ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington

That Vance D was special. Allowed 24 total points to all of its 4AA playoff opponents COMBINED (the championship game was their worst performance of playoffs in my opinion- only allowed 80 total yards.)

Reactions: Crr1968 and btango
They played AK this year who won 11 games. Are you referring to MP, Richmond, MC, Vance, or Butler as a top 4A team?
Yes, AK no offense was not a true 11 win 4A team. Their conference was down overall and their out of conference schedule was not particularly strong outside of Weddington.
Would love to see Weddington/Vance or MC or Richmond.

That Vance D was special. Allowed 24 total points to all of its 4AA playoff opponents COMBINED (the championship game was their worst performance of playoffs in my opinion- only allowed 80 total yards.)
Weddington’s defense was special as well. They gave up 104 points in 16 games and didn’t allow 20 points in any game.

Yes, AK no offense was not a true 11 win 4A team. Their conference was down overall and their out of conference schedule was not particularly strong outside of Weddington.
Would love to see Weddington/Vance or MC or Richmond.
Way to destroy a team’s season after losing 2 games all year and advancing to the third round of the playoffs. Maybe their conference wasn’t very strong, but a one loss regular season should never be frowned upon.

Way to destroy a team’s season after losing 2 games all year and advancing to the third round of the playoffs. Maybe their conference wasn’t very strong, but a one loss regular season should never be frowned upon.
They beat one team with a winning record all season, that team being Olympic(8-4). They dropped us from their schedule to schedule 6-6 Independence. Yes 11 wins is a great accomplishment as is getting to the third round, but let's not pretend like AK is even in the same stratosphere as Weddington, CC, MP, Vance and others.

Reactions: btango
They beat one team with a winning record all season, that team being Olympic(8-4). They dropped us from their schedule to schedule 6-6 Independence. Yes 11 wins is a great accomplishment as is getting to the third round, but let's not pretend like AK is even in the same stratosphere as Weddington, CC, MP, Vance and others.
I get it. This AK was the best in recent memory. It would’ve been nice to see them play y’all. I think y’all would’ve beaten them.

I'm pretty sure KM-AK had a Home and Home scheduled.....AK wanted out, and I believe they basically found the Monroe replacement in our schedule for us.

They played AK this year who won 11 games. Are you referring to MP, Richmond, MC, Vance, or Butler as a top 4A team?
Yes, AK had a great year but I don't think anyone believed they had any shot at 4a west. There conference isn't very good, I think they are third or fourth place in SCC (a 3a conference). don't think they are top four in IMECK.

AK played us tighter than you did on both varsity and JV levels. In fact they beat us at JV, while we beat you 31-0 on JV. AK's JV group was legit and I think the upcoming group of kids there are going to surprise a lot of people. With that said, I think AK has a very promising future and they might just thump CC in a year or two if y'all meet.

AK was slightly better than average at best in 4A regardless of their record. They dropped Hough, Myes Park, and Catholic, to schedule Marvin Ridge, Indy, and Catawba Ridge (new Fort Mill school). I can see dropping Hough for MR as that is a nearby school and I would expect a much better gate game and no driving up I-77. If the coach feels it is better for the program I get it but I refuse to annoint a team as elite with those moves.

They made it to the third round with a first round conference champion bye and beat Indy by eight in a second round rematch. You cannot justify how good a team is by a simple look at the playoffs in NC's subdivided, week one bye structure.

AK played us tighter than you did on both varsity and JV levels.

That does not make them an elite 4A football team or a powerhouse. Not knocking AK. I think there is huge potential at AK!!!

If AK can keep the momentum going I would want to keep Weddington and MR on the schedule and add Catholic back to the non conference games. For the fourth and fifth game I would look at the Big Four privates and Myers Park. Those five games are huge for the athletic budget! I may go against MP as if both teams are good enough they will meet in the playoffs but with the gate and geography it is almost a must schedule game if both teams are solid.

AK played us tighter than you did on both varsity and JV levels. In fact they beat us at JV, while we beat you 31-0 on JV. AK's JV group was legit and I think the upcoming group of kids there are going to surprise a lot of people. With that said, I think AK has a very promising future and they might just thump CC in a year or two if y'all meet.
Man you post like someone who graduates from Weddington in 2023. That’s what they’ve said since they opened. We also shredded AK’s JVs in a scrimmage. Albeit it was preseason.

JV results dont always transfer to varsity for many reasons. Vance's JV has been below average for several years because they play a bunch of 9th and 10 graders on Varsity.

AK wont be beating Catholic anytime soon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT