ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington week 4

NICE, step on up big W, this is exactly the type of game I hoped they would play. Can only make them better, and if they win it......

Reactions: Crr1968
Yes. Catawba Ridge replaced Crest last year. My understanding is Weddington wanted to continue with Crest.

Loved playing Weddington. Burns moving to 2A caused a schedule shift for Crest. Burns moves up earlier in the schedule and left Crest with the open date at end of season. Weddington is such a well coached, disciplined team. You only get better playing teams like that. Weddington vs Vance is an awesome matchup.

Reactions: Crr1968
Loved playing Weddington. Burns moving to 2A caused a schedule shift for Crest. Burns moves up earlier in the schedule and left Crest with the open date at end of season. Weddington is such a well coached, disciplined team. You only get better playing teams like that. Weddington vs Vance is an awesome matchup.

True, but Crest played Weddington in Week 5 in 2017 and 2018. Burns moved into Crest’s former bye week (Week 3) last season. Freedom took Weddington’s spot on their schedule last season.

I believe that Coach Eddins was trying to find somebody for that late bye week and keep the bye in the earlier part of the year. That would of been the Weddington week. Don't know all the details but those games fell through. Not sure if Weddington had already filled the game or were waiting on Crest. May have been waiting on Crest and Crest went another direction. End up with Freedom in that spot.
Worked out well for Weddington with a matchup with Vance. Both teams will be excellent next year and this will be a monster game for the state.

Last edited:
I believe that Coach Eddins was trying to find somebody for that late bye week and keep the bye in the earlier part of the year. That would of been the Weddington week. Don't know all the details but those games fell through. Not sure if Weddington had already filled the game or were waiting on Crest. May have been waiting on Crest and Crest went another direction. End up with Freedom in that spot.
Worked out well for Weddington with a matchup with Vance. Both teams will be excellent next year and this will be a monster game for the state.

Had our conference bye been a week earlier, we could have kept the Crest game Week 11, just as a nonconference game. Instead the SWC stuck us with the last conference bye. We were at least able to play North Gaston nonconference to avoid having our bye the final week, although that was a glorified scrimmage which our QB missed due to a mild concussion suffered against RS Central the week before. Our head coach told me he wasn’t surprised we got that last bye since we were the new team. We were also stuck with it for eight years in a row in the old 7 team SWC 3A from 89-96.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT