this year, and if you can not accept your opponent bragging on their team, then you may not be as classy as you think.

I'll just go back and erase everything I have said. Unique fans. I've said I'm pulling for you. I've picked you to win on the other thread. I've defended against all the eastern teams that say we all suck here in the west, and I get attacked. Wow.

This post was edited on 12/8 11:07 AM by WMFootballFanatic

Folks...the game is over. Starmount won it big. i know how some feel...Starmount has heard for 2 weeks that they couldn't do it. They will hear it all this week as well. As a Ram, we win with class and lose with class. Let move on to focus on WRH!!

Ramfan, but y'all did talk about your youth a couple years ago and he only reason anyone brought up last year was because we didn't get on the boards acting like we beat a great Starmount team. You guys were anything but because y'all were young. We knew what we did. As you should know what you did. That was the point. Maybe it is too much for you to comprehend or over your head. One thing you got right was last year has nothing to do with this year and next year won't either and I pray we run into y'all in the playoffs so we can hear you whistling a different tune. You are the Starmount version of BK OBVIOUSLY. Deanna and the rest of the Starmount faithful I am pulling for you and your team. Ramfan I guess you just can't get through to some people. I'm done with this guy.

Okay gal.

Every time Robbinsville has ever beat Swain you guys say that swain was down. Come on man. You are the BK of Swain. lol.

BK,
When in the last 30 years have you guys lined up against an above average Swain team and won? Please don't ever compare me to you again. That will not only get you kicked off these boards, but you will be deported back to whatever planet you came from and forced to retake beginner math. By the way still waiting on your reply about the black knights being able to platoon on the line when you cracked on Myrphy for having a few guys who could play running back. Real 1a huh? Lol. Just ribbing ya BK.

While nobody will remember what you think but it will go down in history that in 2014 (1a) Robbinsville went to the title game while also beating 1aa Swain that went to the 4th round. Also beat a 10-4 Murphy team that beat a 1aa swain team that went to the 4th round. That is what folks will remember because that is the facts. Robbinsville never beating a good Swain team is what you say to make yourself sleep good at night. Rville beat swain 4 years in a row. Bad. Are you telling me Swain couldnt put a good team together in that span. 1aa Swain with the highest playoff win % in North Carolina? Not buying it.

Robbinsville had some bad years mid to late 90s and the first part of the 2000s with only a few good teams dotted here and there. But that is not the Robbinsville teams that you have seen for the last decacde.(5-5 vs Swain) It is different now. And yeah Swain will do good vs SMC teams. You should, swain has double the kids than the other schools. Oh and Rville took a 4th round 1aa swain team into overtime last year. Gift wraped that one for one. I guess you guys wasnt any good that year either.

When has Swain ever beat a good Rville team? Not average. lol. And you got twice the kids to pick from and another school. Well not now. I am just ribbing you. lol.

Thank you sir for calling me an idiot. now that did show just how classy you are. If you can't accept the fact that people are going to brag when their team beats a powerhouse (down or not) then maybe you should just take a break from these boards.

When you bring thes facts up over and over, it does sound like excuses. I will apologize to you for making that truthfull comment so you will be happy.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
While nobody will remember what you think but it will go down in history that in 2014 (1a) Robbinsville went to the title game while also beating 1aa Swain that went to the 4th round. Also beat a 10-4 Murphy team that beat a 1aa swain team that went to the 4th round. That is what folks will remember because that is the facts. Robbinsville never beating a good Swain team is what you say to make yourself sleep good at night. Rville beat swain 4 years in a row. Bad. Are you telling me Swain couldnt put a good team together in that span. 1aa Swain with the highest playoff win % in North Carolina? Not buying it.

Robbinsville had some bad years mid to late 90s and the first part of the 2000s with only a few good teams dotted here and there. But that is not the Robbinsville teams that you have seen for the last decacde.(5-5 vs Swain) It is different now. And yeah Swain will do good vs SMC teams. You should, swain has double the kids than the other schools. Oh and Rville took a 4th round 1aa swain team into overtime last year. Gift wraped that one for one. I guess you guys wasnt any good that year either.

When has Swain ever beat a good Rville team? Not average. lol. And you got twice the kids to pick from and another school. Well not now. I am just ribbing you. lol.
I honestly dont know what our records were the years you guys have beat us. I would wager they were not real good in relation to our standard teams. That is all I am saying. The years you brought up that you beat us 4 years in a row what was our records those years? I don't know but I am betting that is in the era starting in 2005 and yes we had some very down teams for a variety of reasons. You keep going to the 5-5 over the last decade. Like I said go back 30 years and tell me the record. You are 5-5 with four of those wins coming in a row over very poor Swain teams following the 2004 state title. We went through a 5 year stretch there that was as low as we could have gotten which makes our playoff win percentage even that much more impressive. We have been arguably the most consistent program in the 1A ranks since the 1980s, but that doesn't mean we haven't hit a couple of low stretches. You have said it yourself, it is hard for 1A teams to rebuild sometimes and talent comes in waves. It happens.

And now you do the same thing that you mocked Swain fans for saying you gift wrapped a win for us. Come on BK we all know you are the king of trying to have it both ways. According to you we didn't gift wrap yall anything but yet we force a turnover in overtime and we gift wraped it for yall. Makes alot of sense there. You also mocked Murphy for being able to list and play several guys at tailback and cried around saying a real 1A school couldn't do that. Then you get on here asking help with rememebering all your linemens' names because you guys have enough to platoon across the offensive and defensive lines. Really?! You can't keep calling out Swain and Murphy when we beat yall and say it is only cause of our numbers, and then when you beat us occassionally thump your chest and act like you beat the kings of the world when the facts are I would bet that the years you have beat us we have been in rebuilding mode and you guys have fielded some of your better teams. Simple question would you agree with that? Answer yes or no. Before you go into everything I am not disputing we have a higher enrollment. It should help us but you are holding on to the past to much. It aint the days of Philips and Jordan anymore and the split classifications have given you guys a chance once again. That makes this run by the current knights even that much more special IMO. I am pulling for the knights. I only have an issue with you trying to have it both ways in order for it to fit your argument at the time however irrational it might be.

Originally posted by ramfan1944:

Thank you sir for calling me an idiot. now that did show just how classy you are. If you can't accept the fact that people are going to brag when their team beats a powerhouse (down or not) then maybe you should just take a break from these boards.

When you bring thes facts up over and over, it does sound like excuses. I will apologize to you for making that truthfull comment so you will be happy.
Now facts are excuses? Interesting. That doesn't make me happy. That just confuses me. I am a simpleton though. Forgive me.

If I have learned nothing else in my two years here, I have learned this. You have to be very, very careful with what you say, how you say it, and where in the thread you say what you say when it gets really deep in the playoffs because emotions run very, very high. Deana made a post yesterday on the context of posting on a message board and no truer words have ever been spoken.

Really? Don't even start. You guys played a great game with a senior dominated team against a bunch of sophomores and juniors without out 2 best players. Kinda the way we smashed y'all in the mouth last year with our seniors. Starmount was the better team tonight without a doubt but don't make it more than what it was. Good luck to y'all.
That sounds a lot like making excuses and complaining to me. When your team is beat 42 to 14 in the 4th round, do you actually expect the other teams fans to not brag a little?
After what Swain did at Mt. Airy and Whiteville there is one thing that is crystal clear to me. Starmount definitely beat a better team this past Friday night than Swain beat last year in Starmount. Say what you will about being young and injured....I'm sure that's all true. But last years Ram team wouldn't have done what Swain did to get to the Western Regional final.

Pudge, the WM team you beat is better than the one that went to the finals last year in my opinion. You guys have as good a shot as anybody this weekend. You have a great team.

Originally posted by WMFootballFanatic:
Pudge, the WM team you beat is better than the one that went to the finals last year in my opinion. You guys have as good a shot as anybody this weekend. You have a great team.
Agree 100% that Starmount is a very strong team this year.

Originally posted by pudge1963:

After what Swain did at Mt. Airy and Whiteville there is one thing that is crystal clear to me. Starmount definitely beat a better team this past Friday night than Swain beat last year in Starmount. Say what you will about being young and injured....I'm sure that's all true. But last years Ram team wouldn't have done what Swain did to get to the Western Regional final.
Pudge the Swain team last year was light years better overall than this year's team, especially upfront and that is where we got beat and beat bad. That was the biggest difference in my opinion.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:

I honestly dont know what our records were the years you guys have beat us. I would wager they were not real good in relation to our standard teams. That is all I am saying. The years you brought up that you beat us 4 years in a row what was our records those years? I don't know but I am betting that is in the era starting in 2005 and yes we had some very down teams for a variety of reasons. You keep going to the 5-5 over the last decade. Like I said go back 30 years and tell me the record. You are 5-5 with four of those wins coming in a row over very poor Swain teams following the 2004 state title. We went through a 5 year stretch there that was as low as we could have gotten which makes our playoff win percentage even that much more impressive. We have been arguably the most consistent program in the 1A ranks since the 1980s, but that doesn't mean we haven't hit a couple of low stretches. You have said it yourself, it is hard for 1A teams to rebuild sometimes and talent comes in waves. It happens.

And now you do the same thing that you mocked Swain fans for saying you gift wrapped a win for us. Come on BK we all know you are the king of trying to have it both ways. According to you we didn't gift wrap yall anything but yet we force a turnover in overtime and we gift wraped it for yall. Makes alot of sense there. You also mocked Murphy for being able to list and play several guys at tailback and cried around saying a real 1A school couldn't do that. Then you get on here asking help with rememebering all your linemens' names because you guys have enough to platoon across the offensive and defensive lines. Really?! You can't keep calling out Swain and Murphy when we beat yall and say it is only cause of our numbers, and then when you beat us occassionally thump your chest and act like you beat the kings of the world when the facts are I would bet that the years you have beat us we have been in rebuilding mode and you guys have fielded some of your better teams. Simple question would you agree with that? Answer yes or no. Before you go into everything I am not disputing we have a higher enrollment. It should help us but you are holding on to the past to much. It aint the days of Philips and Jordan anymore and the split classifications have given you guys a chance once again. That makes this run by the current knights even that much more special IMO. I am pulling for the knights. I only have an issue with you trying to have it both ways in order for it to fit your argument at the time however irrational it might be.
Here you go.

recent years that We beat a good swain team.
2014 we be a 11-4 Swain team by 14 at your home field. Oh and you made it to the forth round of the 1aa playoffs. Thats one.
We didnt win in 2013 but it was worth a note. Swain won in overtime by 6. Swain was 12-3 and went to the 4th round of the 1aa playoff. Swain was 1st or 2nd in the SMC. Dont remember.
Robbinsville beat a 7-4 Swain team in 2010 by 25.
In 2009 Robbinsville beat Swain 39 to 00. A swain team that was 9-5 and SMC CO Champs. Swain lost in the 3rd round to Albemarle by one point. Albemarle went on to win the 1AA State title by alot. Would this also not be a good Swain team?

This years team was up and down and no where close to what we have been you got to admit that. The 09 team was horrible to start the year when we played y'all early in the season and beat a Murphy team at our house. The same Murphy team that spanked y'all because y'all can't be beat Murphy outside of this season with their walking wounded lol. Really you picked out one team y'all beat in the last 30 years that finished higher than 3rd in the SMC the year you beat us. Thank for making my point.

You said they was not any. My point was made and I only went back 5 years. Thanks for playing.

Again you made my point. There weren't any great Swain teams that you beat. The one example you gave where we were co-champs was when we played out of our minds and beat a hobbled murphy team that beat yall earlier in the year. Really, a four loss co-championship team is your definition of great? Nice try. The teams you mentioned had some hard working young men who went through I would say the worst stretch of maroon devil football ever since Coach Dietz revamped the program and were decent at best by the end of the season. Heck one of those teams was 0-7 at one point. Really a power house their BK. Nice try though. Wow it really has been a long time since yall have been in this position you are this year.

What ever you gotta tell yourselve. I think anyone would agree the Swain team that won the SMC in 09 and only lost to the state champ by 1 point is a good team. And we beat you soundly. Listen at what you saying. It is clear that no matter what is said you will make up some loophole to help you sleep at KNIGHT. I think you are on the outside looking in on this one. Anyway how is bball going over in Bryson City. I really dont think the new rule will affect you in bball like it did in football. BTW, do you have a pick for the title games. I remember how good your picks was this year. But your picks were better than Zumba's.
laugh.r191677.gif

Sorry BK...good try. And ol gal has never been on the outside looking in. You must be thinking of yourself crepping around the Early College pearing through the window while you fog up the glass. Seriously though the team you mentioned in 09 finished very strong but look at the stretch we were on when we played yall and you have no clue about what was going on at that point of the season. Again that is only 1 example in the last 30 years and that was a team that the year before was 6-7 and when you beat us had a 3 game losing streak. If you also want to use your famous score comparison theory how did yall beat us like that, then lose to Murphy, then we beat Murphy? Theory again squashed. Entire rational behind this theory squashed. BK once again...SCHOOLED! Your 5-5 record over the last decade let me break it down for you:

2014: Knights win 21-7 Swain finishes 3rd in SMC
2013: Swain win 27-21 Swain's record 12-3
2012: Swain win 42-7 Swain's record 15-1
2011: Swain win 33-14 Swains record 15-1
2010: Knights win 25-0 Swain finishes 3rd in SMC (knights finish with 10 wins but get smoked by Murphy twice that year)
2009: Knights win 39-0 Swain finishes with 4 loses but somehow tri champs in SMC (Knights finished 11-3 but couldn't handle Murphy which lost to a hot Swain team in the season finale to cause a log jam for the 1 seed. I believe we got the 1 seed form the SMC in the drawing but could be mistaken)
2008: Knights win 42-0 Swain finishes with 7 loses and 4th in the SMC (Knights were 11-2 with a butt stomping at the hands of Murphy, shocker, and a heart breaker to Elkin)
2007: Knights win 33-25 over a 8 loss at one point 0-7 Swain team (Robbinsville fished with 7 wins and higher than Swain in the SMC)
2006: Swain wins 34-19 and was winless up until beating the knights in what would only be 4 wins that year
2005: Swain wins 25-20 and finishes 3rd in the SMC

My point here BK if you can get it is we both know talent comes in waves especially at the 1A level. Other factors come into performace. Yes you guys over the last decade are 5-5 against us. If you dig into the stats a little more though you can clearly see that 4 of those wins came in a row in the arguably the darkest days our program has ever seen. You guys earned a close win over a decent team this year but everyone at that game this year knows the devils and their performance was very very ugly. All I am saying is don't act like you have lined up toe to toe and done anything against some of our stronger teams. You guys were fortunate enough through talent and hard work to have one of your best stretches in a long time right at the same time we were in our lowest. It is a fact, not an excuse. To bad Murphy had yalls number or you might have had a couple more opportunities at be playing at state during that time. On a serious note, if you wanted to go back in recent memory and compare teams when both teams were very good lets look at 2004:

Swain finishes undefeated and state champ. Knights finish regular season with only one loss and that was to Swain 35-7. Yall beat Murphy 12-10. We beat Murphy 42-21. Couldn't find yalls playoff info so not sure what went down in the playoffs that year. If you know please share.

I absolutely am not trying to take anything away from the knights as they have had some very good teams and I literally was amazed a few weeks ago looking at their score board with all the state and conference titles. The knights have a rich tradition and they have had a great season this season, but BK you can't have stuff both ways. Oh look at how great we are when we do good but oh we are so disadvantaged when we get spanked. Take your lumps when you get them and cherish the victories, but keep some perspective.

Its funny how you guys are going back and forth on a thread on which a game has been decided. But this is my entertainment for the morning so carry on.

Sorry BK...good try. And ol gal has never been on the outside looking in. You must be thinking of yourself crepping around the Early College pearing through the window while you fog up the glass. Seriously though the team you mentioned in 09 finished very strong but look at the stretch we were on when we played yall and you have no clue about what was going on at that point of the season. Again that is only 1 example in the last 30 years and that was a team that the year before was 6-7 and when you beat us had a 3 game losing streak. If you also want to use your famous score comparison theory how did yall beat us like that, then lose to Murphy, then we beat Murphy? Theory again squashed. Entire rational behind this theory squashed. BK once again...SCHOOLED! Your 5-5 record over the last decade let me break it down for you:

2014: Knights win 21-7 Swain finishes 3rd in SMC
2013: Swain win 27-21 Swain's record 12-3
2012: Swain win 42-7 Swain's record 15-1
2011: Swain win 33-14 Swains record 15-1
2010: Knights win 25-0 Swain finishes 3rd in SMC (knights finish with 10 wins but get smoked by Murphy twice that year)
2009: Knights win 39-0 Swain finishes with 4 loses but somehow tri champs in SMC (Knights finished 11-3 but couldn't handle Murphy which lost to a hot Swain team in the season finale to cause a log jam for the 1 seed. I believe we got the 1 seed form the SMC in the drawing but could be mistaken)
2008: Knights win 42-0 Swain finishes with 7 loses and 4th in the SMC (Knights were 11-2 with a butt stomping at the hands of Murphy, shocker, and a heart breaker to Elkin)
2007: Knights win 33-25 over a 8 loss at one point 0-7 Swain team (Robbinsville fished with 7 wins and higher than Swain in the SMC)
2006: Swain wins 34-19 and was winless up until beating the knights in what would only be 4 wins that year
2005: Swain wins 25-20 and finishes 3rd in the SMC

My point here BK if you can get it is we both know talent comes in waves especially at the 1A level. Other factors come into performace. Yes you guys over the last decade are 5-5 against us. If you dig into the stats a little more though you can clearly see that 4 of those wins came in a row in the arguably the darkest days our program has ever seen. You guys earned a close win over a decent team this year but everyone at that game this year knows the devils and their performance was very very ugly. All I am saying is don't act like you have lined up toe to toe and done anything against some of our stronger teams. You guys were fortunate enough through talent and hard work to have one of your best stretches in a long time right at the same time we were in our lowest. It is a fact, not an excuse. To bad Murphy had yalls number or you might have had a couple more opportunities at be playing at state during that time. On a serious note, if you wanted to go back in recent memory and compare teams when both teams were very good lets look at 2004:

Swain finishes undefeated and state champ. Knights finish regular season with only one loss and that was to Swain 35-7. Yall beat Murphy 12-10. We beat Murphy 42-21. Couldn't find yalls playoff info so not sure what went down in the playoffs that year. If you know please share.

I absolutely am not trying to take anything away from the knights as they have had some very good teams and I literally was amazed a few weeks ago looking at their score board with all the state and conference titles. The knights have a rich tradition and they have had a great season this season, but BK you can't have stuff both ways. Oh look at how great we are when we do good but oh we are so disadvantaged when we get spanked. Take your lumps when you get them and cherish the victories, but keep some perspective.
I just want to point out that those seasons with LOSING records happened when Swain went away from the VEER! When the Devils went back to the VEER the Devils began to win again!

Now let this topic DIE! Congrats to a Great Starmount team, win it all and bring it back to the West!

The topic was dead because BK brought it up. And Kev, don't bring that back up. Technically didn't go away from the veer. Just ran it out of a different set opposed to the traditional up under center split back. The issues were much deeper than that I assure you. That topic was dead years ago. Sway, glad we could keep you entertained. What was this thread about again anyway?

Sad that BK is still on the Teat, let it go dude and enjoy the weekend cause uns be back to losing again soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT