ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 scores

Is Starmount back to their old self or is MA that weak this year?

Starmount is heading back in the right direction. After week 1 I'd give them the nod as conference favorites. Of course we haven't seen Wilkes Central yet, but Ashe laid a major egg against someone they were heavily favored against and Elkin had a subpar performance against Surry Central.

Sorry so late no service at North Stokes. Final from Danbury... North Stokes 34 South Davidson 20. North Stokes has no turnovers and no injuries from tonight. Mark Shah scores four touchdowns for the Vikings. North scores on first two possessions. First time South had the ball down by 7 they go for it on fourth and four turn it over on their own 35 and North scored. Great game by the Vikings tonight. Way to start the season.

How bout a congrats to the rams own a hard fought game, two pretty evenly matched teams , bears are young. Impressed with sophomore qb, no comment on certain things. Qb looked good in the option, don’t have a receiver he can count on yet, need to find a 2nd back, 12 is soft as cotton. 6 wont make it thru year if he has to run it as much as he did tonight. For me it’s gonna be a fun year to see how this team comes together. Poindexter don’t have the receivers to be the style qb he is in this offense, sophomore by game 6 will be the qb till he graduates. Kid is a baller

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Jr. QB Holden Poindexter has been injured for several weeks and Bears only have 7 seniors to Starmount's 14 . Bears will get better . Starmount should have won this year by 2 or 3 TDs
. Your stupid! Bears give u p 21 points on turnovers. Starmount real good team but what game was u watch ing? Bears let this one get away. U do t have a clue. Go drink another one!!

Great job by Coach David Diamont and the Sauras tonight. Great coach but even better man. Win number 292.
I was at the game and thought he put on a clinic tonight. His players played harder and smarter and #20 played a heck of a game. #13 for west is one of the best receivers in the area got one ball all night.

. Your stupid! Bears give u p 21 points on turnovers. Starmount real good team but what game was u watch ing? Bears let this one get away. U do t have a clue. Go drink another one!!
You are the one that sounds like you had one too many. All I posted was fact.
Bears only have 7 seniors to Starmount's 14 . Bears will get better . Starmount should have won this year by 2 or 3 TDs. If you don't support the coach then I see you are sucking up to Dave Diamont then go be a South Stokes supporter. I support the young Bears and their Coach. You seem to not know much about the Bears this year.Every team has a down and rebuilding year every few years and you just can't take it. " Bears Only 7 Seniors" Get you some cheese to go with that wine !

Last edited:
Smoky RB is a hard runner. It took us a while but we got it going. I thought we would lose by 40 after 1st Q. We gave up a lot of yards rushing that Q. we fumbled 2nd play of game and the winning drive that would've put us up 12. I think we fumbled 3 times. Refs were as bad as I'd seen lately. Smoky stopped our long runs but we started getting those 5 or 6 yd carries later in the game. Smoky got tired late and we didn't.

QB Collins is BKs player of the game week 1.

Coming in traffic was bad and the field is in a recreation park in a very rural part of downtown Atlanta. Ticket man at the gate was wearing a bulletproof vest. Turf field is not the best and the they had eight lights to light up the entire field. We played almost half the game in the dark. They had to call the power company to come out to fix them. Long hour halftime break while they worked on them. Looked like they pulled refs off the street with little to no experience. Did not know where to spot the ball or what a block in the back look like. Even the chain gang did not know what a first down was. At one point the down marker was past the first down marker by 2.5 yards and it was still third down. Lol. Maybe youth league refs. Took one td from us when it would have been first and goal at the two when we clearly got five yards on fourth and four. We also scored three times on one drive and they said we did not get in until the third td. Did not stop clock in 3rd quarter like they should have and they never called a delay of game against them when they took as long as they wanted to. All of these distractions and we would have been up much more than 25-0 when we started subbing at the start of the fourth quarter. They did have some athletic players and a few of them could hit. They like to tackle high and hit low. Horse caller tackles and late hits out of bounds. Good luck getting a roster because this is a alternative school and who knows who their players are. I would bet some of them are 19yo. They had 20 on the team. Heard the school has 200 students. Very unorganized!

Trying to decipher this post leads me to think you shouldn’t have another.

You are the one that sounds like you had one too many. All I posted was fact.
Bears only have 7 seniors to Starmount's 14 . Bears will get better . Starmount should have won this year by 2 or 3 TDs. If you don't support the coach then I see you are sucking up to Dave Diamont then go be a South Stokes supporter. I support the young Bears and their Coach. You seem to not know much about the Bears this year.Every team has a down and rebuilding year every few years and you just can't take it. " Bears Only 7 Seniors" Get you some cheese to go with that wine !

. U come to one game in 20 freaking years u don't have a clue. And I'm a Bear supporter like u have never seen idiot. I wish Johnson was the coach from Forbush. Just calling it way I seen it bad play calling period. So yeah go drink about 24 more.
Buzz, why in the world would you want a coach back that hasn’t proven anything at Forbush? I know he was a long time MA guy, but you have a proven winner their now, everybody deals with growing pains, and I believe MA has a new play caller this year. It was the 1st varsity game for a lot of folks, Bears will be just fine in the end.

Maybe Mount Airy can have the guy back that's at Forbush and the one at East Wilkes. See if they do any better than JK. JK will be fine and is a great coach. Mount Airy just might be down compared to normal this year a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGetIt7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT