ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Hibriten

DEER0526

Dec 21, 2017
Only saw scores in first week. Anybody have any info on those first games?

Hibriten looked good against a probably bad Bunker Hill team. West got beat by East Burke so probably going to be a long night for the gamewell faithful.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Panthers scored at will early and often against Bunker Hill.... Offense will be explosive in conference and defense should have enough size and speed to stop conference foes..... It was 23-0 against Bunker Hill with about 3 minutes left in 1st quarter, 37-0 at half and 50-0 before Bunker Hill scored twice against backups late in 4th...

Prediction this week more of the same.... 47-8 Hibriten

West Caldwell should of beaten East Burke but a Break down in the O line leading to sacks knocked the Warriors out of the game in the 4th but dont be fooled bc West Caldwell has some speed and a QB who throw 2 TD passes on the night. I think WC is much improved but Ofc Hibriten will stay Hibriten

Hibriten 35 WC 13

• Haha
Reactions: WC-Warriors
West Caldwell should of beaten East Burke but a Break down in the O line leading to sacks knocked the Warriors out of the game in the 4th but dont be fooled bc West Caldwell has some speed and a QB who throw 2 TD passes on the night. I think WC is much improved but Ofc Hibriten will stay Hibriten

Hibriten 35 WC 13
A QB 🤣

you did not see them this week tough team this week!!

appreciate it. I said that out of frustration, I’m an alum and love my Cavs. We just hadn’t had much to cheer bout lately. They are excited bout this new coach and are coming into their own.

Ugly. 62-6
What happened Beam? Hibriten just being Hibriten or is West in a rough way? EB had a lot of sacks last week in that ugly win so maybe the EB Hibriten game will be closer as I can tell the Cavs are getting alittle better every day

What happened Beam? Hibriten just being Hibriten or is West in a rough way? EB had a lot of sacks last week in that ugly win so maybe the EB Hibriten game will be closer as I can tell the Cavs are getting alittle better every day
A little bit of both... Panthers ran the opening kickoff back for a TD then on ensuing possession got a safety as West snapped ball over punter’s head!!! Got worse after that, was 25-0 at end of 1st quarter and 55-0 before half.... Panthers D put ALOT of pressure on West and their QB all night.... I will say Hibriten’s offense did struggle at times to move ball against West’s D

Reactions: beamer24
Lot of the points hhs scored in 1st half where due to big mistakes. WC couldn't do hardly anything right in the first 2 quarters. It was ugly. We only gave up 1 td in 2nd half after getting slammed in 1st half, with hhs starters not being pulled till 4-5 mins left that's some kinda accomplishment. We did stop them on downs twice. Special teams did most of the damage for us. Hhs had tons of really short field opportunities due to mistakes. Their O looked a little rusty. Our new coach needs to use his talent. It's nothing but this new qb. Got a kid who lead the team in rushing last year and most everything for the team has only got 7 touches in 2 games. I've read several times Simmons had this problem at West Iredell. Needs to STOP!

Lot of the points hhs scored in 1st half where due to big mistakes. WC couldn't do hardly anything right in the first 2 quarters. It was ugly. We only gave up 1 td in 2nd half after getting slammed in 1st half, with hhs starters not being pulled till 4-5 mins left that's some kinda accomplishment. We did stop them on downs twice. Special teams did most of the damage for us. Hhs had tons of really short field opportunities due to mistakes. Their O looked a little rusty. Our new coach needs to use his talent. It's nothing but this new qb. Got a kid who lead the team in rushing last year and most everything for the team has only got 7 touches in 2 games. I've read several times Simmons had this problem at West Iredell. Needs to STOP!

it’s frustrating anda lot of times political. Booster club kids vs talent no parents in on the click

Thank you Deer. Glad to see somebody else see's this.
This isnt shocking new....When he was HC of West Iredell I always heard player say He had favorites and does everything he can for them. Now Jaylend is a Good QB so i cant take away his skill but With him being from WIHS and all im sure the coach going try give him every chance....... Gotta run the ball too sometimes. Pass game can only be as good as your run game is.

I was never a FAN of the coach at WI because I felt even those he went 16-19 overall at WI. He should done way better with the talent he had at WI.

Reactions: WC-Warriors
I think Hibriten's O was out of sync because the starting QB didn't play the 1st qt and there were so many big plays by the defense Hibriten never really got I a rhythm. This conference is bad and that will hurt us in the playoffs but it is what it is. I'm not a fan of West by no stretch of the imagination but I hope for the kids sake they can at least be competitive.

Reactions: strikerHHS
I saw East Burke on Football Friday Night..... looks like they running the single wing, did I see that right?

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I’m not sure what they run but it worked. Mighta been a fair team vs an out of sync team

I think Hibriten's O was out of sync because the starting QB didn't play the 1st qt and there were so many big plays by the defense Hibriten never really got I a rhythm. This conference is bad and that will hurt us in the playoffs but it is what it is. I'm not a fan of West by no stretch of the imagination but I hope for the kids sake they can at least be competitive.

“I’m not a fan of West by no stretch of the imagination ...”

YES!! x1000 (though i hope they stay down FOREVER 🙂)

Absolutely DRUBBING them 284-13 over the past 6 years or so + the “crown jewel” game of 2009 (70 spot on the scoreboard with a running clock) almost takes the bitterness out of my mouth from the 2002 season 🙂 ... i’m not ready to talk about it, too soon.

LOL we couldn’t even “fully” enjoy winning the conference basketball title (regular season, regular season champ > tourney champ) because those took 2 of 3 from us on the court. Ha I wanted that sooo bad ...—would’ve been sweet.

I didn’t earn “most school spirited” for nothing. These colors don’t run, baby! Go Panthers! Go whoever’s playing West!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah that young man needs to straighten up. Lucky it was just 1 quarter.

I saw East Burke on Football Friday Night..... looks like they running the single wing, did I see that right?

Many of their plays were straight out of single wing 101. I'm sure Coach Minor has figured out his talent, for this year for sure, and is putting those kids in the best scenario possible. I watched a quarter and a half though NFHS and the played disciplined and with a purpose.

For real??? Show me the layout, dang that’s pretty cool. I’m assuming that’s with North out and back in 3 small A? ....that’s a bummer

Yep...East Burke, Lincolnton, West Lincoln, Newton-Conover, Maiden, Bunker Hill, Bandys and West Caldwell. Patton was inexplicably left out and will be going in with the Rutherford County schools, Polk County, Hendersonville and Brevard. Ridiculous.

Yep...East Burke, Lincolnton, West Lincoln, Newton-Conover, Maiden, Bunker Hill, Bandys and West Caldwell. Patton was inexplicably left out and will be going in with the Rutherford County schools, Polk County, Hendersonville and Brevard. Ridiculous.

No Joke. I mean, they had Patton in some weird spots throughout the selection process. One of the early draft proposals had them in a conf with Madison, Owen, Mountain Heritage, and Mitchell, etc. — head scratcher.

No Joke. I mean, they had Patton in some weird spots throughout the selection process. One of the early draft proposals had them in a conf with Madison, Owen, Mountain Heritage, and Mitchell, etc. — head scratcher.
That’s where Draughn is going. West Caldwell was also in that draft. But Rosman didn’t want to be one of only two 1A schools in the conference with Rutherford County/Hendersonville/Polk. That’s how Thomas Jefferson ended up in our conference. And all four Burke County schools will be in a different conference.

NCHSAA — Conference 45

Bandys, Bunker Hill, East Burke, Lincolnton, Maiden, Newton-Conover, West Caldwell, West Lincoln
This conference itself - I think East Burke can hang with Bandys, Bunker Hill, West Caldwell and West Lincoln and all should be good games , Lincolnton is unknow bc i think they are still DOWN but getting better so they will be in the mix but I think Maiden n N-C should RUN this conference imo esp in Football, Other sports may vary.

That’s where Draughn is going. All four Burke County schools will be in a different conference.
Correct, Patton n Draughn got screwed.... Patton i can see why their in mountain conference but they should be in the like Alexander/Watuaga one. also Draughn should be in the Statesville, EL conference imo

That’s where Draughn is going. West Caldwell was also in that draft. But Rosman didn’t want to be one of only two 1A schools in the conference with Rutherford County/Hendersonville/Polk conference. That’s how Thomas Jefferson ended up in our conference. And all four Burke County schools will be in a different conference.

Are you kidding me? You’d think one phone call to Raleigh from the Burke County Superintendent would’ve fixed that to some degree — kept some of the group intact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT