ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early 2019 Pre-Season 1A Top 10

What was the score last time MA and Wallace hooked up? How bout Tarboro and the Bears? Reidsville and Wallace ain’t down yet , till they are the conversation is mute!!!

What was the score last time MA and Wallace hooked up? How bout Tarboro and the Bears? Reidsville and Wallace ain’t down yet , till they are the conversation is mute!!!
32-7 Vikings. You think cuz you guys got a couple skill athletes every year that mean something. You dont have anywhere near the team speed to beat the big cats of NC football. Maybe if all 3 way down at the same time you have a shot. Not likely.

Last edited:
Cuz u is no how to spell is speak proper English dizzz conversation be mute. You diggzz itzzzz cuzzz. Howz boutz you izzz quote dat wrh / ma score. Izzz bet itzzz iizzzz close ——- lmbo!!

Cuz u is no how to spell is speak proper English dizzz conversation be mute. You diggzz itzzzz cuzzz. Howz boutz you izzz quote dat wrh / ma score. Izzz bet itzzz iizzzz close ——- lmbo!!
I don't have to speak proper english, this isn't a classroom, but I can if I need to. Anyway you resort to a pathetic ass attempt at an insult because you know deep down bless_em is right, Mount Airy can't match up athletically.

Bears will have a stable of running backs next year, johnathon Smith will be the feature back running behind a very experienced offensive line. The backfield in Mt Airy will be very good for the next few years. Qb is good , having another year under his belt will help, he looses the Greene’s but picks up penn and a couple more . Kaulin Smith will have a great year. Bears will move to a run based offense and you will see poindexter look like a more typical bear qb in extending the pocket and running it abit. Reminiscent of Araon Wheeler and Austin Taylor. Wouldn’t count on gosnells moving to Carroll county , same rumor circulated last year . If he does Mt Airy is closer than heading up the mountain every day to Hillsville, as a parent I would send my kids 15 minutes to Ma, not for athletics but because it’s a safer drive than heading the mountain every day. With or without gosnell east will be very good. But doesn’t matter either way , Bears are gonna still be good enuff to beat them with what they have and the offense I for see them running . I wouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch. If gosnell ends up at Ma, that addition wins a state championship, a couple with the younger gosnell in the mix
Is it possible to attend a N.C. high school if you live in Va?

If the Gosnell move then the boys will go to Carrol County. Anywhere else and they would have to sit 365. If it were me and I crossed the state line it would be to stay at ES but again if they live in va that is not possible under the rules

That’s interesting, did not know that , so the one time transfer rule doesn’t apply if you live out of state? Wouldn’t it be interesting if they moved along the border , say fancy gap rd / white pines / pipers gap area. Those boys are Fantastic players and great addition to anywhere they land . How’s the rules work in va? They would be a better fit with the marron tide instead of cabbage county

2009 Mount Airy vs WRH went into OT score 30-30 Mount Airy scored 1st in OT score MA37- WRH -30 Then WRH scored and went for 2 ,made it & Final, WRH-wins 38- MA 37

You're putting a lot of stock in moving Murray to tailback. I went back and watched the video of our two games against Murphy, just to watch him run. At Robbinsville, he was terrible. Caught a nice pass from Nelson for a chunk, but ran soft. He doesn't hit the hole hard at all and doesn't look like a Murphy tailback. He had a little better game at Murphy, but my overall impression was that he just glides, looks for a hole, and if he doesn't see one, goes down. I like our D's chance of stopping him. Who knows, maybe MBD, you'll get a stud running back transfer come in. Meanwhile, here in Title Town, we'll play with our kids. I'll stand by my stance that we are the favorites. We'll settle it on the field next fall.
Keep flapping them gums.

Reactions: BK13T-$
And Gosnell is done deal and will have to go to school in VA probably Carroll County.
If he is in Cana and not signed into Carroll Co. as of now, can he not go to East Surry or Mount Airy sense MA is 5 Minutes away from Cana,Va... He could be a great player at Mount Airy with what the lose this year and be back playing for a State Title in 2019.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Transfers and murphy.you would have to turn back hands of time and bring back Carl Pickens and Jake Smith if you plan on winning in bryson city next year.gentry might retire Thursday night before that trip.swain got embarrassed in murphy this year and they'll be ready for this one.they were young and hadn't really felt what swain and murphy means and the hardware that was at stake when they play each other.its hard to find many other rivalries that have had the success of swain and murphy.been some great high school football games between these two.next year will be no different
Lol Swain will get thumped by Murphy and Rville both next year. Get used to being third.

Carrol County plays 4a ball there jv team does win some games I work with a guy who's son plays for them it seems they fall apart at varsity level and just can't get it together

Pollo loco you probably was a crap stain on the mattress the last time murphy beat swain in bryson city.maybe y'all want run the wrong way this time around.lol

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
Could they come to Mount Airy as they may be closer then Carroll Co. or East Surry

They have not moved to Cana, VA. They have moved to the northern part of Carroll County & have already enrolled at Carroll County. Trust me when I tell you this, MA would be the Gosnell’s last option as a school to go to.

I may be wrong buzz but my co worker told me 4 a sorry if I am I do agree with you they were 2a when we played them a few years back and I thought they had really grown since then I'm going research that to see if it's true

I may be wrong buzz but my co worker told me 4 a sorry if I am I do agree with you they were 2a when we played them a few years back and I thought they had really grown since then I'm going research that to see if it's true
An article in 2016 from the Carroll county news paper stated that Carroll county high school won an appeal to leave the River Ridge district which is a split 3A, 4A , 6A conference for the Three River district starting the 2017-18 season, because the schools are closer and old rivals that they were losing money playing schools so far away , not getting any visitors for home games. It stated that Carroll county high school will be the only 4A school in what was a 2A only conference.

Transfer hasnt happened yet - like I said that rumor gets started every year. Gosnell father is a preacher in the Carroll county area . I asked a couple kids that play there and they laughed me out of the room

Transfer hasnt happened yet - like I said that rumor gets started every year. Gosnell father is a preacher in the Carroll county area . I asked a couple kids that play there and they laughed me out of the room

Your information is incorrect. The transfer has happened, they are no longer enrolled at East Surry and are enrolled at Carroll County HS. This happened on Friday, as previously reported.

Your information is incorrect. The transfer has happened, they are no longer enrolled at East Surry and are enrolled at Carroll County HS. This happened on Friday, as previously reported.
Is there anything that keeps them from transferring back over the summer? I'm not going to pretend to know all the rules, but if you can transfer without penalty, why would you travel back and forth from Carroll County the whole spring semester if you don't have to?

Is there anything that keeps them from transferring back over the summer? I'm not going to pretend to know all the rules, but if you can transfer without penalty, why would you travel back and forth from Carroll County the whole spring semester if you don't have to?

Travel back and forth? They have moved to Meadows of Dan area in Carroll County.

Travel back and forth? They have moved to Meadows of Dan area in Carroll County.
Really hate it for the kids, but especially the oldest brother. Can’t imagine having to leave my teammates, friends, etc and finish my last year of high school away from all the friends and teammates I’ve grown up with.

Last edited:
Meadows of Dan is in Patrick County ,Va not Carroll County . Try again.

Thank you for the geography lesson, but this is still where they have moved and there is part of Meadows of Dan that is located in Carroll County, “try again”.

Thank you for the geography lesson, but this is still where they have moved and there is part of Meadows of Dan that is located in Carroll County, “try again”.
It is located near the Patrick/Floyd county line and not as close to Carroll Co. Also closer to Stuart & Patrick Co. High School where they would go if they lived in Meadows of Dan. Patrick County Public Schools has seven total public schools, of which four are for grades K-7, one is for grades K-3, one is for grades 4-7, and Patrick County High School is for grade 8-12.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadows_of_Dan,_Virginia
Your move ,;)

Last edited:
The Gosnell’s have moved and they will be attending Carroll County not East and definitely not MA it’s a done deal no more need for all this speculation you MA diehards were hopeful for someone to revive your what will be a dead team. East will beat MA by as much as they want running lanes won’t be open for Smith without the Greene brothers spreading the field and that overhyped QB will be below average this season as well MA has nothing for the upcoming cards even without Gosnell

No one in this area ,will have an easy task with the rams next season ,it’ll be a East and Starmount the two best teams in this area.

The Gosnell’s have moved and they will be attending Carroll County not East and definitely not MA it’s a done deal no more need for all this speculation you MA diehards were hopeful for someone to revive your what will be a dead team. East will beat MA by as much as they want running lanes won’t be open for Smith without the Greene brothers spreading the field and that overhyped QB will be below average this season as well MA has nothing for the upcoming cards even without Gosnell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT