ADVERTISEMENT

Village Christian Powerhouse?

EXWFAN

Apr 5, 2006
This post was edited on 10/19 12:52 AM by EXWFAN
This post was edited on 10/20 12:03 PM by FBRef

I saw them this summer. They're pretty strong. They'll also need to develop a little discipline before the season starts.

They have had some kids leave since the summer, but they will be very strong.
They have improved each year.

Heath

Saw them this summer without last years PG(transferred to another school--not FA although he did want to attend) and they were talented. The best of the newcomers is a kid from Durham(supposedly at Mt. Zion last year) that is quite a talent.
This post was edited on 9/4 11:17 AM by nickelo

Village is indeed loaded. The 6'4" senior transfer from Durham is a multi-talented player who will be a very difficult matchup. The new 6'10" Croatian exchange student also has arrived and I understand that there have been multiple D1 coaches in "The Castle" evaluating these kids. The issues they will have to deal with are:1) Are there enough basketballs on the court to keep all players happy(but winning can help in this regard) and 2) Late in the season will they show enough discipline when tournament games become half court games.

Fayetteville Christian has a bevy of new talent as well and should be a very good squad. Fayetteville Academy has a good starting 5 yet absolutely no depth. They may field a varsity team of 8 players. Do not know much of Harrells and Cape Fear Academy. I know both schools lost a bunch through graduation and do not think they have adequately reloaded as have VCA and FCS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT