ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington vs Providence Day

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Next Thursday Aug 22 Weddington opens up with Providence Day at Bank of America Stadium at 8pm. Providence Day won over Trinity Christian 55-8. Both teams are loaded.. Get the popcorn ready.
Any thoughts and who do you have.

Last edited:
This should be a good game between Weddington, an important transfer portal destination, and Providence Day, whose coach, Chad Greer, is a master recruiter with Providence Day being another popular transfer portal destination. Being Providence Day has played one game, I'd give a 3 point nod to the Chargers.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Glad this game is at 8pm, the weather should be great out there. I remember watching West Charlotte last season and the heat was unbearable.

This is off the subject, but it concerns HS football on TV, and I thought more people would see it here. If you're not interested, please skip it.

Tomorrow night (8-22-24) on one of the ESPN channels Grayson (GA) plays Thompson (AL). The most significant thing about that to me is the Thompson QB, Trent Seaborn, claims to have refused a 7 digit NIL offer. His reasons were he would have to transfer out of state because Alabama does not allow NIL for HS, and he didn't want any problems about money with teammates on his existing team, or any team he might transfer to. Pretty honorable to me, if true.

If this interests you, there is a lot of STUFF on Google and YouTube, if you search Thompson HS football or Trent Seaborn. You can decide for yourself what you believe, or you don't believe. One thing you can believe is last season when Seaborn was in the 8th grade he lead his team to a blow out win in the Alabama Class 7A Championship.

One other thing you might care about are the football facilities at Thompson HS. To me it's more the training facilities than the stadium. They are easily searched and are hard to believe, but there is video for proof. Where the $$$ come from is a mystery to me.

Hope being off the subject didn't mess up anybody's day.

Last edited:
Did we just watch a NC public high school football team, that pulls all players from its own school district, and pays no player a nickel, defeat an admitted all star team that pulls from wherever it wants and pays its players as much as $100,000 ?!

Providence Day is loaded. Amazing for a school that costs 32k a year to attend. Felt like they tried to be too fancy. You have the number 1 tackle , why split him out wide ? Too cute for an in experienced QB. Do simple things and win.
Weddington is very young offensively. Lost starting RB last night. Next guy up stepped right in. Offense will not overwhelm top teams but the defense front 7 will keep them in games.

Weddington Run game was the difference in slowing down the tempo and all

Man It was a lot of referee conferences and flags but all were good calls just slowed the flow of the game tho

Providence day will be fine I’m sure they got some great talent esp #0

Reactions: onioncfb
Providence Day is loaded. Amazing for a school that costs 32k a year to attend. Felt like they tried to be too fancy. You have the number 1 tackle , why split him out wide ? Too cute for an in experienced QB. Do simple things and win.
Weddington is very young offensively. Lost starting RB last night. Next guy up stepped right in. Offense will not overwhelm top teams but the defense front 7 will keep them in games.

Well that 32k is nothing with NIL and alumni footing the bill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT