ADVERTISEMENT

Wallace-Rose Hill-West Montgomery updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Bulldogs from the NHHS Wildcats. The Dogs ran for almost 400 yards so they didnt need to show the passing game that is much better than most would expect. The 3rd quarter clock eating drive was huge. I hate that y'all didnt get to show off Cano on a field goal attempt - a monster weapon.

Reactions: aftermath
Congrats to WRH....great win...now let me point out....WRH moves up to 2A next year...which means they are still 1AA this year and are 1AA State Champions..RESPECT THAT.....WRH beat 4A Laney 28-13...Laney has only 1608 more students than WRH....WM beat Chatham Central 56-6...WM has 147 more students than CC....WRH only has 117 more students than WM........1A Plymouth only has 330 students but yet they have beat teams twice their ADMs......so does numbers really matter ...... WRH has a great coach and a great program.....hats off.

wrh isn't a 2a school they just seemed that way the way they dominated WM. WRH however will fair just fine when they move up

Reactions: dogs79
Deana can you do the play by play for the 2AA game tomorrow for us disadvantaged fans that can't get access to the almighty TWC

What the Dogs have done is nothing short of outstanding and this is coming from a JK fan. Excited for the new conference and hope our Tigers grow in the off season. But hats off to WRH got a lot of my people on that side of the county and I'm happy for them. Just glad to see a county team enjoy this continued success. Especially good for WRH but in the big picture it's beneficial to all of DC. Ready for 2017. Go Tigers

I'd like to hope WRH moving up will be OK for them, but we know from Thomasville that isn't always the case. They dominated 1A ball in the early 2000s. Nothing since.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I'd like to hope WRH moving up will be OK for them, but we know from Thomasville that isn't always the case. They dominated 1A ball in the early 2000s. Nothing since.
A lot of changes have happened at Thomasville, like Alan Brown's Retirement. The Tradition pop's up Sometimes like when They beat a good Salisbury Team or make it a couple games into the Playoffs

Reactions: mbdfan

Swain97, how do you explain Tarboro going to 5 yes 5, 2A State Championships in a row then move down to 1A and having zero State Championship appearances? Seems to me about every year 1A has 3 maybe 4 teasm with a legitimate shot at the state title. Wallace moves up to 2A now and there's probably 5 maybe 6 teams with a legitimate shot. WRH will be one of those teams next year. WRH beat one of the 2A eastern finalist by as much as they wanted to this year. Let's not act like the 2A division is some kind of juggernaut from top to bottom. Lol. Wallace will be good again next year. I'm not predicting a state championship for next year but I believe WRH will be one of the few teams that have a real chance. The year after that the Dogs will take a step back because the talent level will drop off a little, not because they are playing "2A" ball now.

Swain97 Wallace has very few off years, same with JK. We don't rebuild we reload and you will see that in the years to come since we are now playing mighty 2A football

People talking about WRH being 2A caliber! Man please! WM lost!

Albemarle walked the Dog on a 2A SWO in the finials in 2009 and turned around and Molly whopped Monroe in the third rounder in 2010....!

Get outta here!

What's done is done folks. Wallace won. But IMHO opinion our offense was to slow paced/predictable. Wallace was ready for everything! And again congratulations Bulldogs........

No shame in a 1A school losing to a 2A in the state championship. WM played good considering...
My intent was not to put WRH down as they are a super great team. My intent was to make WM not to feel bad for the loss to a 2A team that has beat other 2A ,3A & 4A schools. Hope WRH has a lot of success in 2A ! Great Team,Great Coach .....

Congrats to WRH on 3-peat. Just a much deeper team on both sides of the ball than WM. The game game MVP should have been the nose tackle #60 - he dominated the WM o-line and disrupted every play. The D ends also could not be blocked, so it made for a long night for the WM offense. As they say, ultimately games are won or lost in the trenches, and this was no exception. Congrats to WM on a good season.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
Congrats to WRH on 3-peat. Just a much deeper team on both sides of the ball than WM. The game game MVP should have been the nose tackle #60 - he dominated the WM o-line and disrupted every play. The D ends also could not be blocked, so it made for a long night for the WM offense. As they say, ultimately games are won or lost in the trenches, and this was no exception. Congrats to WM on a good season.

Congrats to WM on a great season! Hey Fringe, #60 is Eric James. He is one of the few seniors that we are losing but he is a beast. He attends the church that I pastor and he's a better person than he is a player! He played phenomenal!

Reactions: Swain97
Congrats to WM on a great season! Hey Fringe, #60 is Eric James. He is one of the few seniors that we are losing but he is a beast. He attends the church that I pastor and he's a better person than he is a player! He played phenomenal!
Dog Bone glad to know he is a great young man. I liked his approach on the field. After he disrupted nearly every offensive play WM ran, there were no celebrations, no posing, no "look at me" - just go back and line up and do it 30 or 40 more times and help the TEAM win. His constant penetration up the middle shut down the run and helped his ends make sacks. He had a great game and deserves to do a do a little dancing now! Best of luck to him and all of the seniors for both sides, many that played their final football game.

Swain97, how do you explain Tarboro going to 5 yes 5, 2A State Championships in a row then move down to 1A and having zero State Championship appearances? Seems to me about every year 1A has 3 maybe 4 teasm with a legitimate shot at the state title. Wallace moves up to 2A now and there's probably 5 maybe 6 teams with a legitimate shot. WRH will be one of those teams next year. WRH beat one of the 2A eastern finalist by as much as they wanted to this year. Let's not act like the 2A division is some kind of juggernaut from top to bottom. Lol. Wallace will be good again next year. I'm not predicting a state championship for next year but I believe WRH will be one of the few teams that have a real chance. The year after that the Dogs will take a step back because the talent level will drop off a little, not because they are playing "2A" ball now.
100% agree with this, some of the 2-A playoff teams looked extremely weak to me this year. Im an EM fan and we beat Eastern Randolph by 24 playing our B-/C+ this year and they WON their 1st round 2-A game. ( maybe they had a bad day vs us)

100% agree with this, some of the 2-A playoff teams looked extremely weak to me this year. Im an EM fan and we beat Eastern Randolph by 24 playing our B-/C+ this year and they WON their 1st round 2-A game. ( maybe they had a bad day vs us)
That was August 26th? QB for ER had not hit his stride yet at this game. Not taking anything from EM. They won and were clearly the better team that day. ER kept improving all year both offensively and defensively until they ran into Lincolnton.

Have seen a few posts by EM fans saying that during that game EM did not play starters in 2nd half. I was there. Starters did come out with about 4 minutes left in game.

Last edited:
That was August 26th? QB for ER had not hit his stride yet at this game. Not taking anything from EM. They won and were clearly the better team that day. ER kept improving all year both offensively and defensively until they ran into Lincolnton.

Have seen a few posts by EM fans saying that during that game EM did not play starters in 2nd half. I was there. Starters did come out with about 4 minutes left in game.
Like I said " maybe ER had a bad day"

Reactions: thekidd12

It all goes in cycles. Thomasville was a force when they were 3a back in the day. They have won at every level. They are just hitting one of those bad patches. Wallace knows about hitting those patches

(Extends middle finger - right hand)

Being like the Buffalo Bills of old is better than being the Cleveland Browns of today. How are things in One-bermarle these days? ;)

Things are grand I guess. I'm preparing to move out of this hole. Hopefully the Pfeiffer deal and the expansion of 24/27 will increase the market value of homes here. But you know how it goes with people who has a higher education around here...they tend to move away lol..

Best of wishes to WM and ALB this coming season.

Yes. And the traffic on the boards is extremely low as well. I come on about once or twice a month in the offseason. And all I get for my efforts is a your reminder of how crappy our last game was...lol. I'm with Sway. See everybody in 6 months.

Reactions: sway1532
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT