ADVERTISEMENT

Vance vs Mallard Creek

Looks like West Forsyth’s G’Mone Wilson will be available to play against Vance, he’s suffering a Sore/Stiff neck after a violent hit that had both him and the defensive player Reagan’s Shaw(who was down for 10min.) on the West Sidelines near the track midway through the 3rd. G’mone had 140yds rushing before exiting. West other RB Zy Dillard had a great game after that Wilson went out.
playing vance will not help that neck. I saw a highlight and I think it was #8 from vance just blasted the kid from MC. The kid looked as if he was shot out of a cannon. My goodness they will hit you!

Reactions: L Boog and Veejay4
Yup.....3 turnovers and 100+ yards in penalties will do it about every time. Last years team completely different than this year especially on offense.

You can sit and " what if" these deals all day. The reality is Vance is super talented on defense( 5 or 6 D1 kids including probably the best LB in the 21 class), they played clean, aggressive football and they are a tough as nails group. They earned it.
Thank you and there is no shame in losing to Vance. Those teams know each other so there are no surprises or intimidation. Playing clean is better sometimes than talent. MC will be fine more programs wish they had a fraction of the success they have had in their short existence.

playing vance will not help that neck. I saw a highlight and I think it was #8 from vance just blasted the kid from MC. The kid looked as if he was shot out of a cannon. My goodness they will hit you!
West will need G’Mone to be 100% and play great (1904 rushing yds. & 400 receiving yds and 31 TD’s in 2019) He should be First team All-State RB.
It should be a great matchup: West Forsyth’s OLine & G’Mone vs the “Best Defense” in the State.

Last edited:
West will need G’Mone to play 100% and play great (1904 rushing yds. & 400 receiving yds and 31 TD’s in 2019) He should be First team All-State RB.
It should be a great matchup: West Forsyth’s OLine & G’Mone vs the “Best Defense” in the State.
Great player but all-sate is a popularity contest. There are guys with great stats all over the state like that. The best player I have seen all year in terms of what he does for their team is Matthew Pemberton of SV. The kid has rushed for nearly 2k yards, plays linebacker/db and punts. He will not get a vote for all-state more than likely and without him southview may be a 5 win team.

Last edited:
Great player but all-sate is a popularity contest. There are guys with great stats all over the state like that. The best player I have seen all year in terms of what he does for their team is Matthew Pemberton of SV. The kid has rushed for nearly 2k yards, plays linebacker/db and punts. He will not get a vote for all-state more than likely and without him southview may be a 5 win team.

Gmone is the best RB I have seen all year. Explosive and runs angry. It will be a fun game to watch.

Looks like West Forsyth’s RB G’Mone Wilson will be available to play against Vance, he’s suffering a Sore/Stiff neck after a violent hit that had both him and the defensive player Reagan’s Shaw(who was down for 10min.) on the Sidelines near the track midway through the 3rd. G’mone had 140yds rushing before exiting. West other RB Zy Dillard had a great game after Wilson went out.

Good. Wish nothing but the best for both young men who got hurt.

West other back is great as well. It's just the one-two punch they provide that I think West will need to win.

I respect your opinion so I'm taking your word for it. He will need to be Friday!

Lot like the Pryor kid from Hough. They use him the same way. Split out in slot or wide, single back........the good news for Vance is that they may have the most athletic linebackers in the southeast so that will obviously help.

Reactions: L Boog
Last year has everything to do with this year. You always want model success. Vance set the pattern for how to defend MC. Remember success leaves clues. If RC isn’t careful, MP will do the same as they did last year. RC will be looking at the revenge factor. That’s emotion and will take them only so far. Look at what Vance did to defend MP last year. They’re going to have to put pressure
on Maye, but he’s got that quick release and able to put the ball in tight spaces. So coverage needs to be excellent. My thought is RC is going to have to outscore MP. Mindset is going to play a large part. Vance’s mindset was they knew that could play and beat MC. They’d done it before. RC is going to need to get last year out of their minds. Can’t let Meck county in their heads. It was at least in the fan’s heads if this board is any indication. So yes, in some ways last year does matter.

We could have lost to a number of teams last year for that matter. We happened to lose to MP, but that doesn’t mean anything to me. The only thing a team should remember is the taste of a loss in the playoffs and to work harder and get better...or taste it again. That’s what a good culture will do. Coaching staff builds that. I would think RC and staff will reiterate that taste this week and keep the kids focused on the game plan and execution. As a fan, I simply see it as the next team up and get 100% out of the kids. Name of the team ...who cares. Different year. I was truly more concerned with Hough. MP is a very good team, but they are in our way this week. I can’t speak for the coaches, but any team that gets caught up in a name will come in at a disadvantage. Clemson/Alabama speaks for itself.

Looks like West Forsyth’s RB G’Mone Wilson will be available to play against Vance, he’s suffering a Sore/Stiff neck after a violent hit that had both him and the defensive player Reagan’s Shaw(who was down for 10min.) on the Sidelines near the track midway through the 3rd. G’mone had 140yds rushing before exiting. West other RB Zy Dillard had a great game after Wilson went out.
That Vance D is special. I’ve coach in a State Championship and been around other teams that played in the game. Seen a lot of football, but this D pound for pound is one of the best in the last 20-25 years (when playing motivated/inspired)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT