ADVERTISEMENT

Watauga @ Weddington

Serstylz2

Jan 8, 2006
What's everyone's take on this game? Watauga fans were super confident last year, is the same kool-aid being passed around?

For Watauga to have chance in this game they are going to need some divine intervention. Maybe a bad case of the "green apple splatters" hits the Weddington team an hour before kickoff or something. Other than that, I would say Weddington by at least 4 td's.

I think it is very evident that everyone knows what Weddington is capable of. For Watauga, I believe they're very disciplined and have a coach that is incredible with game prep/planning. The two played last year and it was very lopsided. I've always been a supporter of the idea that a champ is a champ until someone beats them. Watauga will always have my support, and as an Alum, I will always give the Pioneers a fighting chance. Compared to watching the 2 or 3 win seasons when I grew up, being in the 4th round of the playoffs is a HUGE blessing. I'm proud to be a Pioneer and I hope for a victory.

Either way, two great teams are playing for a chance to visit the state championship game. Best of luck to both teams, prayers for safe travels and no inures. The best team on Friday will win, that's the only certain thing we know for sure.

Habich and Company plan to bring some mountain mágic Friday. Look for so Many tricks you'll think its Halloween!

Habich and Company plan to bring some mountain mágic Friday. Look for so Many tricks you'll think its Halloween!
That’s awesome! Those “tricks” will be treats for the Warriors! Weddington’s gonna stick to old fashioned fundamentals like blocking and tackling.

Reactions: Serstylz2
I'm hoping for a good battle into the 4th, these one-sided games can also be a curse for Weddington as we are pulling starters and mistakes are getting hidden behind the box score.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I have nothing but respect for these two programs. Obviously more familiar with Watauga, lots of friends up that way. Not putting Freedom on the same level with Weddington, but I have watched super quick, athletic teams from Freedom get outplayed and defeated by Watauga. I don't see this happening Friday but who knows.

Good luck to both!

Reactions: Maxhr203
I would like to see Watauga win but Weddington is good. I would say Shipley will be to much. What schools is liking the most.

Watauga wins!!!!! I'm more confident than ever this morning.
Agree. Weddington is due for a bad game. If our boys can just not turn the ball over and use the clock to our advantage, stranger things have happened. I also feel that Weddington may try to do what they did last year which we will be ready for.

Everyone is talking about Shipley. They have some athletes and a load of robo athletes / players. I have seen Shipley be used almost like a decoy while other players chew up good teams. Their coaching staff gets it. They learned from a special one (Carson) and Capone just seems to have "it" whatever "it" may be.

Habich does a great job! I find that once they hit a team with excellent coaching and good athletes things fizzle. I hear this squad is special, very good! Unfortunately, I think it is going to be a very long night for the Pioneers.

Everyone is talking about Shipley. They have some athletes and a load of robo athletes / players. I have seen Shipley be used almost like a decoy while other players chew up good teams. Their coaching staff gets it. They learned from a special one (Carson) and Capone just seems to have "it" whatever "it" may be.

Habich does a great job! I find that once they hit a team with excellent coaching and good athletes things fizzle. I hear this squad is special, very good! Unfortunately, I think it is going to be a very long night for the Pioneers.
The defense has a lot of talent and speed. The OL has been doing a great job opening holes and protecting the QB. Carson set the bar and Capone might have raised it. Those players have been blessed with those coaches, not to mention the position coaches.

Weddington is the real deal. I don't think anything stands between them and rings! Shipley is a major factor, but they are loaded all over the field.... and sidelines... and press box!!

Reactions: Crr1968

Why wouldn’t you. Do you know how many 5 star APBs there are next year. 1 that would be him. I’m sure he will get his yards tomorrow night.

Why wouldn’t you. Do you know how many 5 star APBs there are next year. 1 that would be him. I’m sure he will get his yards tomorrow night.

I know him well! I was making a point that if all focus goes to him they have other weapons and he makes for a good decoy. A lot of fun to watch play!

Agree. Weddington is due for a bad game. If our boys can just not turn the ball over and use the clock to our advantage, stranger things have happened. I also feel that Weddington may try to do what they did last year which we will be ready for.
Weddington has already had their “bad” game in the playoffs vs South Iredell. Field conditions were bad ,had a hard time getting going , and lost focus. I don’t see that happening again.

The majority of Weddington’s seniors have been together since 6th grade. This will be the last game they will ever play at their stadium. They will be focused and determined.

Reactions: onioncfb
Gameday! Weddington fans are doing a "Holiday-Out" theme.. guess I'll have to find a santa hat

I'm trying to stay positive with all these reports of Weddington blowing out Watauga. Go Pioneers!

Reactions: btango
The reality is that mean green is about to go back to back to back championships in 3AA. Unless coach Capone wins the north Carolina coaching lottery and gets a South Carolina job

Habich does a great job! I find that once they hit a team with excellent coaching and good athletes things fizzle. I hear this squad is special, very good! Unfortunately, I think it is going to be a very long night for the Pioneers.[/QUOTE]
Maybe, but Weddington has a lot of wins without any losses. Teams are due for losses. No matter how "unbeatable" they seem. To Weddington's credit, they seem pretty unbeatable. Buuuuuuuut, thats why they play the game
I'm trying to stay positive with all these reports of Weddington blowing out Watauga. Go Pioneers!
Im thinking that our Pioneers are gonna do it tonight. I feel that this is going to be that moment in time when the alignment is such that penalties, overconfidence and just a bad game hit Weddington. The Pioneers are hungry and after last years drubbing they are more than ready to withstand the pressure. Watauga 24 Weddington 17.

Reactions: NCGator68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT