ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 scores

Yes final. Wsp 54 ew 40

That's a bad loss for East. They'll struggle mightly againts teams that have athletes in the conference if they don't figure out something on defense. They still have some winnable games but Starmount, Central, Ashe, and Elkin are going to be difficult.

Not really a bad loss at all for EW. The guys at EW play hard, but they're just not a good team at all. Especially defensively. Tackling is abysmal, and they lack any resemblance of physicality. They may beat W.Wilkes in conference play, but that will be about it. EW is pretty bad. Not sure what's happening at their practices, but from week to week their defense has became worse. Tackling is one of the most basic elements of football. Not sure how or why they are doing it so poorly. Taking nothing away from WS Prep, they have more team speed than anyone in the MVAC..but their defense was atrocious too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I feel sorry for McDonald's
Mitchell has finally put their passing game together. 15 or so passes, 1 incomplete. Good passes, receivers making catches and running their routes.
Yes I heard they've been working on the pass a lot at practice and you can tell it.
I feel kind of sorry for McDonald's #5 he's good running back but has no help.

Mostly starters and a couple subs.
Besides#11 on McDowell first drive didn't see one starter. 2nd string on D when McDowell scored. JVs practiced today so they didn't bring any for the game or they'd probably got to play some.
Gotcha! I was sitting with some Mitchell people who just kept saying "they still have most of their first string in."

I honestly think Madison might beat McDowell. Their QB had some heart but no where to go. RB #5 for McDowell was a speedster. If he played somewhere with a good line he would be tough to handle. Can’t even take anything from this game really. McDowell players fussing on the sidelines and talking back to coaches. Not a good situation. May take Coach Brewer awhile to work this out.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
I honestly think Madison might beat McDowell. Their QB had some heart but no where to go. RB #5 for McDowell was a speedster. If he played somewhere with a good line he would be tough to handle. Can’t even take anything from this game really. McDowell players fussing on the sidelines and talking back to coaches. Not a good situation. May take Coach Brewer awhile to work this out.
Yeah I said earlier I felt sorry for #5 he's a good RB just no help. I thought McDowell would be a little better then this, makes you wonder just how bad East Burke must be to lost to them 41-28.

Reactions: Heritage 84
Gotcha! I was sitting with some Mitchell people who just kept saying "they still have most of their first string in."
Well I will say one thing I don't understand, he puts back up lineman in and kept I think Pittman in to long if for no other reason to keep him from getting hurt and the back up QB needs to get more play time in games like this.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
About the most impressive thing I saw tonight, and I understand warming up is different from doing it in a game, but watching at halftime Mitchell's kicker warming up kicking 55 yard field goals. Looked like they had to unlock the gate on the chain link fence to get the ball after he's extra point kicks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT