ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest 9 - Vance 7 ,, Final !!!

Vance player jump on the ball after the block on the one yard line, if he would of left the ball alone it would of came out to the 20 yard line

Only if it goes in end zone which I think it may have. College it goes out to the twenty.

It was a lot of time left in the game so I'm assuming that's why the staff didn't get too upset. But yea, it seemed legit from my end.

My understanding is the call was correct. I am sure it will get a lot of looks. That penalty and the block in the back in the INT return were huge!

Nothing else to prove. There is no other team that's playing right now that's putting the clamps on an offense such as Wake Forest like Vance did. Unfortunately for Vance, they ran into a defense that is as equally as good, if not better.
This was a great defensive game. But let's not forget that for 3 quarters last year MC score was the same. And WF 1st TD was an outstanding catch by a playmaker and then MC had to go for it on 4th down.

And all these guys on here that Monday morning QBs, I am sure Mr. Brand has a couple of application for you so you can help him make these suggestions throughout the season!!! He wasn't the one that botched the punt and I am sure he had no foresight in the QB fumbling the snap!!!

Great game Mr. Brand and the Vance Cougars. Brand had his kids ready to play and I would have loved to have seen the OT session.

Vance player jump on the ball after the block on the one yard line, if he would of left the ball alone it would of came out to the 20 yard line

That is negative!!! In high school, a FG is like a punt (scrimmage kick rules), same as in college, but the only difference it is down like a punt if it doesn't go into the endzone, whether the kid jumped on it or not, it is placed where the ball lands.

My understanding is the call was correct. I am sure it will get a lot of looks. That penalty and the block in the back in the INT return were huge!

Yup....I was pretty surprised Brand didnt go up top once off that turnover. Sudden change like that.

This was a great defensive game. But let's not forget that for 3 quarters last year MC score was the same. And WF 1st TD was an outstanding catch by a playmaker and then MC had to go for it on 4th down.

And all these guys on here that Monday morning QBs, I am sure Mr. Brand has a couple of application for you so you can help him make these suggestions throughout the season!!! He wasn't the one that botched the punt and I am sure he had no foresight in the QB fumbling the snap!!!

Great game Mr. Brand and the Vance Cougars. Brand had his kids ready to play and I would have loved to have seen the OT session.

Remeber it was a bad snap on a punt that set that first score up last year as well.

Unbelievable run by Wake Forest. Lucas and his staff can scheme a defense. Gave up 21 yards in the second half and the last 5 Vance drives were for negative yardage. They seem to turn it up a notch in the finals.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Only if it goes in end zone which I think it may have. College it goes out to the twenty.

Gonna disagree with ya’ on this BT slightly. Goes to 20 if rolls into end zone. Spotted at 1 if rolls dead, Kicking team downs it there or Receiving team falls on it there. It’s a live ball and can be advanced by receiving team. It was blocked (touched) behind/in expanded neutral zone & continued beyond neutral zone.

Had to go look it up & still not 100%. Probably a rule that needs to be revisited in high school... my way of saying I don’t like it.

I guess I’m not really disagreeing with you BT.

Last edited:
Wild finish! Watched it on TV. The first few minutes promised a high scoring game, being 7-7 very early, but then the defenses said no sir. Fitting that the defense made the winning score with less than a minute left. Defense wins championships, literally in this game.
What channel was it on

No, if the fg is outside the 20 it goes back to the 20, inside its where its downed.

Wrong, big dawg. Under high school rules, a missed field goal is treated just like a punt if it fails to score. If it becomes dead in the end zone, it comes out to the 20. If it's downed in the field of play, the receiving team takes over at that point. Whether the attempt is inside or outside the 20 has nothing to do with it.

The touching by the receiving team behind the line of scrimmage on the block is ignored. However, if it had been touched by the receiving team beyond the LOS, it would be a free ball. Either team could recover, but only the receiving team could advance it.

Gonna disagree with ya’ on this BT slightly. Goes to 20 if rolls into end zone. Spotted at 1 if rolls dead, Kicking team downs it there or Receiving team falls on it there. It’s a live ball and can be advanced by receiving team. It was blocked (touched) behind/in expanded neutral zone & continued beyond neutral zone.

Had to go look it up & still not 100%. Probably a rule that needs to be revisited in high school... my way of saying I don’t like it.

I guess I’m not really disagreeing with you BT.

I think you misread my post. You are not disagreeing with me.
Read all my posts about this. Exactly what I wrote. High school football. The ball only goes to the twenty if it crosses the goal line. Ball is set at the spot. It is identical to a punt. Standard rule fir high school only.

Just to clarify. When I wrote, “I think it may have” was meant that if the Vance player did not touch “it may have” went forward into the end zone.

Reactions: ConnerP
High school football rules are different than the NFL and college! This is one of the reasons players and fans have so much confusion and get on the refs many times. Youth watch the NFL or NCAA and then make mental mistakes on the field based on what they see in tv. At least this was an aggressive mistake.

The 4AA championship game finish was embarrassing.
Two teams that couldn't get out of their own way.
Happened last year, too.
And this is supposed to be the "best" of NC high school football?
The strategy must be this;
Let's put our 11 best studly D1 recruits out there against theirs and shove each other around for 45 minutes with no offense and terrible passing, and wait on one of us to screw up a punt snap.
We felt bad for the kid who messed up, bad snaps happen.
But not in consecutive years to determine the champ.
That is unacceptable.
But what happened next was pathetic.
Can't get in for TD. Surprise.
Get exceptionally slow kick blocked by three guys.
Down the ball on your own one instead of letting it roll in for a touchback.
Then instead of sneaking it for sure overtime, run and drop a handoff in the endzone for the winning safety.
NC's "best" alright.
Before it's blamed on the rain and praised as a great defensive effort, 3A Weddington was throwing the ball and scoring all over the place at the same time 7 miles away.
Teams scored lots in the rain/fog/mist Saturday also.
No excuses.
4AA championship football stunk compared to the other classes.
Did I mention fewer teams and a bye.
Second round exits by the "power teams" Mallard Creek and Butler.
What happened to their dominance?
I am serious.
Why so bad? This used to be so much better.

Happened last year, too.
Let's put our 11 best studly D1 recruits out there against theirs and shove each other around for 45 minutes with no offense and terrible passing, and wait on one of us to screw up a punt snap.
That is unacceptable.
Then instead of sneaking it for sure overtime, run and drop a handoff in the endzone for the winning safety.
NC's "best" alright.
Before it's blamed on the rain and praised as a great defensive effort, 3A Weddington was throwing the ball and scoring all over the place at the same time 7 miles away.
No excuses.
I am serious.

Here we go. They're back! :)

Happened last year, too.
That is unacceptable.
NC's "best" alright.
No excuses.
I am serious.
Let's take a look at the rosters for both these defenses, I dont know the exact for wake but a team that hasn't lost a game in 2yrs and averaged 40+ points a game and havent lost a regular season game in 5yrs held to 7 pts. Conversely we held wake like I said to 7, Myers park to 13 points. GREAT DEFENSES MAKE OFFENSES LOOK BAD. I seen a Dallas cowboy team make the high powered N.O saints team look awful. So b 4 u get on ur 4A teams suck look at the numbers first.

Smh again with the crap

The thing you have to ask yourself is this. Exactly how sad and pathetic does your life have to get before ....

First you actually send the NCHSAA letters in protest of HS football titles from 30 years ago just so you can say your....HIGH SCHOOL football team has won more state titles.

Then.....jump on a message board and create a stone cold lie about the silly little issue.

Then....actually get kicked off a HS football message board for poor behavior.

Then...because your sick obssesion is so bad you create several new accounts so you can continue to troll...and then pretend like its not you. How bad would life have to get??

Happened last year, too.
That is unacceptable.
NC's "best" alright.
No excuses.
I am serious.
Have your lil 1-3aa school 2 call wake, MC, Vance and set up a game n prove it. If not hush n enjoy the games or dont watch.

Happened last year, too.
That is unacceptable.
NC's "best" alright.
No excuses.
I am serious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
delusions of grandeur
phrase of delusion

1. a false impression of one's own importance.

de676fd802d204e27823697468df5c5e.png

Nice assessment,704.
Thanks for putting some thought into it.
Listen, I can like and appreciate a great defensive battle as much as anyone.
But more specifically, it was just poor and sloppy execution in so many cases. I spoke already about the kicking game.
4A schools, with the abundance of athletes, should have polished kicking games as just a fundamental.
Many of both teams' passing attempts had no chance for success from the get go.
The defenses had nothing to do with many failures.
The fumble for the safety was not the result of a great hit. No one hit anybody.
I think we should expect more from our larger programs.
My opinion. You are free to disagree.
I will ignore the others here.
It is obvious they feel their bully tactics have effect.
I thought I read where posters can not be attacked by others whose names were not mentioned in the post.

Like I said tell shelby, reidsville or whoever ur team is to call those "suspect schools" put them on the schedule n expose them. I seen an explosive shelby not score a point vs South Pointe a cpl yrs ago....explain that to me???

Why get on here n complain about stuff that's not gonna b solved. That's why mallard creek have to go 2 SC n we have to go to VA to play somebody. No one here wants to step up n play.

Have a ton of respect for the Shelby program. On the right night they would give either one of us a game. They get their not built for it on any regular basis and they shouldnt be.

If they played Vance or Wake Forest tomm it would look alot like the Southpointe game.

Was really impressed with Vance defense. One of these years they're gonna get the trophy ether 4A or 4AA

Now gentlemen this is a 4A board but because you brought it up I am gonna remind you about that South Pointe game. South Pointe finished undefeated, the SC AAAA State Champ, and as the number 7 team in the country. We are a much smaller school than them and honestly should have been beat 65-0.

The score was 13-0 at halftime. Deep into the third quarter we were driving around the South Pointe 25. We went for it on 4th down and a wide open receiver for us dropped a would be touchdown pass. On the next play Kendrick throws a 65 yard touchdown pass. 14 point swing. Instead of being down 13-7, now we are down 19-0. Final score was 25-0 against the #7 team in the Nation. They were averaging about 50 points a game and even put up 38 in the State Championship game.

Moral victory...meh.....but we did hold our own and I was proud of the way our boys played. We all knew Coach Ware wouldn't put a team like that on our schedule this year because we were supposed to be reloading this year. Well we won another 'Ship.

Next year's team is stacked. I don't know if the schedule is set yet but I would love to see a big Charlotte school show up on the schedule. I believe there would be some surprises in store. It's just a 7 on 7 but we did win the Cam Newton 7 on 7 last year and pretty much every one of those players is coming back. I think by putting South Pointe on the schedule last year, you can't really say Ware would "Never.....EVER happen."

Does anyone know if schedules are set for next year yet?

Now gentlemen this is a 4A board but because you brought it up I am gonna remind you about that South Pointe game. South Pointe finished undefeated, the SC AAAA State Champ, and as the number 7 team in the country. We are a much smaller school than them and honestly should have been beat 65-0.

The score was 13-0 at halftime. Deep into the third quarter we were driving around the South Pointe 25. We went for it on 4th down and a wide open receiver for us dropped a would be touchdown pass. On the next play Kendrick throws a 65 yard touchdown pass. 14 point swing. Instead of being down 13-7, now we are down 19-0. Final score was 25-0 against the #7 team in the Nation. They were averaging about 50 points a game and even put up 38 in the State Championship game.

Moral victory...meh.....but we did hold our own and I was proud of the way our boys played. We all knew Coach Ware wouldn't put a team like that on our schedule this year because we were supposed to be reloading this year. Well we won another 'Ship.

Next year's team is stacked. I don't know if the schedule is set yet but I would love to see a big Charlotte school show up on the schedule. I believe there would be some surprises in store. It's just a 7 on 7 but we did win the Cam Newton 7 on 7 last year and pretty much every one of those players is coming back. I think by putting South Pointe on the schedule last year, you can't really say Ware would "Never.....EVER happen."

Does anyone know if schedules are set for next year yet?

South Pointe didn't play well and still beat YOUR deity 25-0.

Have a ton of respect for the Shelby program. On the right night they would give either one of us a game. They get their not built for it on any regular basis and they shouldnt be.

If they played Vance or Wake Forest tomm it would look alot like the Southpointe game.

Yeah, but I don't think Shelby did that bad. It was a blowout but it was one of South pointes closer games.

Yeah, but it wasn't like it was 60-0 like they were saying. I'm sure South Pointe beats all the Nc teams.

Yeah...FWIW...and it's only a Calpreps projection...

[2017] South Pointe (Rock Hill, SC) 28, [2017] Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC) 14

and

[2017] South Pointe (Rock Hill, SC) 35, [2017] Shelby (NC) 7
Game was actually 25-0

See that's just it, that's the whole point isn't it? You step up and play quality teams when you feel you are loaded and shy away during rebuilding years. The Mallard Creeks, Vances, Butlers of the state don't have or care for that luxury or mentality. They wouldn't have to schedule a meaningful non-conference game like Dillon, SC or GW-Danville,VA because they face quality teams every year in the toughest conferences in the state. Week in and week out except for maybe 2 games they are butting heads against some very good teams. True dynasties play anybody, anywhere, anytime like Independence did and like Dillon, Mallard Creek, Butler and Vance do. You want to be in the conversation step up and act like it. Mallard Creek was set to open their season with Dutch Fork a team that outscored their opponents 771 - 130 coming off of 2 state championships. During a rebuilding year as several MC fans have stated how young they are and they will be better next year. Until you step up and act statewide and nationally you will never get what you so desperately desire our respect. And it must be quite a whole in your life because you spend an abnormal amount of time on here trying to win us 4a people over. Thus delusions of grandeur- you and only you think you are so important, none of the rest of us think you matter. We respond because we are amused with your psychosis and are bored.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT