ADVERTISEMENT

Watauga/Burns…any thoughts

JustAsportsfan04

Aug 29, 2021
Watauga seems to be down and Burns was expected to contend for a state title but has struggled thus far. Does anyone have anything thoughts on this game?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Watauga seems to be down and Burns was expected to contend for a state title but has struggled thus far. Does anyone have anything thoughts on this game?
I know Watauga is down some and that’s about all I know.
Burns defense is legit and will keep them in any game.
Burns offense has to improve. Our conference schedule being “weak” compared to other years may be a blessing. It may give us time to get things together. Realistically we’ve had 3 tough games to learn. On the other hand it could bite us because Shelby is waiting at the end of that schedule and will be the best team we play this year. We have to establish a run game. Norris is too good not to get more yards. QB is going to be very good as he grows. We have to find consistency plain and simple.

I’ve had this game circled ever since the schedules came out. I think its going to be really good game between two great programs!
Watauga is a fundamentally sound ball team who typically will not beat themselves! They’re not going to turn the ball over, or have a lot of penalties, and their special team play is far better than most. Their punter can boom it too!
Watauga will line up…and run it right at you….with an occasional pass here and there! I think this will be in Burns favor as Burns appears to be a good run stopping defense! I don’t believe Watauga’s passing will be any threat at all. However… they did find some success through the air against Mitchell….same guy caught all 5 passes completions for 195 yards!😵‍💫

I was surprised to see how many pass attempts that Burns is averaging per game!.. Around 25 ain’t it? Your boys are slinging it around!…who knew!😁 This stat alone …will wreak havoc for the Pioneers!…especially if Burns has speed!…and I’m quite sure y’all do!
I think Burns will win this game comfortably if they play well….if they don’t…it’s gonna be a slobberknocker!
Good luck to both teams!

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I say Burns by 3 TD’s plus. Watauga is going to be big snd fundamental but Burns speed will be the difference. Must get Mookie going on the ground and need to get Thompson the ball some in space. Things to work on against teams who will challenge...it’ll be nothing more than a full on practice in conference other than Shelby.

I’m not sure which QB Watauga will be playing tonight as at Maiden they started their backup and ended with their 3rd string but I’m not sure it matters in who wins the game!! It just might have a factor in the margin…. Burns has to just block Shirley when they have the ball and I think they will be able to use their speed to score at least 21…. Watauga still likes to run the counters and misdirection plays on offense…

Burns by at least 10

I’m not sure which QB Watauga will be playing tonight as at Maiden they started their backup and ended with their 3rd string but I’m not sure it matters in who wins the game!! It just might have a factor in the margin…. Burns has to just block Shirley when they have the ball and I think they will be able to use their speed to score at least 21…. Watauga still likes to run the counters and misdirection plays on offense…

Burns by at least 10
First string QB or not...doesn't excuse the points the D gave up. Burns by 28 at least.

I'll tell you. We throw the ball 90% of the time. Absolutely no run game. Yes we are young. But you can't have a sophomore throwing the ball 40 times a game. It doesn't work. Offensive play calling has been questionable at best the last few years. It's got to change.

I'll tell you. We throw the ball 90% of the time. Absolutely no run game. Yes we are young. But you can't have a sophomore throwing the ball 40 times a game. It doesn't work. Offensive play calling has been questionable at best the last few years. It's got to change.
So Norris is not getting any touches ?

I’m watching the nfhs livestream if this one. I’m as big a Bulldog fan as any but I gotta be honest. We are a very mediocre football team right now. Based on what I’ve seen tonight and considering the scores on our wins, we are honestly very fortunate not to be 0-4. We got lucky on a couple. We can move the ball some but our Offense just can’t get points. So far only 1 offensive score again tonight. When you can get on the opponents 1 yard line and have 2 downs to punch it in but can’t get a yard, that says a lot. Hope we can get better.

Watauga is almost always underestimated but they rarely beat themselves and are always physical. Maiden must be damn good this year

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT