ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Results as expected in CPC with 4-2 record

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
1. West Forsyth put its game away early in a blowout of Lake Norman. QB questions were answered and found a new nice WR.
2. East Forsyth beat a good Sanderson team but we'll learn much more vs a really good Mt Tabor team this week.
3. Glenn's QB Stephon Brown was good as advertised and looks like the CPC Offensive MVP. He was part of 5 or 6 TD's running & passing.
4. Davie represented very well in OT loss to Page.
5. Reagan played good early before a powerhouse dominated them
6. RJR wins a close one! And with that schedule should win the next two

1. West Forsyth put its game away early in a blowout of Lake Norman. QB questions were answered and found a new nice WR.
2. East Forsyth beat a good Sanderson team but we'll learn much more vs a really good Mt Tabor team this week.
3. Glenn's QB Stephon Brown was good as advertised and looks like the CPC Offensive MVP. He was part of 5 or 6 TD's running & passing.
4. Davie represented very well in OT loss to Page.
5. Reagan played good early before a powerhouse dominated them
6. RJR wins a close one! And with that schedule should win the next two
Was gonna bite my own tounge here, not sure I understand the comment about East. After watching the news highlights both teams are very talented. Mount tabor isn't as good as Sanderson, in fact mount tabor almost lost to a North Davidson team that was supposed to be very bad this year. East exceed a lot of people's expectations.

Very bad? North is being talked about being a contender in 2AA from what I saw all off-season. Tabor dropped down to 3A and we dropped down to 2A but I dunno where you got your info. We had nearly everything coming back on defense and the line. QB was the only question mark lol

I just think we will get a better read of East Forsyth's offense this week.

Not trying to offend but when was the last time they only scored 14pts? Many Years ago! I still think it's between East & West in the CPC. East defense was stout vs Sanderson. It was a great road win. I do remember Mt Tabor giving East all they could handle last year and most of those players are back. Mt Tabor also held East to its lowest offensive game all season in 2016...22pts for the Eagles.

I also couldn't get too much of a read on the West offense either because the starters came out early in the 3rd Quarter and the defense was so dominating. I do like West same two baseball players who were WB's last year and I like a new WR while RB Matt Duke looked real good.

West has 105 players on the roster not counting the JV. Coach Snow likes to play everybody and he came pretty close.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
If any high school team has to rely on their 32nd best player, do they really have a chance against comparable competition? Only say this to question the comment that "West has 105 players on the roster not counting the JV." I think that shows a lot of determination for the kids to be dedicated to the program at that level.

I just think we will get a better read of East Forsyth's offense this week.

Not trying to offend but when was the last time they only scored 14pts? Many Years ago! I still think it's between East & West in the CPC. East defense was stout vs Sanderson. It was a great road win. I do remember Mt Tabor giving East all they could handle last year and most of those players are back. Mt Tabor also held East to its lowest offensive game all season in 2016...22pts for the Eagles.

I also couldn't get too much of a read on the West offense either because the starters came out early in the 3rd Quarter and the defense was so dominating. I do like West same two baseball players who were WB's last year and I like a new WR while RB Matt Duke looked real good.

West has 105 players on the roster not counting the JV. Coach Snow likes to play everybody and he came pretty close.
In 2016 the season opener East Forsyth used a senior QB Kelvin James or something around that name and he never played a game again.if you know anything about that game it was a season opener in which the eagles let the senior start out Brandon Bullins who is still QB today, took over half way through the fourth quarter and the Eagles never looked back.

As for North Davidson, I was referring to the classification drops, new school etc.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Very well. Oak Grove only has freshmen and sophomores this year though. The junior and senior classes weren't affected this year. We basically have two seasons left of 4A/3A numbers for players.

@ForsythFootball I agree. Mt. Tabor is being reported as being undersized but quick on defense. Scoring 14 points sometimes is more about the competition played than anything else although East did leave points on the field. Don't understand the love affair with Tabor year in and out but East will do what they've continued to do. Control the line of scrimmage. East played a very stout and game Sanderson whose defense good. I don't think East will get any more stiff competition this week other than It's a county game for the kids.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
@ForsythFootball I agree. Mt. Tabor is being reported as being undersized but quick on defense. Scoring 14 points sometimes is more about the competition played than anything else although East did leave points on the field. Don't understand the love affair with Tabor year in and out but East will do what they've continued to do. Control the line of scrimmage. East played a very stout and game Sanderson whose defense good. I don't think East will get any more stiff competition this week other than It's a county game for the kids.
It would seem that Tabor and ND are better than ya thought!!

That ND defense may have flown so far under the radar that even ND fans didn't see this one coming. Holding Davie to 35 total yards and 0 offensive points is amazing. Heard rushing total was -27 yards. Again, just amazing. DEFENSE WINS GAMES, especially in the playoffs!

Hoping the offense has turned the corner, the talent is there. Opening up the passing game will only make bigger lanes for TJ to run. If we can get the snap/hold/kick down for the special teams...that's all 3 phases and that's a dangerous beast. MT loss falls off the record, if Shelby goes 2A, ND is fighting for a possible 1 seed in the 2AA WEST.

A lot of football to be played, not calling anyone out, not asking for anything including respect...just saying watch out if this team gets it all figured out!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT