ADVERTISEMENT

week 2 scores

Despite the scoreline I actually feel better coming out of this game than I did after the Pisgah game. A little better luck in the redzone and not being struck with major cramping issues in the 2nd half and this game feels way different.

Rumfelt was MUCH better this week. Depth is an issue (hence the cramping problems) but IF they stay healthy this team will be really tough to handle come fall.

Last edited:
I know they have nice charter buses ,but I wonder how many fans drove 476 miles 7h 38m Choctaw Mississippi to watch Cherokee play. According to ScoreStream it 27-7 Choctaw halftime. I wish Cherokee hadn't dropped Mitchell, and Mitchell wouldn't have to play teams like tonight who gives you no competition.

Last edited:
I know they have nice charter buses ,but I wonder how many fans drove 476 miles 7h 38m Choctaw Mississippi to watch Cherokee play. According to ScoreStream it 27-7 Choctaw halftime. I wish Cherokee hadn't dropped Mitchell, they wouldn't have to go to MS and Mitchell wouldn't have to play teams like tonight who gives you no competition.
Cherokee plays Choctaw every year. They are the only 2 nations east ofvtge Mississippi.

Well not good signal at Franklin , so what's your point
Not everyone outside
I know they have nice charter buses ,but I wonder how many fans drove 476 miles 7h 38m Choctaw Mississippi to watch Cherokee play. According to ScoreStream it 27-7 Choctaw halftime. I wish Cherokee hadn't dropped Mitchell, they wouldn't have to go to MS and Mitchell wouldn't have to play teams like tonight who gives you no competition.
dude, this is a big rivalry! Battle of the Nations and Cherokee has held its own in the past. This season, too many young kids learning the game for the Braves.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Bro mitchell has no business playing schools like that.

Well not good signal at Franklin , so what's your point
The point is someone has good enough signal to put up the scores but don't change the quarters. Someone finally did in the 3rd quarter. But that was just an example there were other games , I can understand some places don't have a good signal and can't post anything but obviously that wasn't the case of games were the scores were posted.

It is foolish to play a team 2 or 3 states away and over 7 hour drive. Just what does it prove ? Nothing ......

The point is someone has good enough signal to put up the scores but don't change the quarters. Someone finally did in the 3rd quarter. But that was just an example there were other games , I can understand some places don't have a good signal and can't post anything but obviously that wasn't the case of games were the scores were posted.
I posted the 7, but my phone lost service

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Jeez, guess the hype train left the station a little early for us. I work with some guys from sylva and they texted me saying they felt Swain was better than us especially in the trenches....guess they were right. Maybe we will get it going. Some signs of life finally. Didn't Swain beat this team by 3 scores?

It is foolish to play a team 2 or 3 states away and over 7 hour drive. Just what does it prove ? Nothing ......
Yeah plus I know like I mentioned they have those nice coach buses but still that's a long ways to take highschool kids for a game and talking a chance of an accident happening. I just pray like I do all these teams traveling that they get home safely.

Final score from E A Lyons Stadium North Stokes 32 North Moore 21. North Stokes goes to 2 and 0 on the season with Chatham Central coming to Danbury next Friday night. North Stokes trailed 7 to 0 then came back and tied the game. North Stokes blocked a punt for a touchdown and had two pick sixes one was called back and North Stokes ended the game taking a knee twice inside the 10. Coach Sessoms and his staff have the Vikings playing well. If they were in the Yadkin Valley Conference they would be undefeated with Chatham Central next week. Great job by the Vikings tonight.

Reactions: gdawg74
Despite the scoreline I actually feel better coming out of this game than I did after the Pisgah game. A little better luck in the redzone and not being struck with major cramping issues in the 2nd half and this game feels way different.

Rumfelt was MUCH better this week. Depth is an issue (hence the cramping problems) but IF they stay healthy this team will be really tough to handle come fall.

Dont forget that franklin wasted about three trips to the redzone too. I feel much better about franklin after this game as well, just have to finish drives.

There are other Eastern federally recognized tribes (Catawba and Seminoles for instance). But I think they may be the only tribally run high schools in the east.
Well I was wondering if it was a tribal thing. But it still just seems to be a long ways to send kids for a game. I understand school trips but just one game. But it's their kids and thier business. I guess I just worry about thier safety traveling that far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT