ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest 9 - Vance 7 ,, Final !!!

They didn't? Or Shelby's defense who averaged giving up 8 points a game played them tough? Chopper is so envious...can never give props where props are due.
Woah woah woah but u had a Vance defense that averaged 9 and a wake forest defense that averaged 8. The score was 9-7, sounds like to me both defenses did their job but to others the play was below par. With shelby only losing by 25 is a moral victory....there's no moral victories in football I'm sorry, they got whooped period. In the championship game both defensive coordinators earned their pay checks and wake won in the end.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Dutch Fork is looking for one or two games depending on how things play out. For a gate split they will travel to Shelby. Same with Mallard Creek. Not sure if Vance is booked. Hough has their non conference games including Butler and Byrnes.

Yeah...FWIW...and it's only a Calpreps projection...

[2017] South Pointe (Rock Hill, SC) 28, [2017] Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC) 14

and

[2017] South Pointe (Rock Hill, SC) 35, [2017] Shelby (NC) 7
Game was actually 25-0

Nothing has changed since you guys were kicked off the last time. You are who you are. King of the 2A and nothing more.

Now gentlemen this is a 4A board but because you brought it up I am gonna remind you about that South Pointe game. South Pointe finished undefeated, the SC AAAA State Champ, and as the number 7 team in the country. We are a much smaller school than them and honestly should have been beat 65-0.

The score was 13-0 at halftime. Deep into the third quarter we were driving around the South Pointe 25. We went for it on 4th down and a wide open receiver for us dropped a would be touchdown pass. On the next play Kendrick throws a 65 yard touchdown pass. 14 point swing. Instead of being down 13-7, now we are down 19-0. Final score was 25-0 against the #7 team in the Nation. They were averaging about 50 points a game and even put up 38 in the State Championship game.

Moral victory...meh.....but we did hold our own and I was proud of the way our boys played. We all knew Coach Ware wouldn't put a team like that on our schedule this year because we were supposed to be reloading this year. Well we won another 'Ship.

Next year's team is stacked. I don't know if the schedule is set yet but I would love to see a big Charlotte school show up on the schedule. I believe there would be some surprises in store. It's just a 7 on 7 but we did win the Cam Newton 7 on 7 last year and pretty much every one of those players is coming back. I think by putting South Pointe on the schedule last year, you can't really say Ware would "Never.....EVER happen."

Does anyone know if schedules are set for next year yet?

Please don't start this crap again. You guys are slowly starting what got you kicked off the last time for.

Last edited:
See that's just it, that's the whole point isn't it? You step up and play quality teams when you feel you are loaded and shy away during rebuilding years. The Mallard Creeks, Vances, Butlers of the state don't have or care for that luxury or mentality. They wouldn't have to schedule a meaningful non-conference game like Dillon, SC or GW-Danville,VA because they face quality teams every year in the toughest conferences in the state. Week in and week out except for maybe 2 games they are butting heads against some very good teams. True dynasties play anybody, anywhere, anytime like Independence did and like Dillon, Mallard Creek, Butler and Vance do. You want to be in the conversation step up and act like it. Mallard Creek was set to open their season with Dutch Fork a team that outscored their opponents 771 - 130 coming off of 2 state championships. During a rebuilding year as several MC fans have stated how young they are and they will be better next year. Until you step up and act statewide and nationally you will never get what you so desperately desire our respect. And it must be quite a whole in your life because you spend an abnormal amount of time on here trying to win us 4a people over. Thus delusions of grandeur- you and only you think you are so important, none of the rest of us think you matter. We respond because we are amused with your psychosis and are bored.

I'm not sure I'd put Gw Danville in that conversation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT