ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Swain @ Starmount

I'm not a player, I'm just a Starmount fan who knows that our team is playing excellent football right now! Last years game was with two different teams and I want to see our boys come out successfull! I know both teams are good, it's the semi finals, every team left has to have a good team, I'm just confident in our team to get the win

Nothing wrong with that post. But running your suck about "Indians" coming off the mountain makes you sound ignorant and like you want to poke the bear. Listen to Deanna and the other smart Starmount posters. You are right the game last year was between two different teams but you might not want to run your mouth I. Such an arrogant way when you see what a program like ours brings to the table. More importantly running your lips about a people you know nothing about is just plain ignorant.

Both teams are fired up about the game, and that is fine considering how big of a game it is. A little pre game trash talk is expected from a big game like this and honestly everyone should be able to take a little bit of it

Guru your a big guy. How bout you prove how tough you are by wearing a guru 3 shirt or sign. Bet you dont.

This post was edited on 12/3 10:16 PM by BK13T-$

It's a semi final playoff game, there's going to be trash talk nod if you can't take it then you don't need to be on here

Originally posted by football_guru3:
It's a semi final playoff game, there's going to be trash talk nod if you can't take it then you don't need to be on here
There's a difference in trash talk and the racist garbage I read that Deanna had to edit.
mad0025.r191677.gif

Originally posted by football_guru3:
Young man, and I use that term loosely on this matter! Most of the fans on these boards have gone through puberty and have found room for respect for each others programs. I for one cheer on Starmount for the Rams play what I would call "Mountain Football"!

As for the trash talking, yeah we can go down that road but why? Why not give props to both teams and enjoy playing ball this late in the season? Young man, you have much to learn in life.... start now and enjoy it more.

This should be a barn burner, and I'm hoping my Devils are doing the torchin, but Startmount is a program that is respected on this side of the hill.

I hope to meet some of the Swain faithful Friday night. I've known cardinaloldl for a few years and met Heath Shuler
devil.r191677.gif

Hey guys I know this game will be online but forgot the links. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Will be pulling for Swain since they beat us last week. Should be a great game. Best of luck to both teams.

Originally posted by Deana_King:
I hope to meet some of the Swain faithful Friday night. I've known cardinaloldl for a few years and met Heath Shuler
devil.r191677.gif
My plan is to be there Deanna. I will definitly come by and see you.

Originally posted by gal durnit:
devil.r191677.gif
If any Swain fans get here early stop by downtown Elkin. Elkin and Starmount are just a few miles apart.

I understand Starmount does not pass at all. If Swain is able to crowd the line of scrimmage I see them winning by 14. They will not be facing a running back like Manning of Whiteville. Passing attack may be the difference in the scoring.

Originally posted by prlyles:

Originally posted by gal durnit:

devil.r191677.gif
If any Swain fans get here early stop by downtown Elkin. Elkin and Starmount are just a few miles apart.
Will do.

You may be surprised by what the stable in Starmounts backfield can do, if you don't think they will be able to run it.

We aren't surpised by anything to be honest. At this point we know what they want to do. They know what we want to do. It's just line up and see who executes better. Any team that goes into West Montgomery and gets a win is more than capeable of hurting any team.

I hope my Rams can squeeze out one more win this week. All you Swain County fans have a safe trip down the "mountain" Friday. I am so glad we play at home. That fact alone could be the difference for the Rams.

We have not thrown much all year, BUT last week we hit 3 of 4 passes for 46 yards to keep defense honest. We don't have a power back like we have had in the past. Our backs have different strengths.

This game is gonna be an old-fashioned type game. Both teams like gal said know what each wants to do. Turnovers and special teams may come in the equation as well.

For Swain fans coming up early, exit 79 off I77 is where u turn to go to Starmount. Go on 2 miles to next exit for your food places for pre-game meals.

I think I saw some Indians when Robbinsville played at Swain Co. this season. lol

Play hard and run that veer Swain! GO MAROON MACHINE!.......Can you believe that's coming from a Bulldog from years gone by! Gettem!

KevinfromSwain, I hope you get to shake hands with Deana. You are a true high school football fan and have my respect from our personal encounter almost 10 years ago in Maiden.

I'd love to witness this game because, at this level, there are less 5 star athletes, but not a lack of toughness!

Good luck to both teams!

Originally posted by CHEERDUCK:
KevinfromSwain, I hope you get to shake hands with Deana. You are a true high school football fan and have my respect from our personal encounter almost 10 years ago in Maiden.

I'd love to witness this game because, at this level, there are less 5 star athletes, but not a lack of toughness!

Good luck to both teams!
I wish I could have made this trip too. I'm starting to feel much better but long rides don't go over very well yet. Maybe next year the good Lord willing.

Side note, for anyone with a surgeon wanting to cut, go to your nearest pain clinic and look into a Stimulator.... this devise helps deal with the pain! If they cut and it doesn't work... man take it from me, it ain't NO fun. And if you want to talk it over, just message me and I'll tell you what I've gone through.

Now, come on Devils play tough and play hard! That's all we want to see, if this is done win or lose YOU are winners in my book!

From the Warrior nation GOOD LUCK to both teams if Swain Plays like they did down here last year at Starmount and Starmount plays at the level they did last week then everyone there will see a heck of a game. The EAST teams might better look deep inside thier souls Because one of thier mighty teams has been there and no longer play this year. I will bet the EAST teams have not took hits like whats comeing next week no matter which team form THE WEST they get.

It almost pains me to say it but im Pulling for the MAROON DEVILS tomorrow night..the piece in the huddle about " what is mountain"was awesome. I respect swain because they will play anybody anywhere anytime ..I fully expect another road win

Guru should be called coo coo..no team north of I 40 even plays decent football..west stokes and Wilkes central came to franklin and got thumped. One of the Surry county ( who cares which one) lost to a #15 seed...swain beat mt airy physically half to death. Look for three teams from far up in these mts to be playing next week. Starmount bout to find out "WHAT IS MOUNTIAN"
SWAIN 28 STARDUST 7

For the first time ever at Starmount, I will be on the Ram sideline. Since 1995, I've been in the press box for every home game (minus 2 in 2011 when I stopped doing stats). The press box is going to be packed and I just wanted to take this game in from the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT