ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Swain @ Starmount

All they did this year was thug it up. Guess be glad FRANKLIN wasnt 2a in 2011..hope basketball going well up there

It may be an acronym but there is nothing classless about it, in spite of your opinion.

G-ifted
A-nd
T-alented
A-thletes

Originally posted by ramfan1944:
It may be an acronym but there is nothing classless about it, in spite of your opinion.

G-ifted
A-nd
T-alented
A-thletes
Lol. What a soft spin on a traditional expression! When Erk Russell came up with the expression, it was 'Get After Their A$$es'

Originally posted by Deana_King:
For the first time ever at Starmount, I will be on the Ram sideline. Since 1995, I've been in the press box for every home game (minus 2 in 2011 when I stopped doing stats). The press box is going to be packed and I just wanted to take this game in from the sidelines.
I will come over and say hello. What's the weather looking like?

Go Smear some Maroon Paint on them boys!!! Good Luck from follow Mountain Boys BIG RED PANTHERS!

3 and 0 thugs playing well,good luck tonight you're going to need it. Hope the sound system is better than 2009

I think it's funny that I post one word that us Rams have used way before I even attended SHS and it gets under yalls skin...Go Rams...We up 21-0 at the half.

GATA...phrase, acronym...whatever. In NC, you hear it and you think of Starmount (regardless of who originated it). The explanation depends on who you are talking to. To the superintendent, it's Gifted and Talanted Athletes. On the football field, it's Get After ThatA$&. You see it, you think Starmount! Go RAMS. GATA. GATA. GATA.

Actually we think of Murphy. But who cares. Thank you for kicking our butts. Great game.

I suppose Swain knows what smash mouth football is now. I am amazed that this was not a lot closer game.

Really? Don't even start. You guys played a great game with a senior dominated team against a bunch of sophomores and juniors without out 2 best players. Kinda the way we smashed y'all in the mouth last year with our seniors. Starmount was the better team tonight without a doubt but don't make it more than what it was. Good luck to y'all.

More than what it was?...I dont think thats possible...but good game swain..YES STARMOUNT....WAY TO REP THE TERRIBLE MVAC....NOW FINISH IT STRONG..

Thanks RednowBlue for clearing that up..and Congrats to Starmount on an awesome game tonight!! We came
to play tonight and it showed!! Raleigh Bound!!

Yeah law exactly what I said. Don't act like we were even close to full strength and we absolutely would have needed them against those beasts you guys fielded tonight. Our youth and lack of depth showed tonight against a seasoned and tough team. Ol boy made it sound like they taught Swain a lesson or showed us something we haven't seen. You guys had the better team tonight plain and simple. You guys did to is what our older guys did to y'all last year. Nothing more and nothing less.

This post was edited on 12/5 11:10 PM by gal durnit

Gal,

Much respect to Swain. We have a good group that have played a long time together. You guys and West Montgomery will be pretty awesome next year. Just wish more people would be respectful on here. There are some making up new names to down other programs because they were sitting at home. We need to play you all more often...building a good rivalry there.

Hope you guys have a safe trip home!!

Thanks Deanna. You guys were nothing but a class act. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Got to game late and didn't want to get down there after the game in y'all's celebration. Best of luck next week. Bring it home!

Love seeing the losing teams make excuses. Win a win. You wouldn't made it this far if your team wasn't good enough. Sometimes you run into a better team. proud to see starmount make to finals.

Hard work pays off.

I hope #25 is ok. We noticed he was not playing in the 2nd half. I think someone said a concussion. Never asked what was wrong with McCoy but I hope he gets to wrestle. Great kid!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We lost to a team playing well. Defense was in the backfield all night long disrupting everything we tried. Wish we could have gotten the passing game going early to loosen up the line, but I only think it would have made for a little difference in the score. The INT for a touchdown was read the whole way. You guys did great in your preparation for the game. It seems when we play a team that runs the wing T like you guys did, it gives us problems. SWO in the championship game a few years ago being the last time I saw it ran like that and they won it. Best of luck to you guys next Friday night.

Who was making excuses? The better team absolutely won last night. Even if we were at full strength we would have had a tough time this year. Remember last years game with us. We were the older, stronger, more explosive team. Plain and simple. Starmount was the older, stronger, more explosive team this year. Plain and simple. Not sure what other ways it can be said. So not sure what excuses you were talking about? We had our best players out and several more starters banged up but that is a fact not an excuse. Did that impact the game? Sure,but like I said above even if we were at full strength, the Starmount team last night would have been very tough to beat. They brought it to is just like we did a year ago and we had no answer just like y'all didn't a year ago. It happens. Good luck next week. No excuses. Just respect for a classy bunch of hardboard players and a great coaching staff that I hope brings home the title.

I suppose Swain knows what smash mouth football is now. I am amazed that this was not a lot closer game.
Good win last nite and you might show a little class. Just in casy you didn't know, the Maroon machine holds the record for wins against uns and put an end to thhat 27 game winning streak back in 99, embarrassed uns two years a go.

Rams knows smash-mouth FB.
laugh.r191677.gif

Got a lil payback last night guys....until we meet again....with both programs' tradition there will be other matchups.

Congrats to Starmount! Not often you seen Swain get beat like that. Several posts have mentioned the Starmount line play and that was evident last week as well vs, WM. D line was very disruptive. The Rams also have big play capability. Good luck next week vs. WRH and hope the title can come back to the West.

Originally posted by Deana_King:
Got a lil payback last night guys....until we meet again....with both programs' tradition there will be other matchups.
Yes and can't wait Deana.

Originally posted by Kazuma:
Good win last nite and you might show a little class. Just in casy you didn't know, the Maroon machine holds the record for wins against uns and put an end to thhat 27 game winning streak back in 99, embarrassed uns two years a go.

Rams knows smash-mouth FB.
laugh.r191677.gif
Did all those beatings Swain gave us years ago get you to the finals this year? If not why bring them up. Swain fans last week talked about their tough mountain football. Swain came to SHS (this year) and got whipped 42-14. Like it or not, that is smash mouth football. One would think that cold mountain air would give you folks a little thicker skin.

Kazuma, you must not have been at the game to make that last cute little statement.
smile.r191677.gif

Young teams are up and are down. I think that is why swain beat Whiteville and lost to the Rams. Anyway good luck to the Rams.

Thats funny RamFan1944.... Why bring it up??? Who cares about last year and the years past....We are talking this year and it happened...GO RAMS!!!!!

I decided to wait a couple days to see who gloated, who whined, who trash-talked, and who made excuses before commenting on this game. Thankfully, theres not a whole lot of any of that going on. I dont mind getting a little smack talk thrown back at us after a beat-down like we took Friday. The Rams completely dominated us in all phases of the game. The only way we got on the boards against their 1st string was with a "trick" play. With that play excepted, the Starmount "D" played as if they knew exactly what play we were going to run every time. The Ram offense had their way with us by coming quick off the snap and using lots of lateral movement that forced our defense to hesitate, (does the motion man have it-wait- here come two more backs - do they have it or did the QB keep it) once we hesitated, it was too late, good blocking and quick footed-hard nosed ball carrying Punched it into our secondary and beyond time after time. #11 and #24 displayed some awesome running.

The Starmount team, fans, and community deserve to thump their chest a little if they want. But they are a great football community and they have their attention turned to next weekend. I wish them the best, I think if they play like this past Friday, they stand a good chance of bringing it all home.

As for my Devils, it was an awesome year, we accomplished a lot with what we had. We won a lot of good ones, put up a good fight with some great teams, and experienced two embarrassing defeats at the hands of Murphy and Starmount. Hopefully, the underclassmen will learn from these experiences and have the devils up another notch for next season. I would like to see us step up the discipline and sportsmanship and put and end to trash talk and showboating by our players, It wasnt really bad, but there was some, and even a little bit does not sit well with me or the character & traditions of the Maroon Devils program.

Do any other Swain fans know the significance of the crowbar? Seeing it brought a lump into my throat as I recalled the words of our coach when he recounted this tale of true "mountain" grit and determination.

This post was edited on 12/7 10:40 AM by Junglejimk

No one said it didn't happen this year you d-bags! But after a worse beat down y'all took last year you would think being on this side of it you might be a little humble. Not one person from Swain has made an excuse or blamed anything other than Starmount being better than Swain this year. Simple. Try getting your heads out of your rear ends and act as classy as your team and coaching staff was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT