ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early Predictions

Maybe martin should have transferred to murphy, look how well it’s working out for his sister

Tarboro will have a dominating run in the East but if they continue to run that same cover 3 defense, any team with a good passing attack will kill them on defense

Wood and rathburn should be a force to reckon with, rathburn has great after contact abilities, and wood might be the fastest running back in the conference, but experience for him will be a problem. I’m not sure at what robbinsville is bringing back besides hooper and there quarterback, and then let’s just say... bad year to be a swain fan.. i do hope martin does good this year, the kid has a lot of potential, but being at andrews hurts him.

Wood and rathburn should be a force to reckon with, rathburn has great after contact abilities, and wood might be the fastest running back in the conference, but experience for him will be a problem. I’m not sure at what robbinsville is bringing back besides hooper and there quarterback, and then let’s just say... bad year to be a swain fan.. i do hope martin does good this year, the kid has a lot of potential, but being at andrews hurts him.
Hooper will hands-down be the bet back in the conference, he has so much more experience than the other kids along with a stout line. I think he's going to shine this year as the main cog in the wheel. I don't know much about the McClure kid that MBD Fan mentioned. I have seen him play, but nothing gave me the impression that he would be the "best back" in the conference, line or not. Rathburn at Murpy will be the "best fullback" in the conference, he runs hard and is experienced too. Wood is definitely fast. Saw him place at the 1A/2A combine indoor track meet in the 55m dash. Not much experience though. Swain will have Greinwold as a feature this season and I think he will be very good. Combined with their QB, the combo may be better than Sain and the QB were (Sain and the QB were too much alike). Martin at Andrews is a tough kid. He'll do fine at Andrews, there is plenty of size to block for him … especially starting his junior season. Looking forward to another great season.

I think #17 Blevins could do some good things at Robbinsville as a starter or backup to Hooper and Williams.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Robbinsvilles line will be better this year than it was last year with the addition of 88 and 55 stepping into the vacancies left.

Omg here comes Hayesville..how many years do we hear this garbage.?
What garbage? You were acting like u didn’t know who the 3rd leading rusher in the conference from last year was. I was just giving the Knights the acknowledgement y’all were looking for. Didn’t say Hayesville would do anything next year. I have figured I need to type slower for you and BK!!!

What garbage? You were acting like u didn’t know who the 3rd leading rusher in the conference from last year was. I was just giving the Knights the acknowledgement y’all were looking for. Didn’t say Hayesville would do anything next year. I have figured I need to type slower for you and BK!!!
No idea who the 3rd leading rusher was..I do know that Hayesville played the elite defenses of Towns County, Copper Basin, Tellico Plains, Lookout Valley and North Georgia. Even after the cupcake teams I dont think he was the 3rd leading rusher.

No idea who the 3rd leading rusher was..I do know that Hayesville played the elite defenses of Towns County, Copper Basin, Tellico Plains, Lookout Valley and North Georgia.
Well I see you keep up with the SMC enough to be an expert on all the matters at hand! Please enlighten us on all your football knowledge!

Hayesville always has at least 1 or 2 stud skill people every year, that hasn't and probably never will be their problem. A skill group of H McClure, B McClure, McTaggart, Ivester, Gillis and Lunsford will be as good as any in the conference. They lack the QB, line play and culture to make it happen.

Reactions: recycled2
Hayesville always has at least 1 or 2 stud skill people every year, that hasn't and probably never will be their problem. A skill group of H McClure, B McClure, McTaggart, Ivester, Gillis and Lunsford will be as good as any in the conference. They lack the QB, line play and culture to make it happen.
McClure is working hard to change the culture in Hayesville which was depleted early in the 2010’s. When Dockery was head coach he sparked more interest than Hayesville had seen in years. Although the chips didn’t fall his way and injuries plagued his tenure. I hope Hayesville can become a respectable program like it has been before, I believe we might surprise some people this year!

No idea who the 3rd leading rusher was..I do know that Hayesville played the elite defenses of Towns County, Copper Basin, Tellico Plains, Lookout Valley and North Georgia. Even after the cupcake teams I dont think he was the 3rd leading rusher.
Regular season he was. Hooper surpassed him in the playoffs. He actually averaged more yards a game against conference opponents than non conference.

Regular season he was. Hooper surpassed him in the playoffs. He actually averaged more yards a game against conference opponents than non conference.
The kid is a very good back.. Any team in the conference would love to have him.
I don't doubt that he averaged more yards in conference play..He only played against Robbinsvilles, Murphys, and Swains starting defense for 1 qrt..Those games were blowouts.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The kid is a very good back.. Any team in the conference would love to have him.
I don't doubt that he averaged more yards in conference play..He only played against Robbinsvilles, Murphys, and Swains starting defense for 1 qrt..Those games were blowouts.
You really think Dee, David and Neil would pull their 1st defense against and team in 1st qtr? That is fine I will take your word for it!

You really think Dee, David and Neil would pull their 1st defense against and team in 1st qtr? That is fine I will take your word for it!
For the Murphy game, it was in the 3rd quarter for some and 4th for all. No idea what stats were.

In the Robbinsville game the score was 28-0 midway through the 1st qrt...yes lots of starters were pulled.

McClure got banged up against Murphy all his yards came in the first 2.5 quarters against starters, he had 107 yards and had two second quarter touchdowns.

To add another conference to the mix, what is the Northwest 1A gonna look like? Is East Surry going to decline this year? What will Mount Airy look like? Will any of the Stokes' be good?

Reactions: sbbbfan
How dare you mention anything other than the mighty SMC
Sorry thought this was an open forum!! Please tell us SMC guys what you would like for us to discuss. If you want to talk about your team go right ahead. A Tarboro fan talked about them follow suit there smart guy talk about your team!!

I think Robbinsville will have another good team and SHOULD finish top 2 in the conference. But they have more questions marks then their fans seem to think. Its not going to be easy to replace Anderson. He was their best player on both sides of the ball. Can Hooper be as effective with all eyes on him? They do not have another running back with much experience outside of mop up time. They are not going to plug in a freshman and their 2 headed attack continue like last year.

East returns two very very good players in DE Washington, Tenn commit, and Junior OLB Benj Gosnell. Both will be dominate in 1-A. Also two very good OL junior Sam Whitt and senior McKenzie Baker, both over 260 and strong! Plus skill players Bullington, Armstrong, and Needham. They will be very good!! Mt Airy COULD challenge but... Prep has GREAT speed and athleticism with Stewart, Peterson, and Davis. A running back/ receiver, a quarterback, and a defensive end!!

How many schools have East in there name? I have no ideal who you speak of.

Sorry thought this was an open forum!! Please tell us SMC guys what you would like for us to discuss. If you want to talk about your team go right ahead. A Tarboro fan talked about them follow suit there smart guy talk about your team!!

Oh lighten up Willis

East Surry Cardinals, 1-AA, Pilot Mountain, NC. Northwest 1-A Conference: North Stokes, South Stokes, Bishop McGuinness, Mount Airy, Winston Salem Prep, and East Surry

To add another conference into the mix and the first 1A/2A on here, what is everyone's thoughts about the Western Highlands Conference this upcoming season? I know we have posters from every school in our conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT