ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Is All Set

Right, we are comparing the top 4AA teams from East not including WF, compared to the top 4AA teams from the West not named MC. The difference is very clear.

What's sad is the fact that we are talking about Southern Nash as being the best competition for WF left on the schedule and the fact that it's a 3A school is very telling of how weak the Raleigh area is in 4AA right now, not including WF of course..

and on 4AA vs 3A
Of course some good 3A teams can and will beat the bad 4AA East teams but against the best 4AA West teams it's not close really

Based on what exactly.

It's like saying that the Colonial conference FCS is as competitive as the ACC. Possible upsets, but collectively they would get smashed. The depth of talent changes drastically from 4AA to 3A. Give Crest, MC's schedule every year and see how that works out for them....Start giving 3A programs 4AA schedules. See how that works.

Crest is one of the better programs in 3A. Put them in the IMECK conference, they're in a fight for their life to finish 5th place.....LMAO!

It's like saying that the Colonial conference FCS is as competitive as the ACC. Possible upsets, but collectively they would get smashed. The depth of talent changes drastically from 4AA to 3A. Give Crest, MC's schedule every year and see how that works out for them....Start giving 3A programs 4AA schedules. See how that works.

Crest is one of the better programs in 3A. Put them in the IMECK conference, they're in a fight for their life to finish 5th place.....LMAO!
Prime example is the team we jus played monroe. They're better than last yr. They're competitive n the have a cpl explosive players that made a cpl big plays. But we pretty much dominated them from start 2 finish. We had 2 TDs called back n a cpl dumb penalties that killed another 2 or 3 drives we had going on. That score could have well been 50+ to 20.add a lil bit of home cooking momentum and ref influence but nobody is discrediting any 3a team but from beginning 2 end u can see the difference between a good 4a team vs a good 3a, 2a, 1a.

Few things make me feel worse than agreeing with Diddy, so I'll say WF wins 99 out of 100 tomorrow night. Still, MC's defensive front is much improved. If they can stuff the box and make WF's QB beat them, combined with some WF turnovers and play 100% mistake free on offense, I'll say the final is WF 14, MC 3

Take the final four in the 4AA playoffs or the two best teams (not always the two finalists) and match them against their counterparts in 3A or 3AA. I think almost every year the 4AA teams would win those matchups. I think Wake Forest would have pushed any team up and down the field last year.

The matchup from 3A and 4A teams playing in 2017 that stands out to me is 3AA state champ, New Hanover, losing to 4A Hoggard 34-7. Three of the final four 3AA playoff games for New Hanover were against teams that were 4A the previous year just as NH was small 4A in 2016.

I do think that the absolute very best in 1A, 2A, and 3A can compete with one another and the top 4AA teams but the chances of a nationally elite 4AA team losing to one of those teams in a state title type of game would be very unlikely.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Take the final four in the 4AA playoffs or the two best teams (not always the two finalists) and match them against their counterparts in 3A or 3AA. I think almost every year the 4AA teams would win those matchups. I think Wake Forest would have pushed any team up and down the field last year.

The matchup from 3A and 4A teams playing in 2017 that stands out to me is 3AA state champ, New Hanover, losing to 4A Hoggard 34-7. Three of the final four 3AA playoff games for New Hanover were against teams that were 4A the previous year just as NH was small 4A in 2016.

I do think that the absolute very best in 1A, 2A, and 3A can compete with one another and the top 4AA teams but the chances of a nationally elite 4AA team losing to one of those teams in a state title type of game would be very unlikely.

These words will be overlooked or "stretched" to include the unwarranted

You just compared players recruited to college against high school programs where kids in that district attend. Then there is the issue of you comparing an FCS level to ACC with 3A to 4AA. That is beyond moronic.

I can agree with that most years the absolute best team in the State is in 4AA. Work or whatever made it about the very best and that was never my point.

You just compared players recruited to college against high school programs where kids in that district attend. Then there is the issue of you comparing an FCS level to ACC with 3A to 4AA. That is beyond moronic.

Ok! I just got a message that you're someone's girlfriend having fun. You got Me! I'm done now.

This post is based on the fact that the other big schools in the East not named WF are not on the same level of competition as West teams, Many would say that Richmond Sr would be the 2nd best team in the 4AA East, and some people are projecting them to go West this year..

Teams projected in the 4AA playoffs so far:

East (not including (1) WF):
(2) Garner, (3) Green Hope, (4) Fuquay-Varina, (5) Britt, (6) Pinecrest, (7) Middle Creek, (8) Leesville Rd, (9) Broughton, (10) Millbrook, (11) Rolesville, and (12) Laney

West (not including (1) MC):
(2) Butler, (3) Page, (4) Hough, (5) Myers Park, (6) Richmond, (7) West Forsyth, (8) Providence, (9) N Meck, (10) Independence, (11) Olympic, (12) Ardrey Kell

Match them up, 2-seed vs. 2-seed, 3v3, etc. you tell me which side is stronger...... every week when new projected brackets are shown, Richmond might go east in it, and that still wont change the fact that the West is just stronger. If Richmond and Page both go East, the West is still stronger....

and you can add in the best 4A East team: Cardinal Gibbons vs. best 4A West team East Forysth, and im taking the west in that one too.

It says alot when the two 3A schools that were named that would contend with the top 4AA schools are also on the Western side of the state. Catholic and Dudley.

As a Page alum, who knows that the school is on the East/West line every year, I hope Page never goes East, I don't want the Pirates to play at that level of competition. I pray every year they go 4AA West. I'd rather play tough opponents and potentially lose against better competition than play at a lower level. It's just not as fun to watch, win or lose.

All of this being said, Wake Forest still have one of the best teams in the state, the argument is... What is more beneficial?Rolling over a weak schedule where you can basically tune up your squad every week and not worry about injuries, or play a brutal schedule and find out stuff you need to fix when iron sharpens iron and risk higher rates of injury by playing tough competition??? It will be interesting to see how that works out in the next 3-5 years.

I wont say where i got these projections, but i will say they can easily be found on the internet..

This post is based on the fact that the other big schools in the East not named WF are not on the same level of competition as West teams, Many would say that Richmond Sr would be the 2nd best team in the 4AA East, and some people are projecting them to go West this year..

Teams projected in the 4AA playoffs so far:

East (not including (1) WF):
(2) Garner, (3) Green Hope, (4) Fuquay-Varina, (5) Britt, (6) Pinecrest, (7) Middle Creek, (8) Leesville Rd, (9) Broughton, (10) Millbrook, (11) Rolesville, and (12) Laney

West (not including (1) MC):
(2) Butler, (3) Page, (4) Hough, (5) Myers Park, (6) Richmond, (7) West Forsyth, (8) Providence, (9) N Meck, (10) Independence, (11) Olympic, (12) Ardrey Kell

Match them up, 2-seed vs. 2-seed, 3v3, etc. you tell me which side is stronger...... every week when new projected brackets are shown, Richmond might go east in it, and that still wont change the fact that the West is just stronger. If Richmond and Page both go East, the West is still stronger....

and you can add in the best 4A East team: Cardinal Gibbons vs. best 4A West team East Forysth, and im taking the west in that one too.

It says alot when the two 3A schools that were named that would contend with the top 4AA schools are also on the Western side of the state. Catholic and Dudley.

As a Page alum, who knows that the school is on the East/West line every year, I hope Page never goes East, I don't want the Pirates to play at that level of competition. I pray every year they go 4AA West. I'd rather play tough opponents and potentially lose against better competition than play at a lower level. It's just not as fun to watch, win or lose.

All of this being said, Wake Forest still have one of the best teams in the state, the argument is... What is more beneficial?Rolling over a weak schedule where you can basically tune up your squad every week and not worry about injuries, or play a brutal schedule and find out stuff you need to fix when iron sharpens iron and risk higher rates of injury by playing tough competition??? It will be interesting to see how that works out in the next 3-5 years.

Teams coming out of the West usually suffer more injuries due to the brutal brackets. Sometimes it's
beneficial when western teams in the Triad, or a Richmond, or Scotland are donated to the east for brackets. It makes the title game more competitive(aside from WF) and less injuries for the West side.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Teams coming out of the West usually suffer more injuries due to the brutal brackets. Sometimes it's
beneficial when western teams in the Triad, or a Richmond, or Scotland are donated to the east for brackets. It makes the title game more competitive(aside from WF) and less injuries for the West side.

Page and Scotland have been donated to the East sides of the bracket and both have claimed East regional finals wins recently. If I'm not mistaken that's the first time (2015) Page has ever gone East and we made it to the state title game first try, then got creamed by our good friends in the West Mallard Creek in the final with a running clock 49-6 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
Page and Scotland have been donated to the East sides of the bracket and both have claimed East regional finals wins recently. If I'm not mistaken that's the first time (2015) Page has ever gone East and we made it to the state title game first try, then got creamed by our good friends in the West Mallard Creek in the final with a running clock 49-6 :)

l guess Page was more competitive in the western regional games than the title game.....off year? :)

We had great years/runs in 15 and 16, it's just our offense and special teams blocking up front wasn't at the level it needed to be on those particular game days in the title losses and those 2 games were against great teams that made you pay for your mistakes, MC and WF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT