ADVERTISEMENT

week 2 scores

Jeez, guess the hype train left the station a little early for us. I work with some guys from sylva and they texted me saying they felt Swain was better than us especially in the trenches....guess they were right. Maybe we will get it going. Some signs of life finally. Didn't Swain beat this team by 3 scores?
25 to 6. Y’all will get em yet. Just play football!

Robbinsville fans are awful quiet tonight...

Those kids are faster than you realize with talent. If they just learn the game as a unit they would be deadly. And either they picked up on the game last week or the Nights are having a huge off night.

Jeez, guess the hype train left the station a little early for us. I work with some guys from sylva and they texted me saying they felt Swain was better than us especially in the trenches....guess they were right. Maybe we will get it going. Some signs of life finally. Didn't Swain beat this team by 3 scores?

I did not post it but LCA is not that bad. They have some athletes and they were more physical than I thought they would be. With some coaching they could be really good. Watch number 6 at free safety. That boy knows how to tackle and hit. What is the score now?

Smoky came to Swain to play tonight. You could tell they came with a chip on their shoulder and once they got it going they picked up some momentum. Proud of our boys to show the fight they had and show signs of a passing game everyone doubted. I felt our backs are better and our line dominated up front on both sides of the ball. Shout out to them big boys for a job well done.

Are you idiots really suggesting Cherokee drop a huge annual rivalry with another tribal school because of travel? I think the tribe has a pretty good handle on whats best for them.
There no need to call anyone an idiot. And I'm the one who brought it up. For some reason I don't know why I hadn't noticed them playing them every year. I meant no offense to anyone and as I posted earlier it thier kids and thier business and I can understand wanting to play another tribe. But I wasn't putting anyone down I was just looking as a father from a safety point of view and I pray they have a fun and safe trip. Sorry I ever brought it up.

FYI - Life Christian Academy won the state championship last season in their division in Georgia. Plus I heard they had a few more transfers this season from last year. They have some talent.

I did not post it but LCA is not that bad. They have some athletes and they were more physical than I thought they would be. With some coaching they could be really good. Watch number 6 at free safety. That boy knows how to tackle and hit. What is the score now?

Smoky came to Swain to play tonight. You could tell they came with a chip on their shoulder and once they got it going they picked up some momentum. Proud of our boys to show the fight they had and show signs of a passing game everyone doubted. I felt our backs are better and our line dominated up front on both sides of the ball. Shout out to them big boys for a job well done.
We’d better work on that dang trap or sweep play they hit us with! But man, impressed with the running game. 7 men on the line one backer and the safety’s pulled up to shut down the run opens up a couple of killer passes and bingo! Ball game.

Reactions: Swaindad40
If we continue to get that passing game opened up then we will have a hell of a running game! Keep working boys we are building some momentum and something special.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
There no need to call anyone an idiot. And I'm the one who brought it up. For some reason I don't know why I hadn't noticed them playing them every year. I meant no offense to anyone and as I posted earlier it thier kids and thier business and I can understand wanting to play another tribe. But I wasn't putting anyone down I was just looking as a father from a safety point of view and I pray they have a fun and safe trip. Sorry I ever brought it up.

My bad, you're right. Blame the anonymity of the internet i guess.

How in the world are they still playing? What time did they start?

Bro mitchell has no business playing schools like that.
Well they've had teams drop them and other teams ether have a full schedule or just refuse to play them. I don't know what team it was but member of the staff told me before they started playing this team that Mitchell asked a 3A school who had and empty slot but the coach said he wasn't playing a 1A school that could beat his 3A team. But I rather play a good non- conference team that makes you play hard and get you better prepared for conference play and the playoffs.

My bad, you're right. Blame the anonymity of the internet i guess.
No problems. It is odd as much as I keep up with highschool football that I hadn't noticed they have played every year. So I do feel kinda dumb not knowing. But I do wish Mitchell and Cherokee could have kept playing , I like good competition not what we had tonight.

LCA is fast and physical. But we played terrible.
Game was called with 7 minutes left. If there was a way Murphy could get out of their game with them I would highly recommend it.

Dont forget that franklin wasted about three trips to the redzone too. I feel much better about franklin after this game as well, just have to finish their drives.
Franklin was gritty and well coached like always, they gave the Dogs a real game tonight. But the reality is Murphy had over double the total yardage (338 to 159) triple the penalties (9 to 3) and cramping issues with their starting RB, WR/FS, FB/MLB and LT/DT in the second half that certainly had some effect on how things went.

The final score flattered Franklin a bit in my honest opinion but feel free to disagree. Good luck to your Panthers moving forward, see you at the Hill next year.

Last edited:
Bro mitchell has no business playing schools like that.
Well they've had teams drop them and other teams ether have a full schedule or just refuse to play them. I don't know what team it was but member of the staff told me before they started playing this team that Mitchell asked a 3A school who had and empty slot but the coach said he wasn't playing a 1A school that could beat his 3A team. But I rather play a good non- conference team that makes you play hard and get you better prepared for conference play and the playoffs.
About 3 years ago, Watauga approached Mitchell about playing and Mitchell refused. Personally would have thought it would be an entertaining game.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
SMC Scores
Murphy 15 Franklin 7
Robbinsville 21 LCA 18
Swain 24 Smoky Mountain 21
Hayesville 28 Copper Basin 27
Andrews 55 Carolina Gladiators 0
Brevard 42 Rosman 0
Choctaw Central 47 Cherokee 12

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
About 3 years ago, Watauga approached Mitchell about playing and Mitchell refused. Personally would have thought it would be an entertaining game.

I’ve wanted to see that matchup for yrs. Would have been really good games the past 3 yrs. And a good 1 this year I’m sure. Hated to see the Avery/Watauga series end. I watched Avery beat Watauga for the first time in 89. Watauga was 4a, Avery 2a.

Swain vs Smoky Mountain
Game Stats:
Passing:
Swain 6/13 168 Yards 1SM 5/11 87 Yards 1TD

Rushing:
Sain 17-122-1TD
Stephens 19-111-1TD
Lossiah 15-103-1TD
Frady 18-76
Just think what would happen to those LB’ers and safety get caught up in the running game and someone remembers we have a 6 2 tight end slipping by on the once used 33 pass!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Running game sets that up perfectly. We have a excellent tight end to throw it to. That play is always in our back pocket if those linebackers are coming up on the dive.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Running game sets that up perfectly. We have a excellent tight end to throw it to. That play is always in our back pocket if those linebackers are coming up on the dive.
I don’t see many not bringing up their backers, Swain has a solid bunch up front and good young men wanting to run the ball. That dump pass for either side would be like taking candy from a baby last Friday!

Reactions: Swaindad40
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT