ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington Vs Lee County - Battle of the Undefeateds

Serstylz2

Jan 8, 2006
Someone is going to lose their '0' and miss out on a state title.

Hard to find film on Lee County but I did find a highlight tape of a DE they have who is an animal. Weddington will have to have blocking schemes directed at him for sure. What's your verdict?

Someone is going to lose their '0' and miss out on a state title.

Hard to find film on Lee County but I did find a highlight tape of a DE they have who is an animal. Weddington will have to have blocking schemes directed at him for sure. What's your verdict?
Same old same old for Weddington.

Reactions: beamer24
This thread is dead in the water. Lee county has zero posters on ncpreps. This is the first thread I have seen all year about one of their games.

this is literally weddington/Charlotte metro talk amongst yourselves.

Lee County has been an underdog all season. Nothing has changed going into the Championship. They will be prepared to play on Saturday.

This thread is dead in the water. Lee county has zero posters on ncpreps. This is the first thread I have seen all year about one of their games.

this is literally weddington/Charlotte metro talk amongst yourselves.
Dead, huh? It got you piping in. So who cares if it’s only Weddington/Charlotte metro talk?

Once again, save us tax payers a few dollars and stop the weddington rampage and also this subdivision BS as another poster stated. Weddington has been a well known champion since they stomped Catholic.

Reactions: Crr1968
Just feel it
Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-Said-Meme.jpg

Once again, save us tax payers a few dollars and stop the weddington rampage and also this subdivision BS as another poster stated. Weddington has been a well known champion since they stomped Catholic.
hate to say it (BC we felt it hard), but I think we all know the above is true

Weddington wins but closer than what people are thinking. 24-14. Some serious talent on Lee County. Best team Weddington has faced.

Better than CC? NW Cabarrus was pretty good.

Yes...plus let's be honest. You guys will never be jacked as high as you were for CC. You guys will win but think there defense will give you an issue for a half until Capone makes adjustments.

Reactions: btango
Yes...plus let's be honest. You guys will never be jacked as high as you were for CC. You guys will win but think there defense will give you an issue for a half until Capone makes
They we’re jacked for CC for sure, as they were for NWC and Watauga. And I believe our defense will give Lee County issues as well. But I don’t know if they are better than CC.

I know Weddington has been rolling but I also saw where Lee County has a ESPN 300 top 10 DE. I'd lean more towards Weddington only because I know very little about Lee County

We 100% have to account for that DE. The only issue is I can only find his highlight tape and one whole game tape when they played Southern Alamance. I don't know who else to key on besides that DE until I watch the whole film. If anyone has the time, here it is for your viewing pleasure

Edit: here's the DE highlight reel

Last edited:
DE headed to UNC
DT headed to App State
CB headed to UNC

May be the best defense Weddington has faced all year

DE headed to UNC
DT headed to App State
CB headed to UNC

Maybe. But Charlotte Catholic’s defense isn’t chopped liver. On the other hand, Weddington’s defense is surely the best defense Lee County has faced.

DE headed to UNC
DT headed to App State
CB headed to UNC

I'm glad to hear this, winning by 35+ all playoffs isn't exactly nailbiting. I would like to see a game that goes into the 4th and either team could be victorious

Yes...plus let's be honest. You guys will never be jacked as high as you were for CC. You guys will win but think there defense will give you an issue for a half until Capone makes adjustments.
I think the Warriors will be jacked Saturday and start fast. This game is bigger than the CC game

I understand that Weddington may be the overwhelming favorite going into this game but Lee County cannot be slept on.
They three legitimate D1 players on the defensive side of the football in #10 Desmond Evans (UNC Commit), #1 Jayden Chalmers (UNC Commit), and #50 DeAndre Dingle Prince (App State Commit).

Evans is everything he has been touted to be by recruiting pundits. He's about 6'5' 230, quick, explosive and can play the run and rush the QB. Chalmers plays both ways at CB/WR and shadows the opposing teams best WR. On the other side of the ball he his extremely quick off the line and can easily beat press coverage. Lastly, from the games I have watched this year Prince is the best player on this defense. He has an Aaron Donald type of game being undersized, but he is extremely strong plays with great leverage and will absolutely destroy any chances of establishing a run game if not focused on.

The Offense runs through a duel threat QB Collin Johnson and AJ Boulware. Boulware possesses several D1 offers and is the definition of a home run hitter. He may not have the name of Shipley, but if he finds a crease he is hitting his head on the goal post for 6!

My Prediction- Lee County 35 Weddington 28

I understand that Weddington may be the overwhelming favorite going into this game but Lee County cannot be slept on.
They three legitimate D1 players on the defensive side of the football in #10 Desmond Evans (UNC Commit), #1 Jayden Chalmers (UNC Commit), and #50 DeAndre Dingle Prince (App State Commit).

Evans is everything he has been touted to be by recruiting pundits. He's about 6'5' 230, quick, explosive and can play the run and rush the QB. Chalmers plays both ways at CB/WR and shadows the opposing teams best WR. On the other side of the ball he his extremely quick off the line and can easily beat press coverage. Lastly, from the games I have watched this year Prince is the best player on this defense. He has an Aaron Donald type of game being undersized, but he is extremely strong plays with great leverage and will absolutely destroy any chances of establishing a run game if not focused on.

The Offense runs through a duel threat QB Collin Johnson and AJ Boulware. Boulware possesses several D1 offers and is the definition of a home run hitter. He may not have the name of Shipley, but if he finds a crease he is hitting his head on the goal post for 6!

My Prediction- Lee County 35 Weddington 28
I’d be very surprised if Lee County scores anywhere near 35 points. But anything can happen, right?

Last edited:
We 100% have to account for that DE. The only issue is I can only find his highlight tape and one whole game tape when they played Southern Alamance. I don't know who else to key on besides that DE until I watch the whole film. If anyone has the time, here it is for your viewing pleasure

Edit: here's the DE highlight reel

He stands straight up coming off the line, cut block him and he will start worrying about his knees more than making a tackle.

Offenses are even. Gotta go with Weddington. Tougher defense, tougher schedule, tougher conference. I hope Lee County PROVES ME WRONG!!!

Weddington 28, Lee County 14.

I can remember way back when Lee County was known as Sanford Central. Scotland fans won't want to hear this but back then Lee County was THE arch rival of Richmond County. Sanford Central won a state title in the mid 70s in 4A and lost in the state final a year later. They really were a regional and state power back then. But they kind of dropped off in the 80s and have been pretty average since then. It's good to see them doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT