ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early 2019 Pre-Season 1A Top 10

No disrespect to tarboro, I know they had a really good team this year. But I just dont see them beating this years Murphy team by 28. We will never know so I'm not going to argue. I think a Murphy vs Tarboro game this year would have been a good game. I do not believe they were 4 TDs better.
With all do respect and good sportmanship Murphy would have got blown out by Tarboro. Tarboro shut down an undefeated Pamlico earlier this year and Pamlico scored right many points against Murphy. Murphy relied heavily on that fullback i think his name was KJ something but he wasnt going to run on that Tarboro defense. Tarboro 60- Murphy -7

With all do respect and good sportmanship Murphy would have got blown out by Tarboro. Tarboro shut down an undefeated Pamlico earlier this year and Pamlico scored right many points against Murphy. Murphy relied heavily on that fullback i think his name was KJ something but he wasnt going to run on that Tarboro defense. Tarboro 60- Murphy -7

27782a2233dcfe7cc9d580b20c4ff9e1.jpg

Saying "with all due respect" doesn't cover up for any disrespectful thing you want to say.Tarboro would win, probably by a few touchdowns, but to say by 50+ is absurd.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Wasn't it great back in the day when the NCHSAA crowned only 4 champions with 1 in each classification which made these type of discussions unnecessary!

For the record, I don't think that Tarboro would beat Murphy by 50 points either....That's just silly to make those type of assertions regardless of how bad the Vikings beat Pamlico County earlier in the season......

No disrespect to Tarboro, but come on Man!

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I dont think its absurd they dropped 50 on East Surry. North Stanly was better than Murphy and North Stanly had of the best backs in the state with DJ RHONE AND CAM DAVIS. I dont know why Murphy fans feel like they can hang with Tarboro. Tarboro is on a different level and refusing to recognize that is another reason they keep winning like they do because of all the non believers in Tarboros program.

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
What makes you say North Stanly was better than Murphy? They didn't play, and Murphy won their matchup last year. Tarboro may have hung 50 on East Surry, but Murphy put 49 on East Surry when they played in the 3rd round last year. Don't think Murphy would win, but you are basically saying Tarboro would've beaten a 13-1 state champ worse than they beat 4-8 Washington County.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
No disrespect but you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.

Wasn't it great back in the day when the NCHSAA crowned only 4 champions with 1 in each classification which made these type of discussions unnecessary!

For the record, I don't think that Tarboro would beat Murphy by 50 points either....That's just silly to make those type of assertions regardless of how bad the Vikings beat Pamlico County earlier in the season......

No disrespect to Tarboro, but come on Man!
I am a big Tarboro fan and I said 28 points earlier in the thread. It is more likely more than less, but 28 is what the numbers say it would likely be.

No disrespect but you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.
No yall are in denial. Yall talking about beating East Surry who didnt even have Gosnell last year. Murphy has no passing attack at least a good one and they would not run against the Tarboro defense this year or last year its been proven by the numbers.

Murphy wouldn't be within 40 points of Tarboro. They clamor after the season is over how good they are but yet when it comes to ADM time they always seem to make it to small 1A. Play somebody. Like I have said before, the Murphy Midgets are exactly that. Pulling from all over to win a small 1A title and brag incessantly about how dominate they are. What happens when you play 1AA? You go home empty handed.
Couldn't have said it any better myself

Reactions: StallionSWO1
No yall are in denial. Yall talking about beating East Surry who didnt even have Gosnell last year. Murphy has no passing attack at least a good one and they would not run against the Tarboro defense this year or last year its been proven by the numbers.
I'm not in anything but my lazy boy enjoying my evening. You don't know anything about what would happen between the two teams. The fact that you put ANY stock into the computer's algorithm ,much less as MUCH as you do just tells me that you don't know anything about anything. Much less sports, because any true fan with any knowledge puts no stock into that silly stuff. The fact that you dont realize that the algorithm you are basing your theory on and are so proud of is the same one that claimed TJ was the number one seed is pretty sad. If all I had to state on here was what a computer told me I would cancel my membership. Fact is you don't know for sure what would happen if they played. Neither do I. Until I see this years Murphy team get beat by 28 by Tarboro, I will never believe it. Since that will never happen, then I will never believe it. You can run your algorithm all you want if you like though. You were thumping your chest about how bad Tarboro would beat Murphy, for what reason I dont know. I disagreed and you aren't big enough to handle it. Grow up and get over it, or dont. I could not care less.

Very true. Tarboro 65 Murphy 7. Murphy will score late on the JV team. Murphy has always been OVERRATED to the fullest. Small 1a ball is a joke. But carry on. Btw seen both teams play Tarboro twice Murphy once

Reactions: DeadpoolX
I'm not in anything but my lazy boy enjoying my evening. You don't know anything about what would happen between the two teams. The fact that you put ANY stock into the computer's algorithm ,much less as MUCH as you do just tells me that you don't know anything about anything. Much less sports, because any true fan with any knowledge puts no stock into that silly stuff. The fact that you dont realize that the algorithm you are basing your theory on and are so proud of is the same one that claimed TJ was the number one seed is pretty sad. If all I had to state on here was what a computer told me I would cancel my membership. Fact is you don't know for sure what would happen if they played. Neither do I. Until I see this years Murphy team get beat by 28 by Tarboro, I will never believe it. Since that will never happen, then I will never believe it. You can run your algorithm all you want if you like though. You were thumping your chest about how bad Tarboro would beat Murphy, for what reason I dont know. I disagreed and you aren't big enough to handle it. Grow up and get over it, or dont. I could not care less.

Im pretty sure you said Mitchell would kill Robbinsville. Did you come to this conclusion the same way he came to the conclusion that tarboro would kill murphy?

Im pretty sure you said Mitchell would kill Robbinsville. Did you come to this conclusion the same way he came to the conclusion that tarboro would kill murphy?
Nope. But I'm curious, "IF" the computer had ranked yall 3rd instead of Murphy and yall had traveled to Mitchell the same night Murphy did. What do you think the score would have been?

How has murphy done when they play 1AA ball.ass whipping after ass whipping and if they don't try and pencil screw their way back back down in 1A next year it'll be another ass whipping.no one respects a bully.put another A by your title and holla at us.looking at scores of previous years in 1AA it seems murphy got the piss beat out of them.i would work the numbers too if I took beatdowns like that
Didn't have much trouble with your 1aa Devil's this year dude they?

How has murphy done when they play 1AA ball.ass whipping after ass whipping and if they don't try and pencil screw their way back back down in 1A next year it'll be another ass whipping.no one respects a bully.put another A by your title and holla at us.looking at scores of previous years in 1AA it seems murphy got the piss beat out of them.i would work the numbers too if I took beatdowns like that
Dude your crazy ,I think we put about 40 on mt airy last year in the west regional of AA ,but your right we lost.

calpreps.com
Tarboro 40
Murphy 17
This is a neat site .You can project a matchup for a team in an earlier year to a more current team

To all you “Tarboro would kill Murphy by 28, 50, 60, or whatever other outlandish margin” people, sorry but y’all have no clue what you are talking about! Albemarle in 2011 (who had won back to back 1aa titles, dropped into 1a that year and had only a two point loss to the eventual 2aa champion that season) was gonna three peat and steamroll the Dogs too. Murphy went to their house and beat them in the western final on the way to a 1a state championship. WRH was gonna blow Murphy off the field in the 2010 title game but needed a miracle 45 yard FG into the wind and sleet to eek out a one point win. Murphy dominated that game in the first half then the rain/sleet started and it took away Murphy’s passing game, to which WRH had no answer in the first half. 3a powerhouse Asheville, who I assure anyone is just as if not more talented and fast as Tarboro pretty much every year, was gonna spank Murphy in 2001 and 2002 as well. Murphy won both of those games. I could go on but I think that’s sufficient.

So, I guess the point is that some things are easier said than done. Murphy knows how to win and they have a knack for beating teams people say they can’t beat. As for those comparing the Pamlico scores, Murphy played without McTaggart and still could have named the score. Most of Pamlico’s scores came late when the game was well in hand. Also wasn’t Pamlico missing a couple of players vs Tarboro? Wasn’t their QB one of them?

Btw, I’ve read that Murphy has a couple of spots available on the schedule next season. Why not get these two together for a home and home over the next two years? Or just a one and done somewhere in the middle of the state? I think that would definitely generate some interest!

Just stop dude. No one is talking about 02 or 03 give it a rest. Tarboro would beat Murphy by 60 and JV team playing second half that simple. Them.big slow white boys from Murphy would get laughed off the field. 1a is a joke. Half the teams making the playoffs are below 500. Pamlico got beat by 60 by tarboro, and score 30 on Murphy LoL give it a rest clown

Just stop dude. No one is talking about 02 or 03 give it a rest. Tarboro would beat Murphy by 60 and JV team playing second half that simple. Them.big slow white boys from Murphy would get laughed off the field. 1a is a joke. Half the teams making the playoffs are below 500. Pamlico got beat by 60 by tarboro, and score 30 on Murphy LoL give it a rest clown
Same things were said in 2010 when Murphy played an undefeated Wallace Rose Hill in the state title game, Murphy lost by one. Murphy only had 7 black kids on their team that year before JV's moved up, but those "slow" white kids stayed right with them, were even up by two scores at halftime.

Murphy hung the same amount of points on Pamlico as Tarboro did, playing without their stud runningback, who also was one of the best players on defense. Pamlico scored a couple TD's in garbage time after going to a total passing game to make it look more respectable.

Tarboro probably beats Murphy something like 42-14, all this beat em by 60 and JV's coming in talk is a bunch of crap and you're a moron if you really believe that.

Last edited:
Any of yall playing the "matchup" game with the computers algorithm for anything more than just pure fun are wasting your time. If you really put any credit into the results you should be ashamed as sports fans. I guarantee you if you had ran that game before the rville vs tj game it would have said tj by at least 14. Being the higher seed and being at home. The computer only figures in stats, no "human" factors. Things like quality of coaching and game planning by a staff. Things like experience of the players/program and skill level, who didnt play last week due to injury, the list is endless. I'm sure some of yall ran the test before the tj vs rville game and know how wrong it was. If you had ran the test on the playoff bracket before the games began this year the computer would have crowned tj as state champs. So tell me how accurate do you think that would have been? If one of those home school teams for example played Murphy, Tarboro, Mitchell and TJ week 1-4 and the teams chose to play 2nd string and jv players against them and barely beat the home school team by a td or so, then in week 5 the school had to play rville or Cherokee just for example at their home. The computer would more than likely predict a close game or a win for the home school. The computer only knows stats it only calculates stats. It's for fun and holds no real accuracy in my opinion. It had tj as the number 1 seed people. Where did they belong? Somewhere in the middle of the pack maybe?

Well CLOWN Murphy was better this year than in 2002 and that Asheville team Murphy beat back then went all the way to the 3aa western regional final. You mofos never cease to amaze me. Bring your SWO team to the Hill next year and see what them “big slow white boys” can do for yourself! That you would even say that is hilarious and proves that you are full of crap and have no idea what you are talking about. Most years (this year included) Murphy has more black skill players than any team in the SMC and more than any other team west of Asheville. But keep yapping lol.
It's funny, people just paint teams with broad strokes without any basis. I guess they just assume that since Murphy is a mountain team that they're all white. 3/4 of Murphy's starting backfield was black (QB, FB, WB) and 1/2 of starting WRs, but whatever lol.

It doesn't even matter anyway, the most athletic kid on the team was a white kid and Charlotte Catholic won the 3A state title with even less black kids than Murphy, it's a dumb.

This just proves that about 90 percent of the posters who get on here and bash Murphy have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. They have no idea of Murphy’s history or apparently the amount of athletes that Murphy has on it’s team year in, year out. It’s really a waste of time arguing with them but yet I find myself doing it a lot lol.

Know plenty of the Murphy program there clown. Tons of big slow white boys who play watered down 1a ball. Again tarboro would curb stomp them by 60

Well CLOWN Murphy was better this year than in 2002 and that Asheville team Murphy beat back then went all the way to the 3aa western regional final. You mofos never cease to amaze me. Bring your SWO team to the Hill next year and see what them “big slow white boys” can do for yourself! That you would even say that is hilarious and proves that you are full of crap and have no idea what you are talking about. Most years (this year included) Murphy has more black skill players than any team in the SMC and more than any other team west of Asheville. But keep yapping lol.

Btw Murphy could have hung 80 or more on Pamlico if McTaggart had played, and those points Pamlico scored were mostly in garbage time against backups. Pamlico’s QB didn’t even play against Tarboro so you can’t compare those scores.

Okay clown if you say so. Murphy plays watered down 1a ball and is laughing stock of highschool football. Never won a 1aa or 2a title for that matter. Tarboro by 60 +

I cant believe i let you drag me into your rasict rant. You brought up race. Losee

I cant believe i let you drag me into your rasict rant. You brought up race. Losee

Geez dude you keep replying to your self. Not sure what your getting at dude??? Call it like I see it, no racist at all. Mnt football is just different then intercity football plain and simple. No racist about it

Dude the murphy faithful are scared to death of Tarboro everybody knows that. They like getting to play schools half their size, why else would they put the geeks in EC and the delinquents in the alternative school, so they don't have to count them.
Lol. This coming from the guy that spent highschool in the little trailer on the hill!!!! Like I said before. They should have never let you out!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT