ADVERTISEMENT

Watauga @ Weddington

Haven't seen Weddington play but I have seen some of the opponents they destroyed. Those opponents were pretty good teams. Wouldn't mind seeing Watauga win since I went to Appalachian State and use to go see a few Watauga games back in the day when I lived in Boone. Just think Weddington might have too much for the mountain men.

WEDDINGTON 38
WATAUGA 21

Reactions: Maxhr203
Watauga having only 26 varsity players is a real problem....... Though they moved up some JV kids that won't improve their position.

Reactions: PUNTSTER
This is a David/Goliath matchup.... problem is, this isn't a spiritual event. Minus a miracle Watauga's
season ends tonight. I'm pulling for the Pioneers and still say pound for pound Watauga has the edge.
Problem is, this is a 250 pounder fighting a 140 pounder!

Reactions: btango and beamer24
Start of 4th..49-7 Weddington. The trip back to Boone begins in exactly 12 mins...clock's rolling

Reactions: Crr1968
@btango Dont think Shipley was much of a decoy with 235 yards of offense out of the 445 total yards.

@btango Dont think Shipley was much of a decoy with 235 yards of offense out of the 445 total yards.
Well you have to stop him before he needs to be used as a decoy. The only thing that stopped him last night was the mercy rule. He has rarely played the 4th quarter

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to get across. If everything is directed at Shipley they have other options. They will move him around to isolate him or take defenders away from where they want to go. The coaches are good at how they utilize him.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to get across. If everything is directed at Shipley they have other options. They will move him around to isolate him or take defenders away from where they want to go. The coaches are good at how they utilize him.

It sounds like they don’t over use him which is great. I thought Crouch got over used his Junior year even though Harding won it.

It sounds like they don’t over use him which is great. I thought Crouch got over used his Junior year even though Harding won it.

Harding was limited in numbers for a 4A school. A lot of players playing both sides and / or specialty teams. When they were rolling late in the season he wanted the ball more than ever. He thrived on the grind. Glad people around him got smart.

Harding was limited in numbers for a 4A school. A lot of players playing both sides and / or specialty teams. When they were rolling late in the season he wanted the ball more than ever. He thrived on the grind. Glad people around him got smart.

I’m looking forward to watching him the next 3 years. He played good for Freshman at LB.

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT