ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early 2019 Pre-Season 1A Top 10

Dude the murphy faithful are scared to death of Tarboro everybody knows that. They like getting to play schools half their size, why else would they put the geeks in EC and the delinquents in the alternative school, so they don't have to count them.
Good lord who woke this guy up? Please go back to sleep!!!!

Wrong again CLOWN! Murphy won a 2a title in 1974 (and a western region 2a title in 1970 when that was as far as the playoffs went), and four 1a titles before there was even a 1aa. SWO was in a couple of those 1a brackets that Murphy steamrolled in the late 80s/early 90s. Ouch! Again, Murphy has room on the schedule next year. Come on down and play them slow white boys!

LoL your talking about 40 years ago clown. Get a grip on reality. No Jacksonville isn't huge, I went to school there late 70's and my sons played there late 90s and early 2000s. I currently live in Raleigh NC. Again mnt football is totally different brand of football compared to the intercity ball. No one wants to play little old Murphy calm down. You act like they are world beaters. They play down 1a every year with huge numbers, it's not behind closed doors now. It's out in the open, hopefully will get caught soon. 1aa seems to be to tough now for you clowns. Tarboro would curb stomp Murphy by 60 and laughing

Reactions: rville20
Lol whatever clown. Go back to the traveling circus and leave the football talk to people who know what they are talking about. All Tarboro, SWO, or anyone else has to do is pick up the phone. There are openings on the schedule. Let’s find out! Talk is cheap.

LoL okay beacuse that's reasonable clown??????? What in the world are you speaking on. No one I repeat no one is scared of little old Murphy or want to play little old Murphy from the beach. Are you drunk or just that delouisal..... SWO or tarboro would curb stomp Murphy every night or the week clown. Oh and btw you have no idea what you speaking on, bringing up titles from the 70s lol but carry on team dad. Murphy is a joke an 1a ball is a joke clown

I really think its hilarious how many people love to hate on Murphy. It is amazing to me how many people spend so much time dwelling on little ole Murphy. I understand some people from rival schools talking smack and raising a fuss but little old men from over halfway across the state. That's just crazy. The real crazy thing is that they are really mad, furious even and ready to fight over a highschool FB team. I can honestly say if it was swo or someone else winning Championships instead of Murphy I would not loose a minutes sleep or a second of time worrying about it. I guess it's just par for the course, anyone or any team that does as well as Murphy has for so long will have their haters. I mean it is going on half a century of having great success. I honestly hope we continue to get hated on because all it means to me is that our kids and our coaching staff are doing just exactly what they need to do to stay on the top of their game. The program is obviously on the minds of folks from every corner of the state. Seems to me that in the eye of a lot of fans Murphy is the gold standard of success in which a lot of fans seem to measure their own teams success. The evidence of that to me lies in the fact that all these folks from all over the state want to claim how badly their team would beat Murphy. But at the end of the day the fact is Murphy can barely find enough teams each year willing to play them to fill the schedule and some of the teams that have to play Murphy spend most of their time complaining about having to and it has been that way for 25 years that I have known of. So keep on hating folks and our boys and coaches will keep doing what they have been doing for many, many years now.

Reactions: mbdfan and Gps62
Now, now uncle Rico they taught you better manners than that in the little trailer and I know they taught or tried I guess I should say how to divide by two.

Lol whatever clown. Go back to the traveling circus and leave the football talk to people who know what they are talking about. All Tarboro, SWO, or anyone else has to do is pick up the phone. There are openings on the schedule. Let’s find out! Talk is cheap.
Just stop. That sounds great until you put the financials and logistics of traveling over 6 hours into perspective. No one in Tarboro has any interest in Murphy. The 2019 season opener 15 minutes up the road against 3A Rocky Mount is a lot more interesting to Viking fans. I think we opened 2017 against Plymouth the year after they lost to Murphy 15-14 in the 1A title game and won 1A the year before. Tarboro 49-7 in a boat race. It's kind of cute that you can get trolled though by a guy that associates himself with a 2A school get you all worked up about a game that will never happen. You won the 1A championship and that's something to be proud of. Why you keep getting hooked into talking about Tarboro is the part that makes no sense. Just remember what a smart dog says. When the big dog is around, stay on the porch.

I think we opened 2017 against Plymouth the year after they lost to Murphy 15-14 in the 1A title game and won 1A the year before. Tarboro 49-7 in a boat race
Not sure what that has to do with anything considering the 2017 Plymouth team had lost 7 starters on defense, including their top 6 tacklers, as well as their top two rushers on offense from the team that played Murphy in 2016.

But for the record Murphy dominated Plymouth in that game despite the scoreline. And that was with Murphy's star QB playing almost the whole game with a cut up hand (that ended up requiring a bunch of stitches) that really limited Murphy's passing game and a couple unforced turnovers while Plymouth had no turnovers.

Total yardage was 412 to 144 in favor of Murphy, Murphy held Plymouth to 88 yards rushing on 33 carries and 1-6 passing, the one completion accounted for almost 1/2 their total yardage.

Not trying to discredit Plymouth program, because they gave Murphy all they wanted and then some in 2012 (which they won) and again in 2013. But talent wise the two teams were not close in 2016.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62
Not trying to discredit Plymouth program, because they gave Murphy all they wanted and then some in 2012 (which they won) and again in 2013. But talent wise the two teams were not close in 2016.
Since you brought it up...that program has seriously fallen from grace. After changing their name to Washington County, they look nothing like the Plymouth Vikings now. Coach Cody resigned in August and the old Creswell coach took over.

Reactions: mbdfan
Since you brought it up...that program has seriously fallen from grace. After changing their name to Washington County, they look nothing like the Plymouth Vikings now. Coach Cody resigned in August and the old Creswell coach took over.
Yeah losing Coach Cody was a huge loss, it seems like they were entering a bit of a down cycle talent level wise even before the consolidation into Washington County though.

Maybe they can get back on track in the future, I know there's plenty of talented athletes in that county but the ever decreasing population there may mean their talent will run in cycles moving forward, as opposed to the sustained success they had most of the last decade as Plymouth .

Yeah losing Coach Cody was a huge loss, it seems like they were entering a bit of a down cycle talent level wise even before the consolidation into Washington County though.

Maybe they can get back on track in the future, I know there's plenty of talented athletes in that county but the ever decreasing population there may mean their talent will run in cycles moving forward, as opposed to the sustained success they had most of the last decade as Plymouth .
Last I heard, his wife was battling cancer. Some things are more important than a game.

Reactions: mbdfan
i can’t believe people up here being racist , murphy has had great players over the years white and black , no one has time for that stuff man .

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'm not in anything but my lazy boy enjoying my evening. You don't know anything about what would happen between the two teams. The fact that you put ANY stock into the computer's algorithm ,much less as MUCH as you do just tells me that you don't know anything about anything. Much less sports, because any true fan with any knowledge puts no stock into that silly stuff. The fact that you dont realize that the algorithm you are basing your theory on and are so proud of is the same one that claimed TJ was the number one seed is pretty sad. If all I had to state on here was what a computer told me I would cancel my membership. Fact is you don't know for sure what would happen if they played. Neither do I. Until I see this years Murphy team get beat by 28 by Tarboro, I will never believe it. Since that will never happen, then I will never believe it. You can run your algorithm all you want if you like though. You were thumping your chest about how bad Tarboro would beat Murphy, for what reason I dont know. I disagreed and you aren't big enough to handle it. Grow up and get over it, or dont. I could not care less.
Very well said!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
I really think its hilarious how many people love to hate on Murphy. It is amazing to me how many people spend so much time dwelling on little ole Murphy. I understand some people from rival schools talking smack and raising a fuss but little old men from over halfway across the state. That's just crazy. The real crazy thing is that they are really mad, furious even and ready to fight over a highschool FB team. I can honestly say if it was swo or someone else winning Championships instead of Murphy I would not loose a minutes sleep or a second of time worrying about it. I guess it's just par for the course, anyone or any team that does as well as Murphy has for so long will have their haters. I mean it is going on half a century of having great success. I honestly hope we continue to get hated on because all it means to me is that our kids and our coaching staff are doing just exactly what they need to do to stay on the top of their game. The program is obviously on the minds of folks from every corner of the state. Seems to me that in the eye of a lot of fans Murphy is the gold standard of success in which a lot of fans seem to measure their own teams success. The evidence of that to me lies in the fact that all these folks from all over the state want to claim how badly their team would beat Murphy. But at the end of the day the fact is Murphy can barely find enough teams each year willing to play them to fill the schedule and some of the teams that have to play Murphy spend most of their time complaining about having to and it has been that way for 25 years that I have known of. So keep on hating folks and our boys and coaches will keep doing what they have been doing for many, many years now.
This is so true. I have worked in Graham County all my life and I just assumed this was a conference hate thing with Murphy. Boy was I wrong. A few weeks back I was given the opportunity to work in Buncombe,Henderson,Polk, Haywood,Madison, Rutherford Catawba and Avery Counties. Everyone finds out where I'm from and then they wanna talk football. The FIRST thing people bring up is how Murphy cheats the system. I tell folks Murphy just plays where they are placed but man I didn't realize it was a statewide sentiment of how people feel about the Bulldogs. Folks throughout the state really feel like the program is a cheat. Not really fair to Murphy or the SMC.

Reactions: rville20
This is so true. I have worked in Graham County all my life and I just assumed this was a conference hate thing with Murphy. Boy was I wrong. A few weeks back I was given the opportunity to work in Buncombe,Henderson,Polk, Haywood,Madison, Rutherford Catawba and Avery Counties. Everyone finds out where I'm from and then they wanna talk football. The FIRST thing people bring up is how Murphy cheats the system. I tell folks Murphy just plays where they are placed but man I didn't realize it was a statewide sentiment of how people feel about the Bulldogs. Folks throughout the state really feel like the program is a cheat. Not really fair to Murphy or the SMC.
It's been going on one way or the other since the 70's, FACT

It's been going on one way or the other since the 70's, FACT
Coming from the village idiot who’s majority or championships are a result of P&J. Sit down child and let the adults talk.

Why the hell did this thread fall in to what I’ve read the last few pages?! It’s 2019 people. Act like you have at least some level of mental capacity that knows skin color doesn’t matter. As for Murphy and where they play in the playoffs I could care less. They’re the 2018 champions so I’ll enjoy knowing that and keep laughing at the children on here whining because they aren’t the biggest kid in the sandbox.

Oh, and as for SWO pony, my friend your school lost to East Duplin. Lol I’ll just end there.

Now if you need a little history lesson on the East side of the state here it is. In 1A ball the east has never been able to compete with the west, I think that is why the state put the 1A schools in the classification with the 1AA schools. Sure the east would win a ship every now and then, but nothing like the west. When Tarboro figured out how murphy was rigging the system they started doing the same thing with EC and what ever else they had to do to get away from Wallace Rose Hill, because they couldn't beat them. Now the east has a power 2A team playing 1AA ( Tarboro) and murphy wants no part of that, because they know what an advantage they have had by rigging the system all these years. Now with the schools all playing down a classification, (trophy hunting) it still isn't fair for the true smaller schools that don't play down.

You without a doubt ain't old enough to remember the 70's when murphy claimed a travel hardship while they were 2A so they could play 1A, and the state said ok but they couldn't go to the playoffs every other year. Then comes the late 80's and 90's when all 1A schools were classed together, so murphy was put in that group with Graham, Thomasville and the rest of what we call 1AA today. The SMC (except for Swain which has my respect) was out maned with this size schools all playing for the state ship, R'ville didn't win a ship but didn't complain through the early 2000s we just played football. When the 1A 1AA split came about murphy started the EC and delinquent school (off campus) so they wouldn't have to count those students, so they would be classified to play with the 1A schools even though none of the EC or the delinquent school kids were allowed to play football. So you see these are the facts murphy has cheated the system since the 70's trying to beat the record of state ships that R'ville has earned Honestly.
You were not even born in 1970. You graduated in 94 or 95. You are so full of it.

You were not even born in 1970. You graduated in 94 or 95. You are so full of it.
You need to listen to some of the old timers instead of thumping your chest when murphy beats a school half their size. The state started all this in the 70's by letting murphy play down a classification. The state should clean this mess up by having ALL schools count the students that are in their districts whether they go to the EC the delinquent school or the public school. Of coarse R'ville has an EC and a delinquent school, those students are counted as part of RHS just like the rest of the students. I assume Swain has the same and count theirs just like R'ville does. murphy chooses not to count them so they can play down a classification, that's why everyone in the state knows murphy cheats the system.

Reactions: DeadpoolX
We won a 2a state championship in the 70s, we played down for 2 years with a travel hardship in the 90s. It cost us a state championship I'm sure you and the old timers remember because we thumped your state champions by 40 that year.

Talk about hearsay and fake news , because an old timer told you . Post facts or dont post at all rvillle20 .

At this point your just posting lies to fit your agenda

Reactions: Gps62 and mbdfan
So now Tarboro is also corrupt? Guys...you cant make this up. So far I have seen Murphy, Mitchell, Mt. Airy, and Tarboro all called out for manipulating the system. Anyone see a common denominator in these schools? Win long enough, it cant be due to tradition, work ethic, steady coaching, time, dedication...no no its because youre a cheater. A very typical pansy, snowflake attitude. If you are teaching your sons and daughters this mentality they have a long road ahead of them. Success means corruption.

I dont know why Mitchell has to be drug into this nonsense. They have won 0 titles, and only have had recent success. Yeah they have an early college, that is combined with Avery and Yancey Counties, and the actual building is in Avery County. Also, yeah they have moved down to 1a, after being a 3aa sized school when it opened in 1975. We cant help our population is dwindling, it breaks my heart to see only 490 students pass thru those halls. And FYI, Mitchell has had more success as a 1aa team than 1a.

Now if you need a little history lesson on the East side of the state here it is. In 1A ball the east has never been able to compete with the west, I think that is why the state put the 1A schools in the classification with the 1AA schools. Sure the east would win a ship every now and then, but nothing like the west. When Tarboro figured out how murphy was rigging the system they started doing the same thing with EC and what ever else they had to do to get away from Wallace Rose Hill, because they couldn't beat them. Now the east has a power 2A team playing 1AA ( Tarboro) and murphy wants no part of that, because they know what an advantage they have had by rigging the system all these years. Now with the schools all playing down a classification, (trophy hunting) it still isn't fair for the true smaller schools that don't play down.
This is delusional. If you played in 5 straight 2A championships as Tarboro did, why would you ever want to drop to 1A so you can dominate weaker opponents?

I will tell you this ,I dont know how hard other schools work, I do know how hard we work as a staff and our kids ,I do know when other kids transfer in they cannot make it through our advance PE ,and weight training.

Reactions: Gps62 and dogman35
Is the early college on the same campus as Murphy. If not then all this talk is irrelevant

Is the early college on the same campus as Murphy. If not then all this talk is irrelevant
And takes kids from Clay County (Hayesville) also! But good luck trying to talk to the bumbling idiots that can’t understand that! Also the alternative school takes kids from all the counties 3 High Schools and has its own campus about 10 miles away (closer to Andrews than Murphy)!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
So it basically does the same thing as the Midget football program. Bottom line is that the Midgets have benefited for decades on having an advantage over 1A schools. You can scream at the sky, find your safe place etc...... You have been exposed and like I said before, the only people who think Murphy is a legit program are in Murphy. If you doubt that show up in Greensboro this summer. Sit back and listen to all of the coaches and attendees laugh and joke about how the system is manipulated by Murphy. See how many times "Murphy Math" comes up. Sorry to rain on your parade but it's high time some of the arrogant fans are brought back to reality.
I have stated before I am not a Murphy fan!! I am from Hayesville and the only place I see or hear this accusation in on NC Preps. I am at Greensboro every year, multiple times a year! Talk to coaches from all over the state not once has that been said. I attend the NCFCA and not once have I heard it there! So try again. Don’t worry though rville20 believes you!!!! :D

The only reason I even acknowledge your post is because this directly affects the kids in that program that have done nothing wrong or to you for that matter! You try to take away from their hard work and dedication to success. Regardless if there is wrong doing your still talking about kids! Yes they do read this, our kids in Hayesville read this! So basically a grown man hiding behind a computer screen is jealous of kids success. That is pitiful that you would do that. No matter how big the school those kids still have to work and win to achieve what they have done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62 and smcdom123
Does anyone know the number of schools that move up to play in a higher division in the playoffs?

Like I have been saying, the ONLY place in the state of NC where anyone thinks the Midget titles are legit is Murphy. I travel throughout the state for work and know it's a topic that is discussed very often. Will be interesting to see if they are allowed to continue their "counting" process in the future when the NCHSAA has turnover in the administration.

Hahahaha right. Considering I travel the state assessing State capital and IT for the state budget, and have on numerous occasions said I’m from Murphy and the only comments I have received consist of how Murphy is a great program, you my friend are simply full of it lol. It will be interesting to see what unintelligent post you come up with next.

This is enough of this nonsense, move onto topic of discussion or I will lock this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT