ADVERTISEMENT

Warren County Eagles @ South Columbus

tcdevils86

Aug 29, 2011
Thankful for a # 4 seeding. Surprised but thankful. Anyone know anything about Warren County?

I am not surprised, record for last half of the season puts South where they should be. South plays the whole game like they did against Whiteville they should be okay. You have some playmakers and probably will not have to face a combo like Manning and Carr. Good luck. Oh by the way, great chickenbog.

Good luck to the Baby Ponies Friday night. Dont really want to go there for second round. Last time I was there it was COOOOLD ..... Great game tho 7-2 SC. Play hard and get the W. Looks to be a real Horse Race in the 2A East bracket. Couple of stallions, and a Dark Horse.

Way back at a scrimmage in August, they were running some single wing concepts. Pretty strong, physical. Not the most athletic team I've seen though.

Game time has been moved up to 7:00pm due to the travel time for the Eagles.

Strick, how did you think South stacked up against many of the other teams the Pack played this year? Obviously South Columbus and Whiteville were as hyped up about this game as any they have played this year, just saying Pack probably came out firing on all cylinders the first half against the Stallions. Just wondering what your take on South is.
I would hate to have to play Whiteville right now in the playoffs, they seem to be playing their best football of the season!

A lot of other teams have 3 hr. travel time,they still
have 7:30 start times,why Warren Co. so different?

Warren runs single wing offense where on any given play the snap could go to any of the backs, and any of the backs can take off with direct snap, hand off to another back, fake a handoff and run, fake a handoff and throw, or drop back to throw, most passes to another back, or the big tight end that's hard to miss but the LBs so often lose because they're keying on the running game

I thought South Defense looked improved from what I saw earlier this year. Did a good job of getting a lot of people to the ball carrier. Just hard to tackle a bowling ball made out of rubber! Leggette good looking back, Miller a good deep threat. If offense can stay away from penalties, I think South wins in Round 1, IF they want, as a team, to keep playing football this season.
Coach Gore and South saw this offense back when Travis Connor was head coach at East Columbus. Warren County may very well have players that are well suited for it. If you have players any scheme can work!

I think if they don't have any turnovers and play as hard as they did against Whiteville in the 2nd half they will surprise a lot of teams because they never lay down.I really thought they would in the 2nd half against Whiteville but they didn't.You can never count a team like that out.

Originally posted by gotoblueg:
A lot of other teams have 3 hr. travel time,they still
have 7:30 start times,why Warren Co. so different?
They ask and South Columbus said yes. I wish all games were starting at seven. It is going to be cold.

COLD ...... You anit got no stinking cold. Gonna be 17 here tonight with SNOW. Down to the Qtr finals here in Missouri.[/B]

I wont be gettin out in it tonight, tomorrow morning deer season opens, so will be out then. My grandsons team didnt make the playoffs ......
frown.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT