ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 playoffs games moved

Am I the only one who sees the weather on Thursday? It’s going to rain all night Thursday, starting in the late afternoon. I don’t get moving games to Thursday.
Once they start playing the fields won’t be as bad Thursday because it would have just started. That’s better than playing after it’s rained the day before and while playing Friday.

Once they start playing the fields won’t be as bad Thursday because it would have just started. That’s better than playing after it’s rained the day before and while playing Friday.
Yeah I see your point, however I see several teams who have turf changing their games. Rain doesn’t affect turf fields like it does grass.

Reactions: beamer24
Am I the only one who sees the weather on Thursday? It’s going to rain all night Thursday, starting in the late afternoon. I don’t get moving games to Thursday.
I mentioned earlier somewhere, they should've considered moving games to Saturday. Is there a rule stating they couldn't, that you had to have so many days between playoff games?

I mentioned earlier somewhere, they should've considered moving games to Saturday. Is there a rule stating they couldn't, that you had to have so many days between playoff games?
1 game moved to Saturday but cant remember who it was.

Reactions: mrhonda
I believe you can play on Saturday, never seen any rule about that just for playoffs.

Reactions: mrhonda
From what I just seen, looks like rain for both nights now. I know it’s not ideal but from a Financial standpoint the best option maybe Saturday night. For most schools football is the big support for rest of the sports.

Mt Tabor refused to play East Forsyth on Thursday and Tabor requested Saturday, that was denied by East Forsyth who said we'll just play Friday Night. I see both sides of the argument.

It looks like tonight(Thursday) will be the worst night with rain and high wind... Friday night may be okay, Saturday looks great.

Gate attendance might be a factor because many people have other things to do on Saturday but Thursday/Friday in the rain will hurt gate attendance as well; so that kinda equals out.

Some coaches feel they can slow down a faster team who might throw a lot(in windy conditions) as the underdog team. These schools and coaches are weighing everything and every option.
I don't blame Tabor or any school who are trying everything to gain an advantage and win a game. It's football and it is played in the elements.

Mt Tabor refused to play East Forsyth on Thursday and Tabor requested Saturday, that was denied by East Forsyth who said we'll just play Friday Night. I see both sides of the argument.

It looks like tonight(Thursday) will be the worst night with rain and high wind... Friday night may be okay, Saturday looks great.

Gate attendance might be a factor because many people have other things to do on Saturday but Thursday/Friday in the rain will hurt gate attendance as well; so that kinda equals out.

Some coaches feel they can slow down a faster team who might throw a lot(in windy conditions) as the underdog team. These schools and coaches are weighing everything and every option.
I don't blame Tabor or any school who are trying everything to gain an advantage and win a game. It's football and it is played in the elements.
The Panthers have a Thursday night game tonight against the Falcons here in Charlotte. So we can watch a miserable team in miserable weather. What a combination!

Most coaches dont want to play Saturday, as it gives you one less day to prepare forround 2. In addition, if your opponent plays on Thursday, now they can go wtch you on Friday and also have 2 extra days to repair and recover. Especially if youre the favorite, moving to Thursday makes much more sense.

If you move it to Thursday and it rains, you still have a chance to play Friday then Saturday. You dont want to NOT move the game,then watch it not rain thursday, have to play saturday, and your opponent be sitting back resting and waiting on you.

Moving to Thursday in a week where there is such a huge chance of bad weather on friday is a no brainer. Also, sometimes counties panic and cancel all activities. When that happens, no game and no practice. So NOT moving games to thursday this week makes ZERO sense.

Reactions: New3ra and CPC4LIFE
Most coaches dont want to play Saturday, as it gives you one less day to prepare forround 2. In addition, if your opponent plays on Thursday, now they can go wtch you on Friday and also have 2 extra days to repair and recover. Especially if youre the favorite, moving to Thursday makes much more sense.

If you move it to Thursday and it rains, you still have a chance to play Friday then Saturday. You dont want to NOT move the game,then watch it not rain thursday, have to play saturday, and your opponent be sitting back resting and waiting on you.

Moving to Thursday in a week where there is such a huge chance of bad weather on friday is a no brainer. Also, sometimes counties panic and cancel all activities. When that happens, no game and no practice. So NOT moving games to thursday this week makes ZERO sense.
So a team being able to watch their opponent on Friday could be a problem. Is that why East Forsyth has their first round playoff game blacked out on NFHS until 12/18/22. So far, it's the only school I've seen do that.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
So a team being able to watch their opponent on Friday could be a problem. Is that why East Forsyth has their first round playoff game blacked out on NFHS until 12/18/22. So far, it's the only school I've seen do that.
Grimsley has been doing it too

Reactions: cimsies
They’ve done it all season right after the games go off. It doesn’t make sense to me because teams you play will get to watch film of your team.
Especially when you have subscribers paying for the service.

Reactions: New3ra
Yes, but you may run certain things only rarely. Plus the more film you are the easier to chart tendencies. Plus coaches are notoriuolsy paranoid honestly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT