ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia no fall sports

That gushing sound - kids scrambling to play in the bordering states. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. SC is starting after Labor Day with games. I know Sept. 1 is for NC. I'm assuming they will condense schedule and not prolong it by dropping some out of conference games, maybe the bye week(s) and dropping down the rounds of playoffs and first round byes. This is going to be interesting.

I know this frustratung for everyone. It seems rules are changing all the time due to circumstances. Just shut everything down until next year,

Going to wait as long as they can to have a chance to get season in. It’s frustrating not knowing, but I agree with this approach. If pushed too hard, I could see them saying no right now.

Reactions: ocdavis31
They are pushing fall sports to Dec. I am not an expert but it seems like this is smart. Especially in the south. Someone tell me why this doesnt make sense?

Its been known for weeks now VA wasn't going to play in the fall. Hence why Tony Grimes enrolled and reclassified. A lot of top recruits will choose this path, if no football in some states

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/virginia-officially-moves-high-school-football-to-2021/

Why can’t North Carolina get it together. Somebody. Anybody. Just come up with a actual plan that has the possibility to work.
I agree leaving these kids in limbo is the worst. I have a junior and he said he would rather be told no ball this fall than to keep up with this uncertainty. There is no way to avoid this virus playing sports. The question is can it be managed. I think you have to start practice and season with the intention of playing and if it is not manageable then shut it down. This virus is not just going to go away so can we resume some sense of normalcy in all walks of life. In the big picture hs sports is not paramount when you look at life as a whole but I'm amazed how a metric chart hasn't been designed to say here are the acceptable levels of virus in a community that is acceptable to return to school and other walks of life and here is how we are going to handle it. My opinion like all on here worthless!

I agree leaving these kids in limbo is the worst. I have a junior and he said he would rather be told no ball this fall than to keep up with this uncertainty. There is no way to avoid this virus playing sports. The question is can it be managed. I think you have to start practice and season with the intention of playing and if it is not manageable then shut it down. This virus is not just going to go away so can we resume some sense of normalcy in all walks of life. In the big picture hs sports is not paramount when you look at life as a whole but I'm amazed how a metric chart hasn't been designed to say here are the acceptable levels of virus in a community that is acceptable to return to school and other walks of life and here is how we are going to handle it. My opinion like all on here worthless!
I think if you watch the NC Governor’s press conferences, all the metrics are laid out for acceptable risk....the flattening or declining of positives, hospitalizations, ICU and ventilator usage, and deaths. The problem is that generally, those have been going in the wrong direction. And I firmly believe that it’s because of the behavior of many of our citizens.
I’m not sure about Virginia’s plan, but suspect the same metrics are there as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT